Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Hatton Post Fight Presser

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M72PPf5XHY[/ame]

Great respect and applause from the press.
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
connolns

Default Re: Hatton Post Fight Presser

true mancunian hero, hope he can find peace in training fighters and promotion
connolns is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
The Spider

vCash:

I agree with Ricky's decision 100%.

But strange as it may sound, I think he should have waited until the cold light of day to make it, or at least to announce it.

Hope he can find some inner peace now and move on with his other career aspirations.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:18 AM   #4
Candyman

yeah good press conference, shame that stupid **** in the suit is a ****ing wet liberal yes man though

what the **** is that ****, he epitomises the feminisation of the white male in britain, ****ing disgraceful
Candyman is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1221

Nice Ricky.Not a single nice word to say about Senchenko.Money can't buy class-which Hatton has never had,It's all about ME.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
kasabian19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I used to be such a massive Hatton fan, but since the Mayweather fight I've lost every bit of respect I had for him. Fair play to him for coming back and giving it one last crack of the whip, but i just hate the way he talks about what's happened over the last few years. Everyone goes through tough times, but his 'me, me, me' attitude, continual excuses for the Pacman fight (still), continual talk of the drugs, depression etc...really annoys me. We all know what the crack is, I wish he'd stop trying to claw some respect back - the more he does it, the more respect people will lose for him!

The way he talks about himself though the words of others also frigs me right off. People have said to me "You were up 5 or 6 rounds...he is an ex world champ who's only lost 1 in 31...it was only 1 body shot...pacman and mayweather were the lb for lb best...it was a bad training camp for the pacman fight...", we ****ing know all this. You saying it (through the supposed words of others) doesn't make it any more credible or mean anything more!
kasabian19 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm scared to play it, he might talk in the third person again!
glue glove is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Hatton needs to fight on

he looked well and in great condition IMO

a loss aint all that bad, get back in there some tune ups , train hard remove ring rust and compete

**** this retirement ****
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

If his head was messed up before this will make it one hundred times worse.

Senchenko was a tough opponent but I honestly don't think they thought it through, it wasn't good matchmaking, it was borderline arrogant to think he could come back after that amount of time and just turn up.

Hatton is a warning sign to anyone surrounded by yes men, what the **** must Bob Shannon have been doing with him in camp, where was his defence? you know the one they had supposedly worked on.

Ricky Hatton must pay people a shed load of cash to advise him on stuff and i suspect not one of them had the *******s to tell him straight. Give it a few weeks and we'll get told how he got smashed in sparring.

Quigg and Munroe could have topped that bill last night and he could have been an 8 round attraction, it would have still done a good crowd.

I don't see how he will ever find peace, the thing he could cling too was that he'd lost to two of the best fighters of our generation, he no longer has that.

That being said I was genuinly gutted for him last night.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
Gero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
Nice Ricky.Not a single nice word to say about Senchenko.Money can't buy class-which Hatton has never had,It's all about ME.
I have to agree with this, Senchenko was very respectful to Hatton after the win gesturing and raising Ricky's hand etc. The crowd were equally disgraceful booing his victory, fair enough your man lost but give the guy his due.
Gero is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #11
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If his head was messed up before this will make it one hundred times worse.

Senchenko was a tough opponent but I honestly don't think they thought it through, it wasn't good matchmaking, it was borderline arrogant to think he could come back after that amount of time and just turn up.

Hatton is a warning sign to anyone surrounded by yes men, what the **** must Bob Shannon have been doing with him in camp, where was his defence? you know the one they had supposedly worked on.

Ricky Hatton must pay people a shed load of cash to advise him on stuff and i suspect not one of them had the *******s to tell him straight. Give it a few weeks and we'll get told how he got smashed in sparring.

Quigg and Munroe could have topped that bill last night and he could have been an 8 round attraction, it would have still done a good crowd.

I don't see how he will ever find peace, the thing he could cling too was that he'd lost to two of the best fighters of our generation, he no longer has that.

That being said I was genuinly gutted for him last night.
You've summed up my feelings perfectly.
FloydWillnever is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gero View Post
I have to agree with this, Senchenko was very respectful to Hatton after the win gesturing and raising Ricky's hand etc. The crowd were equally disgraceful booing his victory, fair enough your man lost but give the guy his due.
I agree with this in part. The crowd WERE disgusting,booing Senchenko who went into the lions den,fought a great fight and was a sportsman after all that.But I cant blame Ricky.His disappointment obviously took over.One of the last things he said was remember the fans.Presumably he meant the decent ones not the idiots.Perhaps his next promotion could be a return between Senchenko and Paulie in Manchester?
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TED 822 View Post
Perhaps his next promotion could be a return between Senchenko and Paulie in Manchester?
I'd buy a ticket to that just to support Ricky staying out the ring...
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylexxx View Post
Hatton needs to fight on

he looked well and in great condition IMO

a loss aint all that bad, get back in there some tune ups , train hard remove ring rust and compete

**** this retirement ****
I agree. If he was looking for peace of mind last night, he won't have got it, all he got was more questions.
He fought a guy who was a world champ 2 fights ago, after 3.5 years of abuse, and was in the judges eyes winning the fight.
So it wasn't like he was hopelessly outclassed on an empty tank.
His timing was off, looked sluggish, but that was expected. I don't think he looked shot.
He was knackered, again expected, so with a couple of fitness building fights he'd have beaten that guy, then be on to fight Malinaggi. That's a fight he can win and even if he lost wouldn't get hurt.
And most important of all, Ricky needs the discipline of preparing for a fight for his depression.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #15
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruthead View Post
I'd buy a ticket to that just to support Ricky staying out the ring...
That was partly my thinking Bruthead.Im sure he can occupy his time within boxing now without actually fighting.In the later rounds I could see what happened,happening.As he said,he hasnt got it now.Senchenko looked to me,the bigger man but Im sure the Ricky of old would have beaten him.Regarding Malinaggi,I think he can be a decent draw here.He seems to like it in GB Im sure hes got a few fans.What with him(possibly)and the others,like Quigg and Murray can see Hatton promotions doing well.Best bill Ive seen for ages,despite Rickys loss.
TED 822 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum