Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Red face Thoughts about Richard Hatton's current state

When 'Ricky Hatton' decided to come back into boxing, it came as a surprise to most boxing fans. As a British fighter who has made and generated more money than any other. A 4-time champion (belts) in two weight divisions, he was once unstoppable. But like all great boxer's, there come's a time in your life when you know your body can't hack it, your body is always ailing and it can't go on (unless you take steroids of course). When he left boxing, he became a broken man, just goes to show all that money, fame and lifestyle doesn't buy you happiness. He went into depression, which I wouldn't wish on anyone, addicted to 'coke' alcohol and whatever else makes him forget his misery. The media (devils Disciples) really turned the screw, which prompted him to suicide. For him to come back and take this fight was courageous after all he picked a tough and durable opponent and ex WBA champion who's boxing record is good. Watching his interviews leading up to the fight and why he has come back I saw a different 'Ricky' I saw someone vulnerable, someone who's in such a dark place in his life that I may have been there once, that's why I relate. When an old person retires after years of service they plan there retirement, how to make the best out of there life, taking up hobbies etc. Ricky didn't have no plan, the only thing he knew was how to box, how to train and how to fight. They say a fighter is never the same after the first defeat. Did Ricky Hatton get the appropriate help after losing to Mayweather? Did he go to any psychologist to build him back up? Does he see one now? He decided to fight again because he said he has a lot of demon's he needs to get rid of so by training for this fight he put his depression on hold, his drugs and his suicide? So now he's made things ten times worse. All he wanted was his hand held high and to hear that sweet melody that all champions need to here..... But it never went to plan and now he's back in that dark place. I am worried about his mental state and his health but what's shameful are the people around him, his family, his friends who can't seem to reach him. No shame in losing 'Ricky Hatton' but the fight you need to win is the one you face everyday.

Last edited by Prince.; 11-24-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Prince. is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Thoughts about Richard Hatton

I'm seriously worried about Ricky.That interview is one of the saddest things I've seen in boxing.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I'm seriously worried about Ricky.That interview is one of the saddest things I've seen in boxing.
My sentiments entirely,and i don't really like Ricky.
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
jeromejones
Contender
ESB Senior Member

They need to have ricky on suicide watch
jeromejones is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shakes View Post
My sentiments entirely,and i don't really like Ricky.
I know it's hardly rocket science mate,but I said to my boy early doors that Ricky will make a tearful statement at the end.Then when he never got up later on,I said that I won't be surprised if Ricky isn't here in a few years.
That was horrible to watch that interview.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
Masamune
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I know it's hardly rocket science mate,but I said to my boy early doors that Ricky will make a tearful statement at the end.Then when he never got up later on,I said that I won't be surprised if Ricky isn't here in a few years.
That was horrible to watch that interview.
Ricky always reminds me of that smokey robinson song tears of a clown - even in his heyday pre mayweather he came across as desperate to be loved to be seen as still " just one of the lads " downing a dozen pints down the same pubs he'd always drank in - the self deprecating humour of the different ricky fatton T shirt for every fight just always seemed a bit too needy -

now I fear he's in a very dark place and as an ex drug user myself ( habit for 15 years now clean for 5 ) I know all too well the learned pattern of behaviour that the drugs will offer a temporary sanctuary from all the pain inside him ,

That interview really disturbed me cos it was look a window into rickys soul - he's in a bad place and I pray that he's got the right people around who can reach him .
Masamune is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
Ricky always reminds me of that smokey robinson song tears of a clown - even in his heyday pre mayweather he came across as desperate to be loved to be seen as still " just one of the lads " downing a dozen pints down the same pubs he'd always drank in - the self deprecating humour of the different ricky fatton T shirt for every fight just always seemed a bit too needy -

now I fear he's in a very dark place and as an ex drug user myself ( habit for 15 years now clean for 5 ) I know all too well the learned pattern of behaviour that the drugs will offer a temporary sanctuary from all the pain inside him ,

That interview really disturbed me cos it was look a window into rickys soul - he's in a bad place and I pray that he's got the right people around who can reach him .
You're right mate.I've seen many sad things and I know some will argue that this hardly constitutes anything tragic,I was upset and I'm not really one for being poofy that way.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

I've never felt so gutted for a boxer on a personal level, I hope he can become the star of British promotion as if he chose an active former champion for his comeback imagine the fights he would organize for his fighters/
Elliot is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 1083

I've followed this guy from the moment I seen his first fight on SHOBox & have been hooked ever since. Nothing like a Hatton fight "Feel".

I feel bad for his ego, But his career was that of a Worldclass warrior.
Sucks he had to lose his 37-0 record in the UK, But props for taking the challenge.

THX Ricky.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

True
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Default Re: Thoughts about Richard Hatton's current state

That interview was hard to watch. The guy has been suffering depression, thought he could come back and win to beat his demons and is possibly in a lower and darker place than ever before.

I'm not the biggest Hatton fan around, but its not nice to see a person with those issues in that condition. That 'I'm not a failure, I'm not a failure' bit was horrible.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm a long-time hater but during that interview I realized he's going to kill himself. I have an Amy Winehouse degree of certainty regarding this. Sad.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
Mark55
Journeyman

Very sad indeed, I think right now Ricky needs all the help he can get, he has never been as vunerable as he is right now, sadly Ricky thinks losing means he is letting all his family, friends and fans down and as we all know that is not the case, he needs everyone to rally around him and help him overcome the depression that has now descended on him.

I hope for Ricky's sake he can come through it unscathed.
Mark55 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

Holy shit i didn't see it, but from what i'm reading it sounds really bad.
Was it that ****ed up?
klimting is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #15
bigliamblack
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

That interview was one of the hardest things I've watched in boxing. He should be nowhere a ring. There is nothing as important as a person's mental wellbeing, it controls everything in a person's life, family, job, self esteem and often the most basic ability to function on a day to day basis. I wish Ricky and his family the best and hope that he comes through this as it's the most important fight he'll ever face
bigliamblack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum