Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 AM   #1
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Default MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Florez; 11-26-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Florez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

I think he's going to impress.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 75
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Question: Did Showtime air episode 2 of All Access: Cotto vs. Trout??
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 920
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Diaz really does have that right hand working well, it seems. Would love to see Cotto bringing opponents on to that right hand lead more, then whip that left hook in. Should work well against Trout.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 75
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Ughhh, what is up with the slow motion on the video though? Annoying. You can't tell much from it.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 75
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Well already finished the slideshow and the only thing I can tell is that he looks strong and in good shape physically. The slow motion doesn't let you appreciate his speed, movement and form too well.

The second video is way better in terms of showcasing Cotto.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 75
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
Diaz really does have that right hand working well, it seems. Would love to see Cotto bringing opponents on to that right hand lead more, then whip that left hook in. Should work well against Trout.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Cotto looks damn good. Like the movement and pop in his punches. Looks very solid.

Wish Pacquiao would go up to 154 after the Marquez fight and challenge Cotto for his belt. I truly believe Cotto wins a decision this time around.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 920
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
Cotto looks damn good. Like the movement and pop in his punches. Looks very solid.

Wish Pacquiao would go up to 154 after the Marquez fight and challenge Cotto for his belt. I truly believe Cotto wins a decision this time around.
Aye, looks solid for the weight now. Really have been enjoying his performances since Diaz took charge, particularly his movement, looks effortless at times.

Have to see how Pacquiao gets on next time out. Got a feeling we won't be seeing him in many more bouts, unfortunately. I expect a Pacquiao win against Marquez though.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
Aye, looks solid for the weight now. Really have been enjoying his performances since Diaz took charge, particularly his movement, looks effortless at times.

Have to see how Pacquiao gets on next time out. Got a feeling we won't be seeing him in many more bouts, unfortunately. I expect a Pacquiao win against Marquez though.
Trout then Canelo is 2013!!!

War Cotto.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 75
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
Aye, looks solid for the weight now. Really have been enjoying his performances since Diaz took charge, particularly his movement, looks effortless at times.

Have to see how Pacquiao gets on next time out. Got a feeling we won't be seeing him in many more bouts, unfortunately. I expect a Pacquiao win against Marquez though.
I know, right? How would have Cotto turned out if he started out his career with Diaz? And still look at everything that Cotto has accomplished. Diaz is the best thing that could have happened to Cotto's career. He brings intelligence to the camp.

Same man. I think it might be one more fight. He seems to be interested now in other things more than he's interested in boxing, which is understandable after all he's achieved.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 75
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Trout then Canelo is 2013!!!

War Cotto.
Would absolutely love to see this. May 2013. That would be a MEGA MEGA fight.

Would bring the best out of both and they won't go down without a fight when things start going the other fighters way. Can't think of a more intriguing and exciting fight at the moment. Want to see Cotto smash that rib cage and put the pressure on Canelin.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 920
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Trout then Canelo is 2013!!!

War Cotto.
Cotto beats Canelo IMO. Canelo hasn't been in with anyone close to that level.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




WaR CoTTO!!
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #13
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 920
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
I know, right? How would have Cotto turned out if he started out his career with Diaz? And still look at everything that Cotto has accomplished. Diaz is the best thing that could have happened to Cotto's career. He brings intelligence to the camp.

Same man. I think it might be one more fight. He seems to be interested now in other things more than he's interested in boxing, which is understandable after all he's achieved.
Diaz's training methods are really great. Any successful amateur looking on being a success in the pro's, or at least to be given the best shot to reach their potential...I'd suggest go with Diaz. Seems to have found a really good mix between the two.

Has the potential to go on to be a very, very good trainer.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Infinite
Posts: 1,464
vCash: 500
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Cotto looked really good. Looking forward to seeing him in action with Diaz in his corner again this weekend.
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #15
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIGUEL COTTO Days Before His Fight Against AUSTIN TROUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
Cotto beats Canelo IMO. Canelo hasn't been in with anyone close to that level.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




WaR CoTTO!!
I agree, and hope its right. Cotto should win as long as he uses that jab and doesn't try to prove anything against the younger, stronger fighter.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013