Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251
Default My thoughts on the Hatton fight

Ricky did not look bad imo,his timing was off and he was rusty but considering what he had been through the last 3 years he looked damn good.He lost to a man who was world champion this year.If Hatton wishes to retire again i can respect that but i think in all honesty he should take some fights against lower lever fighters to get his timing back and he would be fine.He showed improved head movement and is still quick on his feet.
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
CamelCase
Teak Tough
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 465
Default Re: My thoughts on the Hatton fight

Interesting point of view, half agree but I'll have to watch the broadcast as I only saw it live.
Ricky would be best off staying retired, he was getting hit too much for my liking and thats not good for him at this stage of his career.
CamelCase is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1221

He clearly displayed ring rust and led with his chin all night long.He missed his left hook often and was being beaten up from the 6th round on.Stay retired and stay out of the pubs and dealers dens.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
Ricky did not look bad imo,his timing was off and he was rusty but considering what he had been through the last 3 years he looked damn good.He lost to a man who was world champion this year.If Hatton wishes to retire again i can respect that but i think in all honesty he should take some fights against lower lever fighters to get his timing back and he would be fine.He showed improved head movement and is still quick on his feet.
You actually had a thought Im impressed, you didnt hurt yourself did you
banny is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

My thoughts..

If you can retire for 3 years, binge on drugs, booze and women, then come back and win 8 rounds against a current top 20 opponent...who was a World Champion this year...

...then you:

1. Still have the ability to compete at the top level...maybe not beat phenom like Mayweather, but certainly compete with everyone else.

2. Should take some tune up fights. Everyone expects it, its the right thing to do.

3. Fire everyone on your team who says otherwise.
Slacker is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
whyteyes
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Wickys done I fink. Les jus faysh it....
whyteyes is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Box84
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I personally think he should have two weeks off and then get back in the gym to prepare to beat Witter. But if he wants to retire that's fine.
Box84 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He looked awful. Speed had gone,as had power, footwork, punch resistence went long ago, barely threw a bodyshot all night. The definition of shot.No way should he fight again.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Considering the lay off and what he's been through, yeah he looked pretty good, but with that said he still looked like a shell of his former self. And he had virtually no head movement at all. I was very disappointed in that. If he wants to fight bums on the domestic level I'm fine with that, if he shows improvement and starts looking like his old self then challenge a quality fighter, but if that's not the case then he needs to retire for good. I love Hatton but he cannot complete with the elite anymore. Too much time off, he abused his body for too much and he's too small at WW. With his style he was bound to fade quickly. He has nothing to be ashamed of inside the ring. I wish him the best.

There's only one...
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

Quote:

I completely agree he did not look bad
bronx is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #11
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 11570

i think him losing all that weight wasnt good for him. that was a perfect liver shot but the weight loss doesnt help. really shoulda took a tune up fight.
cippi is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 104601

I do not think he should quit just yet. Him staying in boxing is actually healthier for him than him retired. He showed ring rust also lost of speed and where the hell is his famous clinch hit fouling style???!?!?!?!?
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
markclow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He should never have come back. He isn't suited to the weight. His defense was almost non-existent. It ain't gonna get any easier at top level.
markclow is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #14
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 104601

He didn't look bad but he is half as good as he was. He was slow hands and feet, still no defense, and he is reaching 3x more than he is used too. Maybe couple of tune ups he can get it back at least 80%
tliang1000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum