Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #136
LovePisBack
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez looking like a beast . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
its not in a boxers interest to look aesthetically pleasing so they wouldnt improve their physique naturally, there is no benefit

you are still getting confused over increasing muscle mass and boxing training which results in muscle gain due to PED's

its not just JMM physique that arises suspicions but this along with

his association with heredia
his increase in muscle mass whilst still performing the same
the relaxed drug testing in boxing

also JMM age is a big factor, after a long career and at his age his own bodies testosterone production would be at an all time low maybe below 50 mg a week, he would find it hard to train to compete against the likes of pacman at this stage of his career yet we see him train harder than ever, looking better than ever and competing pretty damn good

lets not forget this guy resorted to drinking his own piss a while back to perform better im sure he woudnt care injecting some test , hgh, and maybe primo or anavar into that ass cheeks of his
When I said improving his physique I didn't mean for asthetic purposes, obviously I realise that's not his focus.

I'm not confused, I'm just saying you can't tell the difference by looking at him. Perhaps he has just been following a typically boxing training programme and taking PED's but he could equally have been lifting weights and improve his explosiveness and add some mass to help in the higher weight class. Both could explain his more muscular physique.

Admittedly, the fact he's working with this "Memo" guy makes it more likely to be the former.
LovePisBack is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #137
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think Marquez is using, personally.

For ages before Berto got busted I was suspicious of him, looked almost ''clunky'', way too muscle bound in his upper body.

Marquez appears to have that look, though the camera angles are more damning than on the previous images.

I don't think his performance has increased though, despite winning the 3rd fight with Pac pretty easily, aside from getting hit a bit less he wasn't any better than he was against any of Casamayor, Diaz and Katsidis.

He threw less punches, tired quicker and so on.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #138
LovePisBack
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
???
Old 11-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #139
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePisBack View Post
When I said improving his physique I didn't mean for asthetic purposes, obviously I realise that's not his focus.

I'm not confused, I'm just saying you can't tell the difference by looking at him. Perhaps he has just been following a typically boxing training programme and taking PED's but he could equally have been lifting weights and improve his explosiveness and add some mass to help in the higher weight class. Both could explain his more muscular physique.

Admittedly, the fact he's working with this "Memo" guy makes it more likely to be the former.

its not as simple as put on muscle and become more explosive, boxing is far more complex than that its how that muscle has been put on which is the important factor

your under the impression that weight lifting seems to be the answer to everything its not and most boxers wont use weight lifting to increase muscle mass, there are far better ways to increase muscle mass in boxing which will result in more functional muscle for the sport especially when cycling on
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #140
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I think Marquez is using, personally.

For ages before Berto got busted I was suspicious of him, looked almost ''clunky'', way too muscle bound in his upper body.

Marquez appears to have that look, though the camera angles are more damning than on the previous images.

I don't think his performance has increased though, despite winning the 3rd fight with Pac pretty easily, aside from getting hit a bit less he wasn't any better than he was against any of Casamayor, Diaz and Katsidis.

He threw less punches, tired quicker and so on.
when you take into account his age, getting older and all that then his performance has increased but his physical attributes at his age will decline so its levelled out, he should be on the slide yet he is going stronger than ever, heredia is a G
Old 11-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #141
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I doubt that bulging muscle will help JMM, thought he looked best with the long, slender muscles, similar to what Calzaghe used to be built like. Think it's suits him at the lower weight with less muscle.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #142
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
ah ok so you are jmm s+c coach now are you? you must know exactly where marquez is physically in his speed, strenght, aerobic fitness etc, you know all his records and whats he doing

you might be able to get to where he is aesthetically yes but physically hell no dont be silly
I never suggested I was JMMs s+c couch. If you wish to twist things and look like a mong be my guest.

Just because you were unable to reach a certain level without PEDs doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

How serious are you when you train?
Do you track every calorie and break it down to ratio of protein/carb/fat?
Did you break every protein to its Bio index and every carb to its GI index?
Did you breakdown how many calories you were burning throughout the day and time your workouts accordingly?
Did you ensure your protein intake was on target to maintain or grow your physique depending on what your goal were?
Did you have your pre and post workout diet taylor-made to what training you were actually doing?
Did you track your vitamin,mineral and liquid intake daily?
Did you ensure you got the proper rest between each session and the correct amount of sleep at night?
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #143
LovePisBack
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
its not as simple as put on muscle and become more explosive, boxing is far more complex than that its how that muscle has been put on which is the important factor

your under the impression that weight lifting seems to be the answer to everything its not and most boxers wont use weight lifting to increase muscle mass, there are far better ways to increase muscle mass in boxing which will result in more functional muscle for the sport especially when cycling on
I know what your saying mate, were just going round in circles.

The only reason I bought the possibility of weight training up is because your first post in this thread was basically - "ohhh look at his muscular shoulders, he is definately on roid's", when that isn't necessarily the case.

The fact he is working with a self confessed PED expert is far more dodgy than his appearance in my opinion.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #144
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
I know what your saying mate, were just going round in circles.

The only reason I bought the possibility of weight training up is because your first post in this thread was basically - "ohhh look at his muscular shoulders, he is definately on roid's", when that isn't necessarily the case.

The fact he is working with a self confessed PED expert is far more dodgy than his appearance in my opinion.
I agree, but in tech users the shoulders and traps generally show the most rapid gain due to androgen receptor density.

It really wouldn't be surprised if Marquez has thought something like "Well, he's been on these compounds; we'll beat him at his own game".
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #145
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
I doubt that bulging muscle will help JMM, thought he looked best with the long, slender muscles, similar to what Calzaghe used to be built like. Think it's suits him at the lower weight with less muscle.
Hard to add 17lbs of boxing weight without adding considerable muscle, though. The alternative tends to be less good.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #146
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty321 View Post
I never suggested I was JMMs s+c couch. If you wish to twist things and look like a mong be my guest.

Just because you were unable to reach a certain level without PEDs doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

How serious are you when you train?
Do you track every calorie and break it down to ratio of protein/carb/fat?
Did you break every protein to its Bio index and every carb to its GI index?
Did you breakdown how many calories you were burning throughout the day and time your workouts accordingly?
Did you ensure your protein intake was on target to maintain or grow your physique depending on what your goal were?
Did you have your pre and post workout diet taylor-made to what training you were actually doing?
Did you track your vitamin,mineral and liquid intake daily?
Did you ensure you got the proper rest between each session and the correct amount of sleep at night?
dream on you ****ing pleb

so you think one person training on natural test levels of 70 or 80 mg per week is going to be able to reach the same goals as someone getting over 500 mg

you dont have a clue what your on about so best you **** off back to th general
Old 11-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #147
LovePisBack
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
dream on you ****ing pleb

so you think one person training on natural test levels of 70 or 80 mg per week is going to be able to reach the same goals as someone getting over 500 mg

you dont have a clue what your on about so best you **** off back to th general
To be fair he didn't say it that did he, you have just made that up.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #148
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
To be fair he didn't say it that did he, you have just made that up.

read back then and see what h said, ncase you cant find it this is taken from his post;

You can get to where JMM is physically without them if you know what you are doing.[/quote]

basically he is saying all boxers dont know how to train properly and if they did know what to do there is no need to juice, laughable to saythe least
Old 11-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #149
LovePisBack
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
read back then and see what h said, ncase you cant find it this is taken from his post;

You can get to where JMM is physically without them if you know what you are doing.

basically he is saying all boxers dont know how to train properly and if they did know what to do there is no need to juice, laughable to saythe least[/quote]

Hmm I don't think he is saying that at all.

I can only think he mean's in terms of appearance? In which case yes, it is possible.

As far as speed, power etc go there is no way of telling is there, certainly not from a photograph.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #150
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Those biceps look like Klitschko's before the Wach fight.

Hard work, dedication?

Or

Hard work, medication?
craney91 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum