Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Hatton has never dominated anyone at 147

He wasn't able to maul Collazo up at welterweight and that was a prime Hatton. He lost the physical battle against Floyd too who was stronger than him on the inside. His pressure has only really been effective against smaller guys down at 140.

Now Senchenko is a big welterweight has a height and reach advantage can anyone see a Hatton who hasn't fought a fight for over 3 years, looks jaded and warn out actually come out and dominate this guy? Will he have the foot speed and movement to get past the long jab and close the distance quick enough to get inside and get his shots off? Once there, can he physically assert himself and pressure Senchenko? What kind of stamina has he got left after all the abuse he has inflicted on himself?

I don't see Ricky as a favourite here because there is just far too much he needs to overcome to be successful in this fight. Can he win? Yes he can if he's able to get inside and has the stamina go grind Senchenko down. But can anyone really see it? Do you Hatton a better chance than I do? If so what makes you believe we will see The Hitman turning back the clock and winning the fight?
rainmaker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
RoughD
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1807
Default Re: Hatton has never dominated anyone at 147

I personally see senchenko jabbing rickys head off.
RoughD is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
UP93
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Senchenko is awful

/thread
UP93 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

If Hatton marches forward like he did in his fights towards end 3 years ago he will find himself a bloody mess. Senchenko will enjoy the straight lines and lack of head movement and defence.

If Hatton uses the good quality footwork he has and works off the angles he will have success. The problem is keeping up a high paced yet diciplined fight up for 10 rounds after coming off this lay off. But he cannot stand at mid range flat footed and look to counter and box with this guy. Take Senchenko out of his element like Paulie did make him force the fight or stick to him like glue. Don't fight at mid-range. If you need a rest sit inside or just use your feet..

Senchenko is a decent fighter when he can get his shots off, Hatton has to keep it moving, put punches together and get back to body punching which he seemed to forget near end.

But yeah he's never bullied anyone at 147. I genuinely don't see Senchenko being as ineffective as he was against Paulie. He was awful and that was credit to Paulie but also showed his lack of world class opponents.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
If Hatton marches forward like he did in his fights towards end 3 years ago he will find himself a bloody mess. Senchenko will enjoy the straight lines and lack of head movement and defence.

If Hatton uses the good quality footwork he has and works off the angles he will have success. The problem is keeping up a high paced yet diciplined fight up for 10 rounds after coming off this lay off. But he cannot stand at mid range flat footed and look to counter and box with this guy. Take Senchenko out of his element like Paulie did make him force the fight or stick to him like glue. Don't fight at mid-range. If you need a rest sit inside or just use your feet..

Senchenko is a decent fighter when he can get his shots off, Hatton has to keep it moving, put punches together and get back to body punching which he seemed to forget near end.

But yeah he's never bullied anyone at 147. I genuinely don't see Senchenko being as ineffective as he was against Paulie. He was awful and that was credit to Paulie but also showed his lack of world class opponents.
wow....at last....someone talking perfect sense....thats just about the way i see it too, but you worded it better than i could have.

only afterthought that i have to all that is that Senchenko is 35 years old and maybe...maybe...be on the slide himself.

and...people diss the paulie loss, but that just shows me that paulie doesnt get near enough respect from boxing fans on forums...boxing is not all about power, and paulie has got ring smarts...always had.

anyway....top post that.
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.ie View Post
wow....at last....someone talking perfect sense....thats just about the way i see it too, but you worded it better than i could have.

only afterthought that i have to all that is that Senchenko is 35 years old and maybe...maybe...be on the slide himself.

and...people diss the paulie loss, but that just shows me that paulie doesnt get near enough respect from boxing fans on forums...boxing is not all about power, and paulie has got ring smarts...always had.

anyway....top post that.
Cheers Doug , I agree Paulie's a up and down fighter but he's had some fine nights against good fights. He's a warrior as well he's no push over. Only have to listen to him speak about the sport to know he's got a good boxing brain as well.

When he hangs them up he will hopefully stick fulltime to the commentary game,Much needed . And yep Senchenko may of spent his peak in relative obsecurity as a world champion.

This is a really intriging fight, Been a little while since i've been excited for a fight.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Good stuff as always mate, got my duck leg ready for tomorrow.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
Good stuff as always mate, got my duck leg ready for tomorrow.
Cheers Smog , You love a bit of Duck don't ya. What you have it with?. I don't mind when i have my chinese i don't normally go out of my way for it.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Duck leg with some roast potatoes that are cooked in the ducks juices with some boiled carrots, brocoli and cauliflower, bottle of tiger beer and a bowl of ice cream. Lovely jubbly. I read your off to the cinema to watch hatton? i cant help but thinking it would be weird watching a fight in a cinema.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
Duck leg with some roast potatoes that are cooked in the ducks juices with some boiled carrots, brocoli and cauliflower, bottle of tiger beer and a bowl of ice cream. Lovely jubbly. I read your off to the cinema to watch hatton? i cant help but thinking it would be weird watching a fight in a cinema.
Can't beat Roast tatty's , Sounds nice mate and not your usual Saturday night junk meal you hear people have .

Well the side i coach have a game in Reading tomorrow so it's all dependant on the game happening. Doubtful, then me getting back to London in time to get changed and head to Cinema (wanna see undercard) but it's my first time if i do go i'm kinda looking forward to it. I get what you mean it won't be like watching it at home but the sound i can imagine being quality.

Just hope the dickheads don't come out to play. Always some pratt(s) out to ruin something..
Old 11-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Just watching Senchenko lads, Footwork and leading off kills him. The way he showed out against Paulie really says a lot. Seems like a guy who's fragile..

It's all on Ricky IMO, If he's got the goods still then he wins. He may well pull the stoppage out i see Senchenko marking up in other fights here.

The guy doesn't counter punch, He needs to touch you with his first punch if he can't he gets caught out of position. As i mentioned earlier Hatton has to keep it moving but i dunno i think they've picked a good fight here. If Hatton loses then you know for sure it's over. Cos he should beat this guy if he's still got it..
Old 11-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think it's really nice with mash - make some mash cakes and bang them in the oven.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I dunno why but i can't stand mash but love pie and mash with liqour. Missus loves mash but give me roast potato's anyday. Yorkshire puds as well..
Old 11-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Quote:
Just watching Senchenko lads, Footwork and leading off kills him. The way he showed out against Paulie really says a lot. Seems like a guy who's fragile..

It's all on Ricky IMO, If he's got the goods still then he wins. He may well pull the stoppage out i see Senchenko marking up in other fights here.

The guy doesn't counter punch, He needs to touch you with his first punch if he can't he gets caught out of position. As i mentioned earlier Hatton has to keep it moving but i dunno i think they've picked a good fight here. If Hatton loses then you know for sure it's over. Cos he should beat this guy if he's still got it..
Good points there mate. I recently watched Senchenko vs Malignaggi too and couldn't believe just how damn slow Senchenko is with his feet. I know it seems to be a trait of all Eastern European fighters but **** me, looking at this lad you'd think he was tied up to a ball and chain. His jab looks pretty decent though when he's able to get it off. Hatton has to think before acts, body shots will be key. If he just goes in there and looks to run over Senchenko then I'm sad to say that we're going to have to witness another Manny Pacquiao revisited with Ricky.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Good points there mate. I recently watched Senchenko vs Malignaggi too and couldn't believe just how damn slow Senchenko is with his feet. I know it seems to be a trait of all Eastern European fighters but **** me, looking at this lad you'd think he was tied up to a ball and chain. His jab looks pretty decent though when he's able to get it off. Hatton has to think before acts, body shots will be key. If he just goes in there and looks to run over Senchenko then I'm sad to say then we're going to have to witness another Manny Pacquaio revisited with Ricky.
I know i was shocked watching it, A guy of that size he gets pushed back by arm punches. His boots seem to big for his feet he seems to muddle all over the gaff. He needs a can of WD-40 ..

I agree if Hatton has his wits about him he should do the job, go in with the ''i'm a beast'' attitude and he could find himself in a trench war.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum