Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
mellamomarcos
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ca
Posts: 519
vCash: 500
Default Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMV-nnLFX7Y[/ame]

If Ortiz can go and beat Berto and almost get knocked out, and go on to fight Mayweather, I feel that Guerrero stands a good chance. Though I honestly think from what I hear that both Mayweather and Canelo will fight each other on May 5th. Canelo/Mayweather reminds me of Whitaker/De La Hoya, pretty much the same circumstances.
mellamomarcos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 75
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Ortiz is a more complete fighter overall. He's got a thing called movement and speed. Guerrero is kind of stale, slow.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,469
vCash: 495
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Honestly, since Mayweather will never fight Pac or Martinez, Guerrero is the second best option for him aside from Canelo right now
locard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,994
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Get that MANEY Ghost.
prelude is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
Ortiz is a more complete fighter overall. He's got a thing called movement and speed. Guerrero is kind of stale, slow.
I agree.

I'd like to see him fight Maidana. Then I can bump that breakdown thread that never went anywhere...
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 75
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I agree.

I'd like to see him fight Maidana. Then I can bump that breakdown thread that never went anywhere...
That'd be a good fight, very interesting (with Garcia training Maidana now). I would be down for a Guerrero vs. Rios fight at 140 as well.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,525
vCash: 75
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Gotta give him credit hes making noise in the right way, hes demanding the shit outta this fight and he'll probably get it
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montenegro
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 461
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
Ortiz is a more complete fighter overall. He's got a thing called movement and speed. Guerrero is kind of stale, slow.
Yes but Ortiz is mental midget and Guerrero is actually mentally tough and knows exactly what he wants he executed game plan perfectly and baet Berto.
Guerrero is much better fighter than Ortiz, not more talented but you need to have brain and Ortiz doesnt have it.
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 15,400
vCash: 0
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
Yes but Ortiz is mental midget and Guerrero is actually mentally tough and knows exactly what he wants he executed game plan perfectly and baet Berto.
Guerrero is much better fighter than Ortiz, not more talented but you need to have brain and Ortiz doesnt have it.
X 2

Just as Ortiz was the best WW fight other than Pac when Floyd fought him, Guerrero is the best WW fight other than Pac and Bradley. However, if it does happen, Mayweather will take a ton of shit for fighting, once again, one of the 3 or 4 best fights possible for him.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montenegro
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 461
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
X 2

Just as Ortiz was the best WW fight other than Pac when Floyd fought him, Guerrero is the best WW fight other than Pac and Bradley. However, if it does happen, Mayweather will take a ton of shit for fighting, once again, one of the 3 or 4 best fights possible for him.
Floyd will take shit for fighting anyone not named Pacquiao or Martinez.
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

At best he's 3rd option. I don't think Floyd is eager to fight this guy at all when Mayweather will give himself all the time he wants to let fighters emerge and then pick the best candidate (outside of Top Rank). Ortiz was once touted as the next big thing. Guerrero so far has spent his career under the radar. At this point Canelo and Cotto (rematch) has got to be Floyd's two best options. If RG somehow gets the big fight next Spring, good on him. It just goes to show you Pac and Floyd are not fighting each other and are sticking around just to donate a bunch of money to lesser fighters to serve as cannon fodder. Judges and/or refs troll when they get bored of this.
gyll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #12
miniq
神風
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Posts: 7,767
vCash: 75
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Guerrero is more mentally hooked up than Ortiz...
miniq is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 75
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
Yes but Ortiz is mental midget and Guerrero is actually mentally tough and knows exactly what he wants he executed game plan perfectly and baet Berto.
Guerrero is much better fighter than Ortiz, not more talented but you need to have brain and Ortiz doesnt have it.
And still, potential wise, I'd rather see Ortiz back in the ring against Mayweather instead of Guerrero.

In terms of who's got the better chances at winning a fight against Floyd, Ortiz and it's not even close.

Guerrero is a one dimensional fighter that will look imposing against fighters who let him like Berto. Floyd will jab the hell out of Guerrero and you'll see the Ghost resetting his offense everytime he gets tagged. He won't be able to reach Mayweather.

LET'S SAY he does get inside, Mayweather will land 2-3 punches and then hop back. I mean, he is gonna get picked apart so easily.

Ortiz might be a mental midget but he brings more possibilities to the the table than Guerrero does. He is more of a wild card due to his variables as a fighter.

He won't be able to execute no game plan against Floyd man. I dislike Floyd but reality is undeniable. And I strongly disagree with Guerrero being a better fighter than Ortiz. If the two were to fight Ortiz would win.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,962
vCash: 103865
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

4th best option for me. Tim is 3rd but who wants to watch that fight? Would be boring. At least Rob will bring it.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #15
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,962
vCash: 103865
Default Re: Guerrero "I see myself fighting mayweather next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
And still, potential wise, I'd rather see Ortiz back in the ring against Mayweather instead of Guerrero.

In terms of who's got the better chances at winning a fight against Floyd, Ortiz and it's not even close.

Guerrero is a one dimensional fighter that will look imposing against fighters who let him like Berto. Floyd will jab the hell out of Guerrero and you'll see the Ghost resetting his offense everytime he gets tagged. He won't be able to reach Mayweather.

LET'S SAY he does get inside, Mayweather will land 2-3 punches and then hop back. I mean, he is gonna get picked apart so easily.

Ortiz might be a mental midget but he brings more possibilities to the the table than Guerrero does. He is more of a wild card due to his variables as a fighter.

He won't be able to execute no game plan against Floyd man. I dislike Floyd but reality is undeniable. And I strongly disagree with Guerrero being a better fighter than Ortiz. If the two were to fight Ortiz would win.
Ortiz is much more one dimensional than Robert. Victor throws the same combos. Robert can fight in all ranges. He just doesn't have the key ingredient needed to beat Floyd and that is one punch ko power. If you are force to box Floyd then you lose.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013