Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-25-2012, 05:00 AM   #61
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: hatton officially retires (again)

the post-fight presser was revealing. Hatton still hasn't learnt to be modest and is still self-obsessed. Not one mention of congrats to Senchenko or any praise at all, Hatton just waffled on about himself the whole time 'bury me demons, put me ghosts to sleep, the man on me shoulder'. And who is the cheerleader sat next to him?
The point is Hatton will struggle to remain sober while he's so far up his own arse.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #62
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
the post-fight presser was revealing. Hatton still hasn't learnt to be modest and is still self-obsessed. Not one mention of congrats to Senchenko or any praise at all, Hatton just waffled on about himself the whole time 'bury me demons, put me ghosts to sleep, the man on me shoulder'. And who is the cheerleader sat next to him?
The point is Hatton will struggle to remain sober while he's so far up his own arse.
I'm no Hatton fan, but I find it difficult to understand your relentless hate.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #63
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticLeader View Post
I'm no Hatton fan, but I find it difficult to understand your relentless hate.
Chris Eubank has entered my mind for some reason.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #64
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

he said he's done now......its very alien to me how someone like hatton can achieve all they have, get to the very top of the tree in their sport...become very rich..and still not be satisfied with life.

he could realisticly still aim for and possibly win a british title...even at his age he'd be slightly better next time out...maybe gavin will move on and slightly easier opposition would be there to fight, he'd have beaten witter put it that way.
that british title would be a huge high to go out on, although i expect hatton doesnt see anything outside a world belt as being worthwhile.

i dont want to see him box again...but if he is mentally scarred or depressed or whatever by this, then a british title could still fulfill his original aim of going out on a high

i'm just talking of the top of my head here...might not agree with myself in an hour
doug.ie is online now  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #65
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

and not to forget the main..or one of the main reasons..he did this......to promote hatton promotions...he needed a big tv contract and he wants that company in the big time, this was a gamble that could have paid off in a lot of ways.
maybe he has achieved something in that respect as it was an amazing event last night and a top top card of boxing and huge expoursure.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #66
ReE13
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Lmao so now sechenko was a good opponent because Hatton got wrecked by him?

this is the same guy Paulie malignaggi stopped, you know the same malignaggi who went life and death and got a gift decision against Cano?

Hatton just doesn't have it anymore, sechenko isn't and will never beat an elite fighter, Hatton losing to him just tells us he needs to walk away.
ReE13 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #67
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Dwyer is saying that Hatton is still world class and just got caught with a lucky shot that would have stopped anyone

he sayd he's impressed and thought Ricky looked good and should fight on
oli is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #68
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
the Ricktards are laughable. Now that he's lost we are back to the old 'he's got depression' and even funnier now some are saying Senchenko is a world class fighter
oli is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #69
Peter__1987

vCash:

Anyone who's saying Senchnko is world class are in denial about what they saw, he's not world class, he's a good fighter and that's about it.

As for him being depressed, well again it's an excuse, I don't think his mental state had anything to do with him not being able to get up from a bodyshot.

I think we seen Ricky Hatton at about the best he can possibly get nowadays, obviously his age, the time off from training, the drink, the drugs etc have all took a heavy toll on him.

Maybe if he had a few more months to train and sharpen up his timing etc he could possibly come back and beat Senchenko, but what would be the point really? Hardly a glamorous way to end your career beating Senchenko.

I just hope the bloke has finally found peace now and can live on his life without hitting the bottle.

I'm not saying my heart bleeds for him because he's a ****ing millionaire with his whole life ahead of him but I sincerely hope he can go on to a live a happy life, I think he's a good bloke and he's been (mostly) a credit the sport and our country.

That's my take on it anyway.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #70
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

nobody ever said he was an elite fighter (Senchnko).....but a lot of people on forums said he was shite basically.
he is a GOOD boxer...it's foolish to say he is anything else...and a GOOD recent world belt holder is a huge level...a HUGE level for this version of hatton to try his hand against....as we seen.

and by the same token...mallinaggi doesnt get enough respect either...he is a hell of a lot better than people of boxing forums seem to give him credit for....not elite...but a GOOD boxer at world belt level.

sometimes it like some posters on boxing forums think that anything under absolute elite class (like pacman, mayweather, cotto, etc) are just crap, regardless of winning belts etc

Senchnko is a good boxer.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #71
Tdog
Journeyman

alot of hatred on here its disturbing i think bob shannon should hang his head in shame he obviously knew ricky was a shell of his former self yet he told ricky and the fans what they wanted to hear one word GREED!
Tdog is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #72
outthebox
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Could not agree more.

He always has been this way. Talks about himself in the 3rd person, thought he was actually in the Mayweather fight, blamed that loss on Cortez, blamed the Pacman loss on FM Sr over-training him and then he goes and sticks this fight on PPV.

Don't get me wrong, I like Hatton as a fighter, have huge respect for what he achieved and was sad to see him go out like this, but I see through the "man of the people" rubbish.

It's probably in british boxing's best interests that he has moved on and i hope he continues to do a good job with the promoting.
outthebox is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #73
Candyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
I was hoping to see another one of these comebacks

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

not happening
klit bros - training 360 days a year, never out of shape, rarely drink alcohol

hatton - eats pies and twinkies all day every day until 12 weeks before a fight and then wears clingfilm during the heavy bag to shift the weight. magically this is supposed to be enough to win at a world class level
Candyman is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #74
davidjay
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You spend more time regretting the things you wish you'd done than the things you did then wish you hadn't.

In a way last night was the perfect outcome for Ricky. He tried to see if he'd still got it, found out that he hadn't and didn't get badly hurt. He won't have to spend the rest of his life wondering what if...?
davidjay is online now  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #75
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjay View Post
You spend more time regretting the things you wish you'd done than the things you did then wish you hadn't.

In a way last night was the perfect outcome for Ricky. He tried to see if he'd still got it, found out that he hadn't and didn't get badly hurt. He won't have to spend the rest of his life wondering what if...?
Thank you for summing it up perfectly!!

Ricky knows this and hopefully can chill out and enjoy his fruits!
JIM KELLY is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum