Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #31
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Kell Brook seriously eat steak and brocolli every morning for breakfast?

Had this conversation about paleo on the freddie flintoff programme thread. Paleo is the way forward. Although some people just cant get it in their head that u can live without grainy carbs.
knighty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #32
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Does Kell Brook seriously eat steak and brocolli every morning for breakfast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirva View Post
Grains are terrible for your health
they are mate. u go paleo for a few months and then eat them and see how u feel. U will then know the damage they do to your body.
knighty is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #33
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I would imagine that kind of diet (no grains) is extremely good for cutting in general, so I'd say it looks a great diet for making weight fairly healthily taking in a lot of nutrients. It's hard to really consume a lot of calories when the bulk of your meals are veg. I'm not sure eating like this is anything new though or worthy of a name.

I'd take some convincing that diet is optimal for bulking though, if thats your goal. You'd have to replace those lost calories you'd usually get through whole grains with nuts and other fat sources I'd imagine. If you're not allowed dairy either that'd make the job even harder.

Is there conclusive scientific evidence grains are actually bad for you or is this anecdotal? Seems to be a lot of conflicting theory.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #34
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Had this conversation about paleo on the freddie flintoff programme thread. Paleo is the way forward. Although some people just cant get it in their head that u can live without grainy carbs.
I try not to eat wheat.

Oats, Rice are the grains i eat.

So the Paleo diet is the way forward, for what exactly..? Just weight loss..?

Can fats been turned into muscle glycogen...? Nope.

"Glycogen is the main way the body stores glucose for later use. Glycogen is the primary fuel your muscles use for energy production; therefore, optimizing glycogen stores is important and it's one of the reasons energy levels decrease when reducing carbs"

Protein and fats can be broken down into glucose, but they can not be synthesised into glycogen. Plus you don't want your body to be breaking down protein into glucose anyway, that's not its primary function.

Note: If you want to lose weight go ahead and eat your ****ing stupid, caveman diet. But if you want to perform and recover optimally, don't be a retard and use carbs. It all depends on what your goals are..? If you are a retard who wants to lose weight..? Because it will some how magically improve all areas of performance be a caveman.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #35
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Have you done it yourself? Or are u just quoting what you have just read on google after frantically searching for a clever answer. You are basing your opinions as if i am talking about some stupid meat only eating plan. I have persoally tried so many kinds of diets for performance and gains and i am telling YOU that it is very affective. You really are a bit to high horse and opionated for my liking pal.

Doesnt the many people on this forum who follow this way of living tell you that it works?
knighty is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #36
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
I try not to eat wheat.

Oats, Rice are the grains i eat.

So the Paleo diet is the way forward, for what exactly..? Just weight loss..?

Can fats been turned into muscle glycogen...? Nope.

"Glycogen is the main way the body stores glucose for later use. Glycogen is the primary fuel your muscles use for energy production; therefore, optimizing glycogen stores is important and it's one of the reasons energy levels decrease when reducing carbs"

Protein and fats can be broken down into glucose, but they can not be synthesised into glycogen. Plus you don't want your body to be breaking down protein into glucose anyway, that's not its primary function.

Note: If you want to lose weight go ahead and eat your ****ing stupid, caveman diet. But if you want to perform and recover optimally, don't be a retard and use carbs. It all depends on what your goals are..? If you are a retard who wants to lose weight..? Because it will some how magically improve all areas of performance be a caveman.
It wont matter what you eat pal, you still will be a massive bellend!
andy is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #37
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellewlovechild View Post
By the sounds of him i reckon he is a bit partial to the odd sausage
extra crispy too.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #38
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

I eat steak every morning, a steak bake from greggs. mmm.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #39
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Haaahaha.
Ilesey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum