Old 11-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #181
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Ward did not put a clinic on against Froch at all. Just rewatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_40 View Post
Seriously what is there to discuss? Its not like Froch And Ward Never fought....they did and Ward won...../thread
Ward winning has never been disputed, what has been is where people call it a clinic
bailey is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #182
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Ward started fast, but then faded as Froch settled and grew into the fight. The main issue is that it was only 12 rounds, the old school 15 rounder would have suited Froch down to a tee, as he began to outwork and pressure Ward later on.

A rematch in Nottingham, with Froch starting fast, and pressing Ward like Marvin Hagler pressed Tommy Hearns, would be very interesting indeed
I just think that is a myth perpetuated by..I don't know who..probably people who saw the British feed and heard Froch getting willed on by the commentators.

Ward clearly outlanded Froch in the 12th and won it IMO...and if my memory serves me correct at the very least in the 8th and 10th..And I'm not talking about compubox bullshit, I'm talking about watching clean, effective punching with your own eyes.

Froch just threw more as he got more desperate but wasn't landing anything of note...But that was the pattern of the fight in the early rounds aswell..Froch threw more and couldn't land..Ward threw less but was landing a decent clip.

"Outworking" is pointless if you aren't effective with it..if anything it can work against you, the effective defense of your opponant can go towards him winning the round..I know it doesn't always work out that way in this day in age but thats the criteria they are supposed to be going by.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #183
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
I just think that is a myth perpetuated by..I don't know who..probably people who saw the British feed and heard Froch getting willed on by the commentators.
Watch it without commentary if you get carried away with what others say
Quote:
Ward clearly outlanded Froch in the 12th and won it IMO...and if my memory serves me correct at the very least in the 8th and 10th..And I'm not talking about compubox bullshit, I'm talking about watching clean, effective punching with your own eyes.
Ward did alot of leaning and holding in the 12th
Quote:
Froch just threw more as he got more desperate but wasn't landing anything of note...But that was the pattern of the fight in the early rounds aswell..Froch threw more and couldn't land..Ward threw less but was landing a decent clip.
You make it sound like ward was landing power shot after power shot at will when that wasnt happening that often even if it was more often than Froch
Quote:
"Outworking" is pointless if you aren't effective with it..if anything it can work against you, the effective defense of your opponant can go towards him winning the round..I know it doesn't always work out that way in this day in age but thats the criteria they are supposed to be going by.
Ward was doing alot of illegal holding and laying on Froch against the ropes. Do you call that effective? It seems to have fooled many when you watch one guy leaning on another, but often not a great deal was happening
Old 11-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #184
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Watch it without commentary if you get carried away with what others say
Ward did alot of leaning and holding in the 12th
What I'm getting at is maybe you should.

I know what I see.. commentators have never really effected that for me..at least not since I was a kid.

Quote:
You make it sound like ward was landing power shot after power shot at will when that wasnt happening that often even if it was more often than Froch
Thats not what I said at all..you interpret things like a Murdoch tabloid.

Quote:
Ward was doing alot of illegal holding and laying on Froch against the ropes. Do you call that effective? It seems to have fooled many when you watch one guy leaning on another, but often not a great deal was happening
Ward does clinch a lot and it's legality is debatable sometimes..but thats up to the ref's interpretation.

Froch is a fiend for locking in his left arm and banging away with his right up close..he ain't to shy about rabbit punching whilst he is doing aswell..He did plenty of that against Ward.

If Froch was the one manhandling Ward you wouldn't be calling it illegal..you would be saying how strong and alpha Carl is.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #185
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195

Ward completely dominated the fight with a broken left hand. Sorry, chumps.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #186
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Was a clear, dominant win. Who gives a **** if someone says 'put on a clinic'. Well, I guess that would be FAILEY, the king of being butt hurt. And can one blame him, he has a whole slew of team elite UKunts up his ass, he barely has any room to let out a fart.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #187
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

It was a clear win where Ward was a step ahead all along. It did not have the nerve of for example Calzaghe-Kessler where Calzaghe thought he was losing until round 7. I am sure Ward never thought he was losing even 10 seconds into the fight.

So it was a clear win. But Froch was on the other hand not in any way schooled like a Jeff Lacy.

Therefore is was a clear win, but not a clinic or schooling.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #188
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uttercunt View Post
Was a clear, dominant win. Who gives a **** if someone says 'put on a clinic'. Well, I guess that would be FAILEY, the king of being butt hurt. And can one blame him, he has a whole slew of team elite UKunts up his ass, he barely has any room to let out a fart.
Lance_Uttercunt walks right into another slap, worse than the ones he took on his one day at the gym. The words clear and dominant when you have 2 x 115/113 cards
Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #189
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post

The fact that you mention Team Elite in every other post you make, is not only testament to our greatness, but indeed it shows that you are the 'king of being butt hurt' as you put it Lance
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #190
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Lance_Uttercunt walks right into another slap, worse than the ones he took on his one day at the gym. The words clear and dominant when you have 2 x 115/113 cards
STFU you inconsistent twat. You use ranking to make your point, but say other rankings mean nothing or are just based on American bias when it's against you. Same with scoring. You're an inconsistent cunt, and you know it. Only idiots like you will attest Ward - Froch was close.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #191
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
The fact that you mention Team Elite in every other post you make, is not only testament to our greatness, but indeed it shows that you are the 'king of being butt hurt' as you put it Lance
Every other post? Do you know how to read, or have books not made their way dowsn FAILEY'S asshole where you reside? Maybe he can print boxrec out and sauce it up for you. Bon Appetite!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #192
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Have you ever been in a Boxing gym?
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #193
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Ward did not put a clinic on against Froch at all. Just rewatched.
Ward looked more composed than Froch, which gives a better impression of control, but try watching the fight without any commentary or sound, and you can see why the judges watched a close fight.
Ward was leaning and holding which isnt a clinic, like many would like to dream it was. Ward definately didnt close the show.

Rewatched and scored.

Round 1 . Even round
Round 2 . Ward
Round 3 . Even
Round 4 . Ward, full of holding and leaning
Round 5 . Froch, clinical finish to the round
Round 6 . Ward, close round
Round 7 . Ward, full of holding and leaning
Round 8 . Ward, full of holding and leaning
Round 9 . Froch, tough round to call
Round 10. Ward, tough round to call
Round 11. Froch, but Ward holding and leaning
Round 12. Froch

A close win to Ward but not a clinic,

A SMW clinic was Jones/Toney, Calzaghe/Lacy, Kessler/Andrade, etc

Ward seemed to be struggling at the end, as he did against Bika and Froch is an old SMW.
So you scored the fight 116-114?

Ban the troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #194
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Ward > Froch, period.
Abdullah is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #195
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
Ward > Froch, period.
Froch is FAR more entertaining though, and Ward's fights generally sell poorly. The Ward vs Dawson was probably the least anticipated fight ever between two fighters both in the Ring P4P top 6.

Has any fight with both fighters so highly ranked P4P EVER sold so poorly?

I really dont think so. Ward is historically boring and his not wanting to fight outside of the US in not making him any fans either. Especially in a division with a tradition of willingness to travel for the big fights.
JoeAverage is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum