Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #46
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Buncey - strange behaviour

Time for a change in format for Buncey's show me thinks.

I think the format used on Graham Nortons weekly show would be great (no homo).

Get all the guests in at the start and they all stay for the show and then they all discuss the topics and issues.

I think it would be much more fun and it would also give it more of a unique selling point, at the moment it is a poor mans 'Ringside' and unfortunately it suffers in comparison.

If it was a different type of show it may actually become essential viewing for boxing fans.

They are in an incredibly privileged position and should definitely make more of the opportunity they have to create something a bit different.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #47
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
Time for a change in format for Buncey's show me thinks.

I think the format used on Graham Nortons weekly show would be great (no homo).

Get all the guests in at the start and they all stay for the show and then they all discuss the topics and issues.

I think it would be much more fun and it would also give it more of a unique selling point, at the moment it is a poor mans 'Ringside' and unfortunately it suffers in comparison.

If it was a different type of show it may actually become essential viewing for boxing fans.

They are in an incredibly privileged position and should definitely make more of the opportunity they have to create something a bit different.
isnt the show you suggested ringside? so it would make it an even more poor mans ringside?

Part of the problem is that this the Bunce hour is the only show that Box Nation offer. This is what the reports said when the channel was first announced;

"Steve Bunce’s Boxing Hour is set to make a return and there are rumors of a talking heads programme, similar to Sky Sports’ Sunday Supplement offering.

Apparently, there is a commitment to showing action twice a week, without running against other networks’ boxing output."

At the moment theres only the Boxing Hour and your lucky to get 6 shows a month. So more heat falls on the boxing hour. I don't get annoyed about the quality of the Championship highlights on Sky Sports being crap because I can watch other shows, but I am paying £10 a month for BoxNation for not allot of boxing so the Boxing Hour better be up to scratch.

A Sunday Supplement style show would work. Preview shows and weigh ins. A week in the life off Ricky Burns/Nathan Cleverly etc. Theres tons of boxing documentarys out there, why not get the rights to HBO's Legendary Nights. Even showing Boxing related films like The Hurricaine, The Rocky films and Ali.

I think something that would be great would be some indepth interview like what we saw with Manny Steward and Tommy Hearns last month. I would descrbe that as a shoot interview (anyone that liked wrestling would no what I mean). Basically a real deep dive interview that goes through the ins and outs of a fighters career from top to bottom.

In the end, the issue with the Bunce Hour is the same issue BoxNation has. Its run and put together by a bunch of egotistical men, who are past it. No clue about marketing, no clue about whats cool, no clue about what the punter wants.....and most of all they don't listen.

If anyone at BoxNation or if Bunce read this thread they would laugh at us and say "those nerds complain about everything"

WAKE UP. US NERDS ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WATCHING. SO YOU NEED TO START LISTENING.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #48
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Here is a clip with a couple of the items I mentioned at the start of the thread:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8orrYmzS7Hw[/ame]

He says the bit about Camacho being "deeeeeaaaaaaddddddd" near the start and the bit where he makes the face when the guy is talking is at about 1:40.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #49
hitandhope
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 989

Quote:
Here is a clip with a couple of the items I mentioned at the start of the thread:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He says the bit about Camacho being "deeeeeaaaaaaddddddd" near the start and the bit where he makes the face when the guy is talking is at about 1:40.
Well, the "dead" wasn't that long and the face pulling just looked like he was trying to wake himself up.

He's definitely showing signs of strain though. Would be nice to see someone take over as anchorman, but I do love him and Lillis digressing and dishing out the boxing trivia. I loved the anecdote about a punter knocking out some cornerman who was laughing about his fighter getting a hiding.
hitandhope is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #50
friend of frank
Journeyman

buncey on box nation is a different creature to the qulaity bunce on bbc london boxing hour... i dont get it, he seems too show off and talk bollocks. i listen to bunce on bbc london religously but havent watched him on BN for over a year.
he trys to balance being franks employee and man of the people boxing fan.... well it just dont work...
friend of frank is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #51
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitandhope View Post
Well, the "dead" wasn't that long and the face pulling just looked like he was trying to wake himself up.

He's definitely showing signs of strain though. Would be nice to see someone take over as anchorman, but I do love him and Lillis digressing and dishing out the boxing trivia. I loved the anecdote about a punter knocking out some cornerman who was laughing about his fighter getting a hiding.
Having watched again I don't think it was quite as bad as I first thought (although I never thought it was THAT bad, just a a bit inappropriate).

I disagree about the face bit though, he was taking the piss and got caught out IMO

I too thoroughly enjoy him and Steve 'The neck' Lillis bantering, its good fun.

And that story was great, I think there was more he wanted to say but as he got into it he seemed to suddenly realise he better not!

I agreed with his point and really liked the way he passionately went for it, that was the old Buncey and I wish he was like that more often.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #52
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I think Steve Bunce is a G, and if he wants to act abit strange go ahead! At the end of the day you bunch of stupid bitches, Steve Bunce is one of very few sports reporters..? that are passionate about boxing. There's cunts out there who write boxing articles for papers, who should not even be speaking about the sports, because they are retards and don't really follow the sport.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #53
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The way he said "dead" is weird. You expect people on TV to act sombre when delivering news like that, yet Bunce clearly wasn't. I'm not sure what his tone was supposed to be but it wasn't very fitting, I don't think. It comes across as very disrespectful. I'm not saying it was intended that way, because I think Bunce is a nice guy, but that's the way it comes across.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #54
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
I think Steve Bunce is a G, and if he wants to act abit strange go ahead! At the end of the day you bunch of stupid bitches, Steve Bunce is one of very few sports reporters..? that are passionate about boxing. There's cunts out there who write boxing articles for papers, who should not even be speaking about the sports, because they are retards and don't really follow the sport.
Yea....... and there are those bitching retards who use question marks all the time in strange places............... yea man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The way he said "dead" is weird. You expect people on TV to act sombre when delivering news like that, yet Bunce clearly wasn't. I'm not sure what his tone was supposed to be but it wasn't very fitting, I don't think. It comes across as very disrespectful. I'm not saying it was intended that way, because I think Bunce is a nice guy, but that's the way it comes across.
Well said
Old 11-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #55
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

The dead thing has been blown way out of proportion, although them faces looked like he was taking the piss and being disrespectful.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #56
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I think it'd be blown out of proportion if people were insinuating Bunce was being purposefully offensive, but the way he said it was definitely unusual. He said "Well you know what? This man is now dead". If I didn't know he had been killed and I'd heard Bunce's description of him and then the "you know what" line, I would have thought he was a guest on the show, as in "you know what? We've got him on the line right now". It was a really unusual tone to use when announcing a guys death. Just not very fitting at all, I don't think.

I'm not criticising Bunce though because, like I said, I don't think he meant any harm by it but yeah, I can see why people would expect something a bit more professional.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #57
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

He does definitely need a better producer(if he even has one) or something. I'll agree with that.

BN really should be showing some talking heads, maybe do a SSN style thing but for boxing, could be updated with some interviews, press stuff etc. daily for not that much, Im sure.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #58
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Yea....... and there are those bitching retards who use question marks all the time in strange places............... yea man

Well said
Excuse me..?
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #59
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Not seen much of the boxing hour since it's been on boxnation used to record it every week on setanta. It didn't seem the same when it came back on.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #60
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1022

To think this forum had a campaign to get him back on the TV!
richard mossley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum