Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
mellamomarcos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMV-nnLFX7Y[/ame]

If Ortiz can go and beat Berto and almost get knocked out, and go on to fight Mayweather, I feel that Guerrero stands a good chance. Though I honestly think from what I hear that both Mayweather and Canelo will fight each other on May 5th. Canelo/Mayweather reminds me of Whitaker/De La Hoya, pretty much the same circumstances.
mellamomarcos is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Ortiz is a more complete fighter overall. He's got a thing called movement and speed. Guerrero is kind of stale, slow.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Honestly, since Mayweather will never fight Pac or Martinez, Guerrero is the second best option for him aside from Canelo right now
locard is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Get that MANEY Ghost.
prelude is online now  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
Ortiz is a more complete fighter overall. He's got a thing called movement and speed. Guerrero is kind of stale, slow.
I agree.

I'd like to see him fight Maidana. Then I can bump that breakdown thread that never went anywhere...
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I agree.

I'd like to see him fight Maidana. Then I can bump that breakdown thread that never went anywhere...
That'd be a good fight, very interesting (with Garcia training Maidana now). I would be down for a Guerrero vs. Rios fight at 140 as well.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict

Gotta give him credit hes making noise in the right way, hes demanding the shit outta this fight and he'll probably get it
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Quote:
Yes but Ortiz is mental midget and Guerrero is actually mentally tough and knows exactly what he wants he executed game plan perfectly and baet Berto.
Guerrero is much better fighter than Ortiz, not more talented but you need to have brain and Ortiz doesnt have it.
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
Yes but Ortiz is mental midget and Guerrero is actually mentally tough and knows exactly what he wants he executed game plan perfectly and baet Berto.
Guerrero is much better fighter than Ortiz, not more talented but you need to have brain and Ortiz doesnt have it.

Just as Ortiz was the best WW fight other than Pac when Floyd fought him, Guerrero is the best WW fight other than Pac and Bradley. However, if it does happen, Mayweather will take a ton of shit for fighting, once again, one of the 3 or 4 best fights possible for him.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post

Just as Ortiz was the best WW fight other than Pac when Floyd fought him, Guerrero is the best WW fight other than Pac and Bradley. However, if it does happen, Mayweather will take a ton of shit for fighting, once again, one of the 3 or 4 best fights possible for him.
Floyd will take shit for fighting anyone not named Pacquiao or Martinez.
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

At best he's 3rd option. I don't think Floyd is eager to fight this guy at all when Mayweather will give himself all the time he wants to let fighters emerge and then pick the best candidate (outside of Top Rank). Ortiz was once touted as the next big thing. Guerrero so far has spent his career under the radar. At this point Canelo and Cotto (rematch) has got to be Floyd's two best options. If RG somehow gets the big fight next Spring, good on him. It just goes to show you Pac and Floyd are not fighting each other and are sticking around just to donate a bunch of money to lesser fighters to serve as cannon fodder. Judges and/or refs troll when they get bored of this.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #12
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

Guerrero is more mentally hooked up than Ortiz...
miniq is online now  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
And still, potential wise, I'd rather see Ortiz back in the ring against Mayweather instead of Guerrero.

In terms of who's got the better chances at winning a fight against Floyd, Ortiz and it's not even close.

Guerrero is a one dimensional fighter that will look imposing against fighters who let him like Berto. Floyd will jab the hell out of Guerrero and you'll see the Ghost resetting his offense everytime he gets tagged. He won't be able to reach Mayweather.

LET'S SAY he does get inside, Mayweather will land 2-3 punches and then hop back. I mean, he is gonna get picked apart so easily.

Ortiz might be a mental midget but he brings more possibilities to the the table than Guerrero does. He is more of a wild card due to his variables as a fighter.

He won't be able to execute no game plan against Floyd man. I dislike Floyd but reality is undeniable. And I strongly disagree with Guerrero being a better fighter than Ortiz. If the two were to fight Ortiz would win.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 103865

4th best option for me. Tim is 3rd but who wants to watch that fight? Would be boring. At least Rob will bring it.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #15
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 103865

Quote:
And still, potential wise, I'd rather see Ortiz back in the ring against Mayweather instead of Guerrero.

In terms of who's got the better chances at winning a fight against Floyd, Ortiz and it's not even close.

Guerrero is a one dimensional fighter that will look imposing against fighters who let him like Berto. Floyd will jab the hell out of Guerrero and you'll see the Ghost resetting his offense everytime he gets tagged. He won't be able to reach Mayweather.

LET'S SAY he does get inside, Mayweather will land 2-3 punches and then hop back. I mean, he is gonna get picked apart so easily.

Ortiz might be a mental midget but he brings more possibilities to the the table than Guerrero does. He is more of a wild card due to his variables as a fighter.

He won't be able to execute no game plan against Floyd man. I dislike Floyd but reality is undeniable. And I strongly disagree with Guerrero being a better fighter than Ortiz. If the two were to fight Ortiz would win.
Ortiz is much more one dimensional than Robert. Victor throws the same combos. Robert can fight in all ranges. He just doesn't have the key ingredient needed to beat Floyd and that is one punch ko power. If you are force to box Floyd then you lose.
tliang1000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum