Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #31
FinalBELL
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robert Guerro = New Victor Ortiz

First off, Guerrero and Berto fought an exciting 12 rounds. They did not box, they literally fought, and I am glad the ref let them do so. They both brought some rough dirty tactics, but nothing that merited a DQ. The ref realized they were both holding excessively and let them continue on even ground.

Secondly, Guerrero is a completely different animal than Ortiz. Ortiz is much more athletic, and a much stronger puncher. Ortiz, much like Berto, banks on his punching power and speed to win fights. Guerrero is a fighter who takes his time to mentally and physically wear you out. Guerrero posseses both the stamina and chin to succesfully fight with this style.
Ortiz never has and probably never will be this type of fighter. Guerrero took some vicious shots from Berto, and although he was buzzed a couple of times, Guerrero was never even close to tasting the canvas.

Lastly, I believe there are better fights than Guerrero that Floyd can take at this point in his career. But I would not be surprised one bit if Guerrero is Floyds next opponent. Guerrero is a Golden Boy fighter, and that is all Floyd has fought as of late. Also, Guerrero while not being a Mexican from Mexico, is still a Mexican American. Cinco de Mayo, with a Mexican American coming off two great wins vs Floyd is enough to make a succesful PPV. While many people may not see this as a great matchup, I actually believe it could be interesting. Guerrero imposed his size and strength on the supposed much stronger Berto, and really showed a some true toughness. Pretty Boy could really find himself in a war with a tougher than expected and durable Guerrero.
FinalBELL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #32
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Guerrero with help from an inept referee was able to beat Andre ****ing Berto, so let's put him in with Floyd because he's feeling himself after beating Andre ****ing Berto. Mike Jones needs a comeback fight, put him in with Jones and a competent official and let's see how he fares. Guerrero is decent, nothing special, especially since he beat Andre ****ing Berto!!
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #33
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Guerrero proved his chin is granite if your sayin his chin is overrated then your just a hater
People shouldn't even respond to this depressed ****
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #34
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp550i View Post
Let's put a few things into perspective....

- people were saying the same thing about Ortiz "heart" after beating berto 2 years back. The truth is that both RG & VO are front runners. When they are the under dog vs someone as inept (on the inside) as berto is its easy to look like you have "heart". In reality Berto just has no inside fighting skills or true power when on the inside so he never got to put any leverage into those shots

- Robert Guerro's Chin..... is being INSANELY over rated here.... in reality there was a couple of shots that dazed him but bbeing the lying sack of **** he is he wouldn't admit that after the fight. Either way berto couldn't get any real leverage on his shots on the inside and even if he did RG would just lean into berto to mentally make berto think he wasn't doing ****....

- RG DOES NOT DESERVE A FLOYD SHOT .... FLOYD & PACQUIAO need to get the **** out of boxing.... beating berto and selchuk aydin does not grant your the right to fight floyd mayweather. Let RG fight kahn, bradley, alexander.... I'm tired of fighters begging for a pay check off floyd and pacquiao

- RG is one dirty ****. I personally thought last nights match was ugly... he would just clinch berto walk him back into the ropes hold him with one arm and hit him with the other. Not that I'm trying to take away from RG because you get away with what you can in this sport but he's not skilled because of it. Berto is just a clown

RG and VO have a lot in common..... i would love to see them face off in a death match where the winner gets to face kermit cintron
How much did you bet on Berto?
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #35
The Mangler
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Robert got heart. Ortiz don't. I doubt Robert would quit against Maidana or Lopez. Can't see him tryin to make out with May in the middle of a fight either.

Guerrero>Ortiz
The Mangler is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #36
blacktopbully
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

are you kidding!!! did you see bertos face?!?!

ghost would **** ortiz up!
blacktopbully is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #37
lefthook89
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo5 View Post
Some floydettes seem butthurt that guerrero has done well since moving up from the lighter weight divisions.
so people that don't jump aboard the robert guerrero hype train are floyd fans?? such narrow-minded, ass backwards logic that you can only find on ESB. sorry buddy, believe it or not but it is possible for mexicans and non-floyd fans to dislike him
lefthook89 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #38
Shane_Erich
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2140

I'm not as high on The Ghost as some people on here, but he has a better chin and alot more heart than Ortiz. That being said, i do not want to see a PBF-Ghost fight.
Shane_Erich is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum