Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
uktyson
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default price and fury vs frank bruno.

been thinking about this.do u think these two are better than bruno? i dont and i think it will be shown as they step up.
uktyson is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922
Default Re: price and fury vs frank bruno.

Chinny fighters never fared too well against Bruno, I reckon Frank could have beaten both these guys on the same bill. Their jaws would be shattered into a million pieces...
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
Taylex
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Easily Bruno and not even competitive. Bruno has a record that is based on solid world class fighters and these two have mainly fought domestic level opp or random cans.
Taylex is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
uktyson
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
Chinny fighters never fared too well against Bruno, I reckon Frank could have beaten both these guys on the same bill. Their jaws would be shattered into a million pieces...
thats what i was thinking.the division is very weak now so i dont see them being in the same sort of fights as bruno was in at there stage.
uktyson is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
ArseBandit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2688

Bruno beats them both. He was an absolute beast.

Haye beats them both atm with ease.

Haye vs Bruno would be more interesting, I reckon Bruno takes this aswell.
ArseBandit is online now  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
zfc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2235

I am one of those who think that Bruno would have given Wladimir fits.

Bruno v Haye would be interesting but I reckon Hayes speed and pop would give him the edge.
zfc is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
PenyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfc View Post

Bruno v Haye would be interesting but I reckon Hayes speed and pop would give him the edge.

Bruno would have had one hell of a fight with Wlad, and IMO would have won, early, Wlad would have tried to prove his macho self early on, and Bruno would have caught him with a desperate right hand and got him out of there.

If he fought Haye, Bruno would have just stalked him down and basically steamrollered the guy, haye would strike no fear in Bruno whatsoever.
PenyG is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 01:35 AM   #8
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Bruno would beat the shit out of both of them.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 03:40 AM   #9
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfc View Post

Was a huge Bruno fan. However, he struggled against little men with speed. I think he would be in trouble against a massive man with speed.

It's only now when I watch his fights that I see how one dimensional he was. Still a world class jab though.
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #10
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 765

I think Bruno beats both.

Bruno's problems came with self doubt. It is suggested he had stamina issues, but if you look it was the fights that were considered even or he was underdog that he run out of puff. This would suggest it was nervous energy that got the better of him. Although it took him eight rounds to beat Bugner and ten rounds to beat Williams, he was confident he could win, thus he had no stamina issue.

This is important, as although I think he would get Fury out of there inside five as Fury is brave, but with limited 'world class' power, I believe there would be concern about Price's right hand, and overall better boxing. But Bruno's jab was a monster and I do not think at this stage Price's can compete with that. As mentioned Bruno would respect Price, thus I think a longer fight with Bruno's jab breaking Price down, before Bruno catches up with Price in the later rounds.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

He stops Price early, Fury would last a bit longer

David Haye would stop him
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #12
Expat09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
Bruno's problems came with self doubt. It is suggested he had stamina issues, but if you look it was the fights that were considered even or he was underdog that he run out of puff. This would suggest it was nervous energy that got the better of him. Although it took him eight rounds to beat Bugner and ten rounds to beat Williams, he was confident he could win, thus he had no stamina issue.
Agree he would beat Price and Fury.

Big fan of Bruno but always thought he had too much muscle and as you say when he became troubled he stiffened up and those muscles took a lot of energy away from him. If Frank could determine the pace he was normally OK if the other guy was setting the tempo or he feared the other guy (e.g. Mike Tyson) then he had problems.

Price would have a slim chance if he landed a good right hand and shook Bruno badly. Fury would have to keep the pace high and not get caught too much but I don't think Fury would be able to to achieve that.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3tGBgZJn2M[/ame]
Expat09 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

He would kill them both. It would look like Bruno-Eklund.

He would knock David Haye out pretty quickly too. Haye's good but he's get mashed by a fast-starting Bruno. Steamrolled, as someone above rightly pointed out.
Bruno would brutalize Chisora in a round or two. A soft-body, soft-hitting target, a journeyman.

Frank Bruno was a force of nature.
Look at the guys that beat him - Bonecrusher, Witherspoon, Tyson and Lewis, they were beasts and Bruno hurt them all.

None of the current British heavyweights could live with Bruno.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
DavetheSlave

Bruno only throws in one's and two and tends to plods forward a bit.

Now Price backs up in straight lines, I think Bruno, being the stronger man, would back Price onto the ropes and be able to put it on Price who would put the ear muffs on. With the questions over rice' durability I think he would probably take him out. Bruno didnt have a great chin, but stayed on his feet well. If he didnt take Price out, he'd be dragging him into the later round where he hasnt been.

With Fury, he has a lot more lateral movement and I would say is probably a better mover than the heavy footed Fury. I think for a while at least Fury would be able to frustrated Bruno like this. Unlike Price I dont think Fry could stop Bruno. I think Fury-Bruno is a 12 rounder which comes down to jabs. Now Bruno has a pretty good telescopic jab, it was his main attribute I think. So whilst in patches it would be a total war, I think his dominance working off the jab against a generally circling Fury wins him a decision.
DavetheSlave is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
davidjay
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Let's also remember that we're talking about two comparative novices against a former world champion. Look at who Bruno was fighting when he'd had as many bouts as those two have.
davidjay is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum