Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #31
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundy View Post
Someone from Liverpool supporting someone from Manchester doesn't happen unless they are a decent person, unlike you. A bellend.
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #32
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
How much have you had to dwink op? Go to bed before you embawwass yoursewf any more.
Don't dwink mate.Does that make it worse? (hiccup)
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #33
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 240
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundy View Post
Someone from Liverpool supporting someone from Manchester doesn't happen unless they are a decent person, unlike you. A bellend.
widicuwous comment from a widicuwous menkal midget.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #34
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

love that mate
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #35
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of England
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Dear Ricky,
I'm sorry that I feel compelled to write to you at such a harrowing time for you,but there's a few things I would like to remind you of in the hope of achieving a measure of perspective at this point in your journey.

First,I think it's only fair to remove a proverbial elephant.I have been a fan for many years,but it's only correct that I point out that I was a fan who supported you because I loved the way you conquered the world with what seemed to me,somewhat limited ability in some departments.But you took your strengths and reached heights the vast majority of us will be lucky to dream of,and I genuinely wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the excitement and pleasure your wonderful journey to the pinnacle afforded me.

Another reason you have a special place in my heart is because any mention of you almost always reminds me of a friend who is no longer with us.Back in 2005,we were in an uneviable position having(deservedly at least in my case) of having lost out liberty.We only had access to some of your fights in the run up to Kostya but I managed to catch Tackie and Oliviera and it's still great to think of the days when you actually had a jab!
Anyway,as the big fight was PPV,we were told there was no way we'd see it,but my friend took it upon himself to campaign on everyone's behalf to get it,and although many concessions were conceded,he pulled it off.I fully understand why people would be disgusted at the thought of prisoners being able to access pay-per-view television,but it came out of an account known as the "Common Good Fund" which basically covers the funding of prisoner's basic needs that the state does not provide,and whilst the merits of this may be questionable,I'm sure you appreciate this is not the time or the place.But my point on this occasion is that I fondly link you to the memory of a good friend who dies tragically young.
I suspect as I write that dwelling on the big nights may not be beneficial to you at this point,so despite the fact that I had so much to say about these great and not-so-great(from your perspective) nights can be edited to a far more direct way of saying what I really want to say;
You gave us so much Ricky.You made boxing really matter for a nation again and united fans from every corner of the UK in a way we may never see again.I know it's not us that are missing the adulation and respect,but you have a place in our hearts that mean the fights you want to forget don't matter.We know that you're hurting terribly,but you're hurting for the loss of things you haven't lost.You have the respect of a generation of boxing fans,and it says a lot about how I always felt there were limits to your ability in certain areas,I always cheered for you,even against Kostya,who was a big favourite of mine!
I loved when you had a ringwalk with my alltime #2,Marco Antonio Barrera and even allowing for the fact that I think I had been drugged for a brief period when I inexplicably bet 200 on you to win,despite spending every second outwith that strange ten minutes believing it was too big an ask.But there have only been a very few rare occasions when I wanted Floyd to lose,but because of who you are,you were one of them.
Even though I have seen several very sad moments in boxing over the years,I'm not sure if any of them were more upsetting than tonight.I said to my boy at the end of the seventh,"Ricky will make a tearful announcement that it's not there,even if he somehow wins"
I may have semed prepared for what happened but although I'm not proud to admit it,I cried my way through most of that interview.I am haunted by your protestations that you're "not a failure"
Of course you're not Ricky! And you need to realise that because you're one of the main reasons our wonderful sport is still keeping it's head above water in the UK,and you will be loved,admired and best of all,respected by more than enough people to make you see what you've meant and what you've achieved.
Walk away with your head held high son! You reached the top of the mountain in the toughest game of all,and those fights you can't forget about are the ones that mean the least to your fans.There was so much more I wanted to say here,but at the risk of ridicule I just want to say again;Thank you Ricky.Only you can taint the memories for us,and if you put yourself and your family first,get the help you need and win the biggest fight of your life,you'll always have a special place in our hearts.
And we'll be with you all the way,so cut out all that "failure" nonsense.

Gratefully,
A fan.





Thanks for reading.
****in Man up! All love letters should end with I LOVE YOU & Always will
duranimal is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #36
unorthodox
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 916
vCash: 75
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Fitness beat Ricky tonight, brave as **** but he should have had 2 tune up fights then fought senchenko, senchenko isn't the fastest welterweight but he was pickin Ricky off with that jab. Hope he's ok cos he looked devestated there
unorthodox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #37
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of England
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
My own fault mate.I posted it in the general,which is like dropping a chicken in a piranha tank.
I'm weeping with laughter at this nightmare of cringing embarrasment you've created for yerself
duranimal is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #38
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
I'm weeping with laughter at this nightmare of cringing embarrasment you've created for yerself
I'm not feeling it mate.Would you care to elaborate?
And have you had a few shandies? I thought me and you had a new found respect after the laugh we had about the shitebombs.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #39
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of England
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I'm not feeling it mate.Would you care to elaborate?
And have you had a few shandies? I thought me and you had a new found respect after the laugh we had about the shitebombs.
I don't drink mate

Nah, just being a tad cruel, your letter was fair & genuine, but i think this type of corrospondence & open honesty is a disastrous policy here on ESB Sorry mate, i'am weeping with laugfhter as i type You've got me thinking that I may be some sort of cunt
duranimal is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #40
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
I don't drink mate

Nah, just being a tad cruel, your letter was fair & genuine, but i think this type of corrospondence & open honesty is a disastrous policy here on ESB Sorry mate, i'am weeping with laugfhter as i type You've got me thinking that I may be some sort of cunt
It wasn't written with a view to him reading it mate,I just felt in the mood after the interview.I'm sure like me,you spent a few of your formative years learning that showing your emotions(even writes poofy,never mind sounds poofy!) was for poofs who weren't in the right place,but even though I was a very sceptical fan of Hatton,I still felt like a bag of tits after that interview.
You know I enjoy your posts when you put the baseball bat down and type with both hands if you say the thread's not up to scratch,I'll take it on the chin with no silly reply.
You down with that?
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #41
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by teter View Post
Good letter and very well written. A couple things I wanna point out.
Lucian Bute is one of the most well behaved champions and gentleman outside the ring and his fans outside of that racist Vladimir23 IS ALL great fans and not one of them troll.

When Bute got ****ed up it was very obvious they took it hard, but most did not act like faggots. I REMEMBER you taking a sick pleasure to it though.

This is the one thing I don't get about this broad. I get why people hate K2. Because their fans are mostly racist bastards. But guys like Bute and Pavlik got fans that are mostly generally well behaved and are good posters, yet the hate on Bute and Pavlik is borderline extreme.

Bute gets knocked out GOING TO SOMEONE'S HOME TOWN and everyone laughs at him.

HATTON GETS KNOCKED OUT BY A FEATHER FISTED **** IN HIS HOME TOWN and people pity.
That's an interesting and well put point mate.
Last minute of the twelfth for me so you kool if we carry on tomorrow?
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #42
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of England
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
It wasn't written with a view to him reading it mate,I just felt in the mood after the interview.I'm sure like me,you spent a few of your formative years learning that showing your emotions(even writes poofy,never mind sounds poofy!) was for poofs who weren't in the right place,but even though I was a very sceptical fan of Hatton,I still felt like a bag of tits after that interview.
You know I enjoy your posts when you put the baseball bat down and type with both hands if you say the thread's not up to scratch,I'll take it on the chin with no silly reply.
You down with that?
Apologies, sorry yer took it the wrong way, blame ICEMAX for leading me astray
duranimal is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #43
dunn0709
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Dear Ricky,
I'm sorry that I feel compelled to write to you at such a harrowing time for you,but there's a few things I would like to remind you of in the hope of achieving a measure of perspective at this point in your journey.

First,I think it's only fair to remove a proverbial elephant.I have been a fan for many years,but it's only correct that I point out that I was a fan who supported you because I loved the way you conquered the world with what seemed to me,somewhat limited ability in some departments.But you took your strengths and reached heights the vast majority of us will be lucky to dream of,and I genuinely wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the excitement and pleasure your wonderful journey to the pinnacle afforded me.

Another reason you have a special place in my heart is because any mention of you almost always reminds me of a friend who is no longer with us.Back in 2005,we were in an uneviable position having(deservedly at least in my case) of having lost out liberty.We only had access to some of your fights in the run up to Kostya but I managed to catch Tackie and Oliviera and it's still great to think of the days when you actually had a jab!
Anyway,as the big fight was PPV,we were told there was no way we'd see it,but my friend took it upon himself to campaign on everyone's behalf to get it,and although many concessions were conceded,he pulled it off.I fully understand why people would be disgusted at the thought of prisoners being able to access pay-per-view television,but it came out of an account known as the "Common Good Fund" which basically covers the funding of prisoner's basic needs that the state does not provide,and whilst the merits of this may be questionable,I'm sure you appreciate this is not the time or the place.But my point on this occasion is that I fondly link you to the memory of a good friend who dies tragically young.
I suspect as I write that dwelling on the big nights may not be beneficial to you at this point,so despite the fact that I had so much to say about these great and not-so-great(from your perspective) nights can be edited to a far more direct way of saying what I really want to say;
You gave us so much Ricky.You made boxing really matter for a nation again and united fans from every corner of the UK in a way we may never see again.I know it's not us that are missing the adulation and respect,but you have a place in our hearts that mean the fights you want to forget don't matter.We know that you're hurting terribly,but you're hurting for the loss of things you haven't lost.You have the respect of a generation of boxing fans,and it says a lot about how I always felt there were limits to your ability in certain areas,I always cheered for you,even against Kostya,who was a big favourite of mine!
I loved when you had a ringwalk with my alltime #2,Marco Antonio Barrera and even allowing for the fact that I think I had been drugged for a brief period when I inexplicably bet 200 on you to win,despite spending every second outwith that strange ten minutes believing it was too big an ask.But there have only been a very few rare occasions when I wanted Floyd to lose,but because of who you are,you were one of them.
Even though I have seen several very sad moments in boxing over the years,I'm not sure if any of them were more upsetting than tonight.I said to my boy at the end of the seventh,"Ricky will make a tearful announcement that it's not there,even if he somehow wins"
I may have semed prepared for what happened but although I'm not proud to admit it,I cried my way through most of that interview.I am haunted by your protestations that you're "not a failure"
Of course you're not Ricky! And you need to realise that because you're one of the main reasons our wonderful sport is still keeping it's head above water in the UK,and you will be loved,admired and best of all,respected by more than enough people to make you see what you've meant and what you've achieved.
Walk away with your head held high son! You reached the top of the mountain in the toughest game of all,and those fights you can't forget about are the ones that mean the least to your fans.There was so much more I wanted to say here,but at the risk of ridicule I just want to say again;Thank you Ricky.Only you can taint the memories for us,and if you put yourself and your family first,get the help you need and win the biggest fight of your life,you'll always have a special place in our hearts.
And we'll be with you all the way,so cut out all that "failure" nonsense.

Gratefully,
A fan.





Thanks for reading.


You go my man, nice to see some-one with a big heart who appreciates Ricky for what he is and what he has done.


Sadly, he could probably do with a few more like you around him in the coming weeks, as I fear he may find himself at a lower point than even he has ever been.


Ignore the haters mocking you too, it's just a load of macho bullsh*t from insecure men who think it's forbidden to have emotions.

These guys are generally the same fckers who smack their missus's about cos it makes them feel big and clever.

Adios Mr Hatton, thanks for the crack, and please wake the fck up and realise just how truly blessed your life is . You have your health, millions in the bank, a promising career as a boxing promoter, and a beautiful family around you. That's more than most people can dream of. Enjoy retirement fella, and you have no need to be ashamed of any part of your career. All the best for the future.
dunn0709 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #44
Rutzini
Bob n Weave
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: London
Posts: 97
vCash: 557
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by teter View Post
Good letter and very well written. A couple things I wanna point out.
Lucian Bute is one of the most well behaved champions and gentleman outside the ring and his fans outside of that racist Vladimir23 IS ALL great fans and not one of them troll.

When Bute got ****ed up it was very obvious they took it hard, but most did not act like faggots. I REMEMBER you taking a sick pleasure to it though.

This is the one thing I don't get about this broad. I get why people hate K2. Because their fans are mostly racist bastards. But guys like Bute and Pavlik got fans that are mostly generally well behaved and are good posters, yet the hate on Bute and Pavlik is borderline extreme.

Bute gets knocked out GOING TO SOMEONE'S HOME TOWN and everyone laughs at him.

HATTON GETS KNOCKED OUT BY A FEATHER FISTED **** IN HIS HOME TOWN and people pity.
Alright fella, I am struggling with this comment, who laughed at Bute? Froch smacked him up but I dont remember any disrespect? If there was people loving it...its because they are Froch fans!!! derrr. Best night for british boxing in years!
Rutzini is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:35 AM   #45
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 192
Default Re: An open letter to Ricky Hatton

That was so gay.
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013