Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #46
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Thoughts on Hatton

A mans pride can be a terrible thing and in a sport of such machismo a loss is extremely hard to take espicially when you start to believe your unbeatable and believe your own hype.

For many fighters fighting is all they know, they look at other men and think ''Well i'm a better fighter then him'' so they think there the better man so to speak and when you lose to another man it must be hard to deal with espicially when as i said a guy like Hatton had deluded himself into believing no one could beat him at 140 and no one could beat him full stop he even admitted he thought he could walk through people.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #47
darwoody

vCash: 100

I hate to see this. A once good fighter hoping to roll back the clock. Its the saddest thing in the sport.
darwoody is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #48
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

hope he is genuinely happy and can stay positive for the future
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #49
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Thanks or the kind words Jack, Scotchpieirnbru & galashala7.

Seeing ricky post fight has put my mind at ease a bit though, hes coming over like the pressure valve has been released on his mindset, & that after going to war one last time he actually realises now what he has got, his health, a loving family & more money than he could ever spend!

Still couldnt help feel though after hearing Ricky go on about whats the point in beating up a journeyman, that he was missing the point & someone should have stood upto him beforehand & told him that he should have taken the Scott Harrison comeback route. Swallow pride, fight a couple of no-hopers to get the confidence back & get back into the swing of things, & take it from there. Remember, Scotty after his FIRST comeback win wanted to face Burns next, fighters need protecting from themselves at times.

Seems though, that cos Ricky is a money making machine that people were happy to let a proud warrior make the mistake of fighting an active world class operator who just happened to be a stylistic nightmare for a comebacking Hatton & just stood back & let an accident happen, cos there was a shitload of money to be made
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #50
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Thanks or the kind words Jack, Scotchpieirnbru & galashala7.

Seeing ricky post fight has put my mind at ease a bit though, hes coming over like the pressure valve has been released on his mindset, & that after going to war one last time he actually realises now what he has got, his health, a loving family & more money than he could ever spend!

Still couldnt help feel though after hearing Ricky go on about whats the point in beating up a journeyman, that he was missing the point & someone should have stood upto him beforehand & told him that he should have taken the Scott Harrison comeback route. Swallow pride, fight a couple of no-hopers to get the confidence back & get back into the swing of things, & take it from there. Remember, Scotty after his FIRST comeback win wanted to face Burns next, fighters need protecting from themselves at times.

Seems though, that cos Ricky is a money making machine that people were happy to let a proud warrior make the mistake of fighting an active world class operator who just happened to be a stylistic nightmare for a comebacking Hatton & just stood back & let an accident happen, cos there was a shitload of money to be made
harrison needs to build it up cos no one is gonna put money into a big fight for him.

it's that simple dunks.

if he can show some reliability and form he might get the backing.

hatton already has all that in place.

he just didn't wanna step down in competition and find out where he was.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #51
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1 View Post
harrison needs to build it up cos no one is gonna put money into a big fight for him.

it's that simple dunks.

if he can show some reliability and form he might get the backing.

hatton already has all that in place.

he just didn't wanna step down in competition and find out where he was.
hello my old sparring partner from many moon ago Listen my good man, Im not interested in turning this into some sort of Ricky/Scotty debate, Hattons achievements piss all over Harrisons. Its just that someone said earlier in the thread that Hatton should have had a lower-key comeback like Harrisons, & I agreed.

I dont know if you are drunk HH, but you seem to have missed my main point, & that is that Ricky Hatton if he had people who really cared, shouldnt have been thrown into a PPV comeback in a huge arena against a live & dangerous opponent who HE picked. We all knew Hatton had the fanbase in place, but his comeback should have been about easing him back, not letting Ricky straight off the leash after 3 years out of action.

You say to me that Ricky didnt want to step down to find out where he was, & thats what Im talking about! Ricky was allowed to pick his opponent, & it was too much, too soon. Now hes retired after a defeat when he should have been fighting an 8 rounder at most after such a long lay off.

I dont understand your argument TBH
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #52
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

This comeback screamed "bad idea" from the day it was announced.
Deep down I'm sure even his biggest fans were aware of that.

BUT ... Hatton has been so persuasive that it's something he needs to do, and his life was hell following the Pacquiao defeat and the years since, etc. that everyone had no choice but to accept that.

Hopefully he will have put his demons to rest, but who knows ?
Life is hard, but the man is in a pretty good position. He has a lot of opportunities, he's financially secure, he achieved a lot in the sport. There are so many positives he can draw from his 34 years of life, more than most.
Hopefully he and the people close to him will work from the positive, and banish the negative.
Life goes on, and it can be good.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #53
lost
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
forgot about this
apart from that

Not just that though. Munroe got stopped with a body shot as well... about an hour before hand.
lost is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #54
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Sadly his fight with depression carries on..

Found this vid, thought i'd place here rather then make another thread on Hatton..
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Why the **** would you let this bloke train you.. You only have to listen to him to relise he's a cunt.
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 04:20 AM   #55
Rebel-INS
Mighty Healthy
ESB Senior Member

I have never been a Hatton fan, I found him arrogant and a bit of a twat. It's only last night that I realised that a lot of what I believed to be arrogance is just Hatton trying to impress his fans, I felt genuinely sorry for the bloke.

I worry for him now, I can seriously see him sliding even deeper into depression after that. He doesn't seem to realise that the fans still love him, and he doesn't owe them a thing. If he can somehow get rid of this best mate of everyone thing that he seems to carry around he'll be far happier.
Rebel-INS is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #56
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-INS View Post
I worry for him now, I can seriously see him sliding even deeper into depression after that.

That was precisely what I thought when the fight was first announced. .. 'If he's coming back because he couldn't handle the manner of his defeat, how's he going to react when he realises he can't fight any more ?'

He just needs to move on. There's life after boxing.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 04:28 AM   #57
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

His ego got too big, he believed his own bullshit hype, and that has hurt him. He can't handle the fact he was never as good as he also got fooled into thinking.

When your ego is that big and you're that self-obsessed, it must be hard to accept the reality.
There's never any upside to getting too big for your boots.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #58
Broxi
Me Whee!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Muldoon View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Glad I watched that, I hope he went home feeling that exact way and that he came to terms with where he is in life right now and can move on healthy and happier.

He's right too ... yes, he could take on a few over-matched opponents and maybe work his way back but he would have known himself in there that his body just isn't doing what he used to be able to do and it's not just down to ring rust and the timing being a little off.
Broxi is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #59
dannyboy147
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I was gutted watching him last night, he looked awful, it was like rocky 6. Who was Ricky sparring with for this fight? he has access to a host of great fighters but looked like he hadnt sparred a round.His timing was terrible and he couldn't adjust. There wasn't many signs of improvement either he just got desperate as the fight went on, surely his corner should have told him to calm down and just box the last couple of rounds and get the win.

I really feel for him, when he said I'm not a failure.....I'm not a failure. Strange thing for him to say. I hope he is ok, I for one will always remember the hitman of old, last night doesn't count, I'm not counting it anyway!!!!!
dannyboy147 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #60
Gero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 470

The post fight interview was very worrying and extremely difficult to watch, I worry how he will react now... I think Ricky is a classic manic depressive, seeing his highs and him talking of his extreme lows.
Luckily for him he seems to have a good team around him and a very supportive girlfriend, I hope 1 of them intervenes and tells him to seek out some behavioural counseling and keep him out of the pub.
Gero is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum