Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
The Funny Man 7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1326
Default Boza-Edward vs Freddie Pendleton

How do you guy think a fight between Cornelius Boza-Edwards and Freddie Pendleton would turn out? Freddie was the perfect case of a .500 fighter suddenly evolving into a contender and ultimately a titlist.

I know most will pick Boza but Pendleton gave a prime Pernell Whitaker a very uncomfortable time. Pendleton was very, very slick and savy and he had enough pop in his fists to force other guys to respect him. On the other hand Boza is a fearsome warrior. How does this one turn out?
The Funny Man 7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
tommy the hat
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boza-Edward vs Freddie Pendleton

Boza Edwards takes this in a wild one.
tommy the hat is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
The Funny Man 7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1326

I agree, but you can't count Pendleton out. His right hand was so sharp and sneaky.
The Funny Man 7 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #4
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

At 135? Give me Pendleton by KO in the mid rounds.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #5
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Great fight. I'll take Boza to box long enough to win a few rounds before he gets drawn into a fight and ships the heavier leather. Boza decision.

S_S change your avatar back please.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
AREA 53
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Some say boxing is 50% Mental I think thats where it swings BozaŠ way, i can see Freddie being ahead at the half way stage, But Boza, Just keeps coming...he's been there so many times before, call it the law of diminishing returns..but as Freddie would start to feel like he is route-marching up Everest, and i think some despondency would creep in, Boza by contrast would be marching past those signposts to Victory, Pressure Pressure Pressure.. Freddies thoughts would probably turn from victory to survival, Boza was known to pull out a big shot on tiring opponents, and i think he does so here, Freddie would of been Banking on making some type of Dent on Boza early...Instead the Banks Closed. he's the one suffering the Second half panel Beating...Boza Circa 10th for me.
AREA 53 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
greynotsoold
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Freddie Pendleton had a LAAZ-rocket of a right hand. I was there the night he fought Ruelas (which Freddie should have won- two knockdowns were called slips, but Rafael was not to be denied that night.) At the end of the 9th I think it was, Ruelas left himself open for a right and Pendleton threw it. The entire Forum audience seemed to be holding its breath, then to let it go when that punch missed.
Boza-Edwards was not his best at 135; he left a lot in the ring in those wars at 130. I think Freddie would stop him in 8-10 rounds. Boza could outwork him, but anytime Pendleton lands clean (especially with his right, though he had a sharp hook as well) he could change the fight.
greynotsoold is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Which Pendleton? Pendelton at his very best would beat Boza. I'd take Boza to win a 3 fight series.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
Freddie Pendleton had a LAAZ-rocket of a right hand. I was there the night he fought Ruelas (which Freddie should have won- two knockdowns were called slips, but Rafael was not to be denied that night.) At the end of the 9th I think it was, Ruelas left himself open for a right and Pendleton threw it. The entire Forum audience seemed to be holding its breath, then to let it go when that punch missed.
Boza-Edwards was not his best at 135; he left a lot in the ring in those wars at 130. I think Freddie would stop him in 8-10 rounds. Boza could outwork him, but anytime Pendleton lands clean (especially with his right, though he had a sharp hook as well) he could change the fight.
Boza was also at 135 before he made the cut to 130 that seemed to take his legs a bit.

What about the disciplined Boza that fought Arguello? The one that showed the most balls a man who has shat himself has ever shown.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #10
greynotsoold
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Boza was also at 135 before he made the cut to 130 that seemed to take his legs a bit.

What about the disciplined Boza that fought Arguello? The one that showed the most balls a man who has shat himself has ever shown.
I had forgotten that; for some reason I had it in my head that he started at 126. Confused with Chacon, maybe?
greynotsoold is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum