bump
Xplosive is online now  Top
Old 09-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
AREA 53
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Antonio Esparagoza vs Barry McGugiam

It might be location that swings the result of this match, on native soil either native resident would i think be favoured, but if we said on a neutral site..say Vegas...say an air conditioned in-house event, then i would lean towards Barry, if the Esparagoza heat was the only hot-plate barry had to worry about, it is a mighty concern none the less, Antonio was something of a mystery man, not a broadcast favourite, but that does/did not diminish his talent, something of a Medium-income mans Arguello, long limbed straight puncher, with a dangerous right cross...he was nobody's easy nights work,
Stevie Cruz gave him a good go of it...but his style was different to Barry's, not quite so excessible, However, Barry at his best, and he didnt always travel well, would i think slip into the rhythm of antonio...and Barry did have good defensive work on the way in..coming in behind the Jab...to land those filleting body shots...Antonio probably would like a "Boxer" type to afford him time to compose and execute, and i dont think a McGuigen in full flow gives hin that...Barry might get jolted a few times on the way in on occassion, but i think his incessant pace and those crppling left hooks would tell in the end, with no Heat factor handicap...i like Barry's Constant quality to outweigh Antonio's intermittent Excellance...the Colones Cyclone circa 11th for me
AREA 53 is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum