Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Thumbs up [VIDEO DOC] Ricky Hatton: Road To Redemption

BORKED

Great watch, specially with his fight coming up tomorrow! Hope you guys enjoy it like I did.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
MannySteward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 806
Default Re: [VIDEO DOC] Ricky Hatton: Road To Redemption

I enjoyed this as well.

But a return to boxing wont get rid of those demons. I don't see how. He had a great career and achieved a lot.

How will boxing fix the problem? He needs to solve any problems he has internally otherwise it will be the same thing again when he eventually loses.

He looks slower and weaker now.

I wish him well and hope he stays healthy.
MannySteward is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannySteward View Post
I enjoyed this as well.

But a return to boxing wont get rid of those demons. I don't see how. He had a great career and achieved a lot.

How will boxing fix the problem? He needs to solve any problems he has internally otherwise it will be the same thing again when he eventually loses.

He looks slower and weaker now.

I wish him well and hope he stays healthy.
I believe boxing brings stability into his life. The fact that he knows he has something going for him will probably motivate him to keep up a better kind of lifestyle.

After the devastating Pacquiao fight, he got depressed and that magnified all of his demons.

I believe his place of solitude, his true rehab is inside that boxing ring.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
FIN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Why does he keep going on about over training,he never would have beaten Pacman,Ricky is easy to hit,if your easy to hit against the pacman your getting knocked out..
FIN is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322

thank you. ricks wife is beautiful
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Can't believe how slow and clueless he looked in there against Pacquiao. I don't like to make excuses for fighters, but he really didn't look himself in there. He wouldn't have won anyway or even got close probably, but he definitely had a better performance in him than that. Got knocked down by a lightweight in sparring 12 days before it? You do have to wonder.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Change of style for Ricky on the night.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Thanks for posting, I'm sure this will get me excited for his return, also want to see how he looks before I place my vbet.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
Can't believe how slow and clueless he looked in there against Pacquiao. I don't like to make excuses for fighters, but he really didn't look himself in there. He wouldn't have won anyway or even got close probably, but he definitely had a better performance in him than that. Got knocked down by a lightweight in sparring 12 days before it? You do have to wonder.
The Hatton that fought Kostya would give Pac fits, was nothing like that Hatton in there, he had no business back down at 140 anymore, his lifestyle had well and truly caught up with him.

An all year clean living Hatton would have been something else.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
Gazza
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Just got around to watching this great watch, still love Ricky despite the losses. Stupid decision to comeback but he had to do it for himself
Gazza is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
Just got around to watching this great watch, still love Ricky despite the losses. Stupid decision to comeback but he had to do it for himself
Think about it this way.

If he hadn't come back he probably wouldn't have been motivated to lose all that weight (round 70 pounds).

He probably would have found no reason to live a better kind of lifestyle (without drug abuse).

He would still be haunted by the thoughts of his current state and what people remember him by (Pacquiao KO, fat, using drugs ... just a washed up joke - according to his own words).

I still think he looked pretty in there considering all the obstacles he got thru just to make this fight happen. AND he returned against a live active opponent in the division. I am positive he would have knocked out or won against a tune up kind of fighter guaranteed. He should have taken it one step at a time, 2 tune up fights then fight someone like Sechenko (think he would beat him after 2 tuneups, easily). After that go for a big dog.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
Gazza
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
Think about it this way.

If he hadn't come back he probably wouldn't have been motivated to lose all that weight (round 70 pounds).

He probably would have found no reason to live a better kind of lifestyle (without drug abuse).

He would still be haunted by the thoughts of his current state and what people remember him by (Pacquiao KO, fat, using drugs ... just a washed up joke - according to his own words).

I still think he looked pretty in there considering all the obstacles he got thru just to make this fight happen. AND he returned against a live active opponent in the division. I am positive he would have knocked out or won against a tune up kind of fighter guaranteed. He should have taken it one step at a time, 2 tune up fights then fight someone like Sechenko (think he would beat him after 2 tuneups, easily). After that go for a big dog.
Agree like he says hes already won in a way because the old Rickys back and thats what he wanted, only people who have been in his position and been through depression can truly understand what he's been through, and agree with the tune up fights maybe was rushed a bit but hopefully thats it now and he does retire and stay retired and not try another come back.
Gazza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum