Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Ricky Hatton is still a world class fighter!

You clowns who are hating on him need to get a grip. He was winning by about 4 or 5 rounds before getting stopped. That body shot was sweet, and there is no fighter 147lbs and under who would have been able to get up from that shot. Period. Go back and watch Hatton's reaction as the shot connected. It must of hit a sweet spot. My gf worked as a nurse and knows first hand how devastating kidney injuries can be. My guess is that the shot connected on Hattons kidney and totally ****ed him up. I hope there is no internal injury due to that shot. I believe this is why Hatton was stopped. Hatton did the same thing to Jose Luis Collazo, Hopkins did the same to De la Hoya. ****ed him up with a body shot It's bad luck. It happens. Prior to this, he was winning fairly easily. Outworking Sechenko, who could not deal with the pressure.

He started gassing a bit, but that's too be expected since it was his first fight back after 3 years. I belive Hattons's tactics were spot on also. Was watching the fight with my mate, who is an ex amateur boxer. He told me Hatton was gassing and was throwing arm punches. Well here's the thing. Jack Dempsey was known to punch his opponents arms to make them tired. It's an under-used technique in modern boxing and I believe it was working, because sechenkos jab seemed to loose its snap a bit. So even when tired, hatton got his tactics spot on. shows he does have a boxing brain (even though he doesn't always use it).

Should hatton carry on? mentally it will be difficult to come back from yet another ko loss. Physically? He will never beat pacman in a rematch, but his abilities are still there. just needs too shake off the ring rust. However, I do believe he could possibly beat Mayweather IF (and this is a big IF) the referee lets him work on the inside. if he uses the same tactics he did against sechenko, but maybe work his jab more, he would do well, and could possibly stop mayweather late on. but he MUST be allowed to work on the inside. Arm punches against mayweather is anothet tactic that could work. if he punches mayweathers arms and left shoulder, it could possibly render the shoulder roll less and less effective as the fight wears on. But he must do this early. NOT late on. Too many fighters only use arm punches when they themselves are tired. It's a mystery to me.

I do believe mentally it will be difficult for Hatton to come back from this though, so maybe the best thing for him is to retire. IMO Ricky you have done us proud, and not many brits can take 20,000 to vegas and then put up THAT legendary performance against Kosta Tzu. His wins over Tzu and Collazo away from his own backyard make him one of the great modern day british fighters IMO. Still behind calzaghe and Lewis, but he's up there for sure. There's only one ricky hatton. Thank you ricky for those amazing nights.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195
Default Re: Ricky Hatton is still a world class fighter!

Didn't read that treatise you wrote, but Hatton did not look like a world class fighter last night. Maybe he could be again if he took his time, worked himself back into proper shape, and chose proper opponents to work his way back into form gradually over the next year. But he didn't show anything resembling world class last night.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

4-5 decent frames against a former paper chump who's probably not a top 30 h2h WW? (by whose feather fists you then got KTFO on a body shot)

That speaks to being "still world class" to you?
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

You trolls now a days are so ****ing boring!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
coppoben
King

vCash: 500

Hattos shit and always been, dont get me wrong nice bloke but average at best. everyone knows he lost to collazo as well. gift decision
coppoben is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
4-5 decent frames against a former paper chump who's probably not a top 30 WW? (by whose feather fists you then got KTFO on a body shot)

That speaks to being "still world class" to you?
wba champ, only one defeat. 22 KO's does not =feather fist either. Like I said, body shots are difficult to recover from because they are targeted at kidneys. my gf worked as a nurse and knows about kidney injuries. Class fighter mate. Will go on to do big things IMO.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
bazza12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 562

Hatton himself admitted he was swinging "and people in the top row were ducking".

His timing was embarrasingly poor at times. He was a poor imitation of peak Hatton.
bazza12 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
You trolls now a days are so ****ing boring!
if you can't discuss things like a grown up then don't post.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Just because Hatton says he was winning by 4 rounds, doesn't mean its the truth. In reality, he might have been winning by a round but Senchenko was out performing him badly in the late stages and would likely have taken the decision any way. Aside from this poor timing and accuracy, bad defence and conditioning do not make for a world class fighter. Hatton is obviously past it. He'd be wise to walk away before he gets his ass kicked.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppoben View Post
Hattos shit and always been, dont get me wrong nice bloke but average at best. everyone knows he lost to collazo as well. gift decision
he knocked him out with a bodyshot!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
wba champ, only one defeat. 22 KO's does not =feather fist either. Like I said, body shots are difficult to recover from because they are targeted at kidneys. my gf worked as a nurse and knows about kidney injuries. Class fighter mate. Will go on to do big things IMO.
I've actually watched Senchenko prior to his loss to Malignaggi rather than simply checked him out on Boxrec. Have you?

He's Euro level at best.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Kidney shot? Pretty sure it was a Liver shot,and what a shot it was! I've always liked Hatton but world class? Maybe,maybe not.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I've actually watched Senchenko prior to his loss to Malignaggi rather than simply checked him out on Boxrec. Have you?

He's Euro level at best.
Yeah,Senchenko will not be making waves amongst the elite,pretty obvious to be fair.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
Kidney shot? Pretty sure it was a Liver shot,and what a shot it was! I've always liked Hatton but world class? Maybe,maybe not.
Kidney shots are illegal, and would mean Senchenko had landed on Hatton's back.

The orthodox left hook downstairs causes the most knockouts when it lands to the liver, yes. Likely what happened to Rick.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #15
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
he knocked him out with a bodyshot!
No he didn't ....it went the distance mate,you're thinking of a washed up Castillo.
(washed up is prob too strong of a word,he's not looked to bad lately to be fair lol)
lordgore is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum