boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #31
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: england
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
David Haye is also only 2 years younger than Ricky Hatton.
another fighter who turned pro 5 yrs after hatton did.

hatton was already 20 some fights in when these guys went pro.

hatton had good longevity i think.

although i do accept he let himself down in between fights.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #32
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of England
Posts: 4,348
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

It would'nt have mattered a jot IMHO as all roads led to this once he stepped up into real world class.

Ingnoring corner instructions/game plan, no plan B & no defence, incapable of adapting

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Uploaded with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
duranimal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #33
Candyman
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
It would'nt have mattered a jot IMHO as all roads led to this once he stepped up into real world class.

Ingnoring corner instructions/game plan, no plan B & no defence, incapable of adapting

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Uploaded with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
its all part of it though

if he had the mental discipline to not risk diabetes between each fight then he would have probably had the discipline to develop his skills in other areas
Candyman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #34
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of England
Posts: 4,348
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
its all part of it though

if he had the mental discipline to not risk diabetes between each fight then he would have probably had the discipline to develop his skills in other areas
Just a clear case of good old fashioned Hubris IMO and i'm not saying this in hindsite, Ricky, TEAM Hatton where like happy pigs who thought that the swill would never run out. No dangers on the horizon, life was good, absolute & total delusion to the reality that there's always another killer just around the corner.

Ricky had been superbly matched by "Allegedly" especially being kept away from Witter who was the most clear & present danger to the golden goose. No, i don't think any amount of discipline would have made one iota of difference. TEAM Hatton where living on another planet. All was good in the garden, that was until Pacquiao gate crashed the party by kicking down the door to this closed shop when he thrashed DLH & then the doubts & panic set in & there was to be no escape from this date with destiny!
duranimal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #35
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Yorkshire
Posts: 1,397
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

There's plenty of room for criticism with Hatton but some ****s on here just spout complete, unadulterated **** gravy about him.

Quitting? The bloke went out on his shield completely against Mayweather rather than fight to last the distance and absorbed some terrific punches from Tszyu, the latter against whom I think Ricky was already slightly over his physical and technical peak. Granted Mayweather and Pac didn't give him much choice.

I think a far more universally revered fighter like Barrera doesn't get enough **** compared to Hatton for folding against Pac first time around as soon as Manny started kicking his **** round after round.

As for the thread question, I think Hatton would have always had discipline problems but, like I said on the other Froch-Hatton thread, could maybe have still gone a bit further with a better trainer and a less cynical promoter in his early days. Only speculation, mind, and he most likely would've found his ceiling sooner or later.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #36
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

The Manny/Hatton KO is one of the sweetest yet most brutal KO's that I have EVER SEEN!
Nipple is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #37
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,788
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1 View Post
another fighter who turned pro 5 yrs after hatton did.

hatton was already 20 some fights in when these guys went pro.

hatton had good longevity i think.

although i do accept he let himself down in between fights.
Look at the state of Ricky Hatton now..? He's a fairly young man, and he's in bad health in my opinion.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #38
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: england
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Look at the state of Ricky Hatton now..? He's a fairly young man, and he's in bad health in my opinion.
1997 to 2009 - 47 fights.

that's good longevity.

froch and haye haven't been pro's for 12 yrs yet.

hence the reason the comparisons are slightly off base.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #39
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post
There's plenty of room for criticism with Hatton but some ****s on here just spout complete, unadulterated **** gravy about him.

Quitting? The bloke went out on his shield completely against Mayweather rather than fight to last the distance and absorbed some terrific punches from Tszyu, the latter against whom I think Ricky was already slightly over his physical and technical peak. Granted Mayweather and Pac didn't give him much choice.

I think a far more universally revered fighter like Barrera doesn't get enough **** compared to Hatton for folding against Pac first time around as soon as Manny started kicking his **** round after round.

As for the thread question, I think Hatton would have always had discipline problems but, like I said on the other Froch-Hatton thread, could maybe have still gone a bit further with a better trainer and a less cynical promoter in his early days. Only speculation, mind, and he most likely would've found his ceiling sooner or later.
I've said this before, go check out how Miguel Cotto reacts to tough situations and compare it to Hatton.

And yet cotto is universally respected as a warrior, while Ricky is a bum and a joke
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #40
porkypara
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 569
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafflad26 View Post
If Ricky Hatton had Froch's lifestyle and dedication just think of how good Hatton could of been. Froch is older than Hatton and is now at his peak whereas Hatton's peak was about 5 years ago before he fought Mayweather. I know Ricky started his career very very young but just think of what could of been if he didn't balloon up in weight between fights and led a lifestyle like Froch.
Very good point!!!
porkypara is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #41
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,995
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

Lifestyle aside, Hatton was destined to burn out quickly anyway. He has a young man's style.

Hatton peaked in his early-mid 20's, and he was basically finished after Floyd stopped him.

He wasn't in his prime when Manny destroyed him. Not that it would have mattered. Manny stops ANY version of Hatton, just saying.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #42
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,571
vCash: 1500
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

wicky thought the world owed him a living froch does not
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #43
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,941
vCash: 527
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

...

Last edited by tezel8764; 11-30-2012 at 08:29 PM.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #44
Chuckle Vision
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

Which fight was Hatton at his peak then?

Ben Tackie, he should have been thrown into the deep end right after that
Chuckle Vision is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #45
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,329
vCash: 75
Default Re: If only Ricky Hatton had been like Carl Froch!

Hatton was past his best by the time he fought Tszyu.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015