Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253
Default Alcohol once a month - every few months

Im not much a drinker, only like once ever month to 4 months but i'll get the occasion where there's a party where i get together with a few people every now and then because everyone has full time jobs, school w/e

i tend to get real ****ed up when i do drink, rarely will i puke but im completely out of it and my head spins for hours till im home in bed till the next morning where i feel horrible.

Now i know alcohol is never a good thing but last night going to a party last night seeing the drinks and such i've never felt so bad. The only thing stopping me from drinking was i drove that night. Ill never being doing that again, it's either i go to drink or i dont go at all. All i ever do is , train, school,girlfriend, eat and sleep, my life gets pretty stale but its a sacrifice. I just want to know if i gotta sacrifice it all completely because my social is nearing to non existant this way. All everyone wants to do is party because it's the only time they have.

Im hard working, do my work in and out of the gym and i really worry over progression in my fitness and skills. If someone could tell me the best way and how many times a year would be best for someone who wont be fighting for a few months.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: Alcohol once a month - every few months

No, you don't need to completely cut it out. Just find balance and you'll be fine.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
lifestylechoice
Everymothersdream

vCash: 500

As long as you don't drink anything too calorie heavy, stay hydrated throughout and rehydrate well the next day theres really no reason why not to.

I might drink once every two weeks, would never drink after training or the day before as that will hurt you. For me I'll drink on a Saturday, if ive got a game finishing at 4pm then I'll rehydrate and not start drinking until at least 8pm. Don't do any exercise on Sunday as thats my rest day if I've been out the night before. Works for me.
lifestylechoice is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
FIN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If you work out,eat right,get plenty of rest then once a week is ok to drink,I work out around 5 days a week,eat a healthy diet but maybe every second Saturday I go out drinking,I drink a good bit,you need a blow out every now and again and you need to enjoy life..
FIN is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Andreas
Journeyman

Ha ha, being Irish i love a pint and tend to drink once a week, usually Saturday and i usually drink a lot, out from 3 pm til oblivion. I only train Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I am 37 and don't fight any more except the odd hard spar. Alochol is highly toxic and no matter how fit you are you are going to feel like shit the next day, particularly as you get older. As above posters say, don't drink when you are dehydrated, rehydrate after drinking and don't train while hungover, enjoy the drink.
Andreas is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing