Old 01-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #31
shadow111
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chris Eubank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Tickard View Post
Yes, and I believe Kellerman also said it during his next fight against Roy Jones. In fact, I even remembering Kellerman saying it directly to Calzaghe during one of post-fight interviews (Calzaghe responded with a puzzled look as though he wasn't sure he heard him correctly).

As far as how he could make such a mistake, it's probably because he didn't follow Calzaghe's career that closely while he was fighting in Europe and on Showtime, and he probably did very cursory research into his career when preparing for the Hopkins broadcast. I've seen a number of instances of HBO appearing to do very poor research into fighters on their broadcast.
ok thanks for acknowledging this. because you know many times in life, you see something that just isn't right, and you wonder if you're the only one that caught it or if other people knew it too. and you know it's not like i'm hating on Kellerman. in general he is a pretty good commentator, and nobody is perfect, but it's funny how no one else corrected him, and how he went out of his way to list an incorrect fact. it's the fact that he's so far off on it. not only thinking the Eubank knocked Calzaghe down, but also not mentioning the Mitchell or Salem!! it's weird to see Kellerman talk about that knockdown as if it happened.

and you said in an interview he said it to Calzaghe? which fight was that? Hopkins or Jones? i wonder if anyone has actually corrected Kellerman on this.
shadow111 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum