Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
energie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default vitali just ducked stiverne....

thank god one of the most boring heavyweights ever has ran from stiverne/ boxing will be a better place without the elder klit/ one more to go till boxing gets better
energie is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2140
Default Re: vitali just ducked stiverne....

Vitali hardly ducked Stiverne.He is waging a much more important battle-campaigning to be the President of his Country,something much more important than being a heavyweight champion.
Good luck to him to attempt to change the politics in such a corrupt country as the Ukraine.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Has Vitali officially been stripped of the WBC belt?
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

No, he got permission from the WBC President for a lay-off because of an injury. He proved his injury to the WBC, it was the WBC's decision.

Why would Vitali duck Stiverne? Vitali would knock Stiverne out. Vitali might fight Stiverne, but would prefer to have big fight with Haye. However, it's possible that he might go ahead an knock Wilder out before he retires if Vlad doesn't fight him. I have not heard one complaint about the WBC ranking Wilder #3 without ever fighting one ranked fighter period. Double standard. The haters have wanted Vitali to retire for years now. How about asking Hopkins to retire? Hopkins refused to fight Kovalev. Do I hear a complaint? Of course not. The hater's know that Vitali will not be beaten, so they ask him to retire.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 01:11 AM   #5
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Americans are beyond grasping at straws now in their attempt to discredit Vitali. Come on yanks; it's looking pathetic now.

A - He has a valid injury
B - He's running for president
C- It's Stiverne who is mediocre at best
True_Hero is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #6
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Yes, Stiverne is not that good at all. I remember when Vitali took a lay-off because of injuries, the hatrers claimed that he was ducking Rahman who was washed up. Later Vlad stopped Rahman. Stiverne was hurt by Arreola, and I suspect that Arreola will knock Stiverne out if he gets a rematch. Vitali stopped Arreola in LA, Arreola's home turf!!!!!!! Stiverne could not stop Arreola who had a broken nose. Arreola was winning before his nose was broken. Vitali has known Stiverne for a long time, he knows what to expert and in not way would he be afraid of him, pretty easy knock out for Vitali.........
Old 10-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #7
493dart
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i think he will announce his retirement in the next couple months due to his presidential business.

Glad to see that goofy **** get out of boxing

TKO 6 !!!
493dart is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 02:47 AM   #8
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vitali has planned to retire in early 2014, but he does plan to fight again.

Stiverne is not a good money fight, but I really think that HBO would show a Vitali Vs. Wilder fight, which is possible, but Vlad has talked about fighting Wilder, so it all depends..........if Wilder looked like he did while sparring Vlad for the Wach fight, he will get knocked out, easy fight for Vitali or Vlad.........

Wilder's chin is glass, Vlad knocked him down with a jab while he was wearing head gear! It is good for Vitali and Vlad for their opponents to believe the lying American media, because when they get into a ring with either they always get a surprise. Vitali has zero reason to duck Stiverne who is inferior. Vitali stopped Solis with a right hook to the temple in the very first round. All I heard and read was how Vitali was running from Solis and how Solis would easily beat Vitali. I know differently. Tony Tubbs worked some with Klitschko years ago in Germany while they were with Klaus Peter Kohl, as an adviser, did a little sparring also, he said that Vitali's right hand was awesome...........Vitali was the six time world kickboxing champion both pro and amateur, he was an International Champion, World military champion, etc., sometimes he would have a kickboxing fight, then go fight in a boxing fight. He was awesome!!!!!!! I saw Vitali knock Herbie Hide out in London for the WBO title. Vitali knocked him out in the second round, and I mean knocked him out cold, I thought he was dead! His legs were stiff. Vitali was a five to one underdog for that fight. Vitali later won the WBC title, took a 4 year lay-off, then came back and fought Sam Peter for the title. World record, by the way. He stopped Peter in the 8th round, was no contest. I remember when Vitali fought Larry Donald, Richie Giachetti and Donald were watching Vitali fight on Video, they were laughing, said he would be an easy knock out, afterall, Vitali was Eastern European, well..............Vitali was the very first fighter to knock Donald out! No contest. Don King did not like that. They said that they did not know how good Vitali really was, they found out the hard way.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #9
The Predator
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Let Vitali fight Haye. He will lose and he knows it, thatīs why the fight hasnīt happened yet. Heīs scared of Haye.
The Predator is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 03:46 AM   #10
G Man
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah, because he's shown nothing but cowardice throughout his career, right?

G Man is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 03:47 AM   #11
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 577

I dont get what the "just" is about. Vitali's already turned down the purse bid three times and pulled out totally claiming injury, while promising to fight again in 2014 but not promising to fight Stiverne. This had shades of Vitali/Rahman all over again. Pulling out of a fight mulitple times, claiming injury, promising to fight the next year and then ****ing off into retirement. It's when Vitali does **** like this that I loose whatever respect I have for him.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 03:52 AM   #12
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man View Post
Yeah, because he's shown nothing but cowardice throughout his career, right?

He did the almost the same thing to Rahman. He pulled out of his mandatory defence against Rahman in early 2005 claiming injury, then in the late spring/early summer he pulled out again claiming he wasn't ready but the second Rahman was committed to an Interim title fight against Barrett he approached the WBC asking to be allowed to Calvin Brock instead, told no and that he to fight his mandatory he suddenly decided that he wasn't ready for a fight anyway. Then as he was preparing to fight Rahman in the winter of 2005 he once more pulled out claiming injury but promised to fight Rahman the next year. Instead he dissapeared into retirement only to talk about a comeback soon after Rahman lost the WBC Title to Maskaev.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #13
G Man
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
He did the almost the same thing to Rahman. He pulled out of his mandatory defence against Rahman in early 2005 claiming injury, then in the late spring/early summer he pulled out again claiming he wasn't ready but the second Rahman was committed to an Interim title fight against Barrett he approached the WBC asking to be allowed to Calvin Brock instead, told no and that he to fight his mandatory he suddenly decided that he wasn't ready for a fight anyway. Then as he was preparing to fight Rahman in the winter of 2005 he once more pulled out claiming injury but promised to fight Rahman the next year. Instead he dissapeared into retirement only to talk about a comeback soon after Rahman lost the WBC Title to Maskaev.

So Vitali is afraid of Rahman? Wow.
G Man is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 04:32 AM   #14
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man View Post
So Vitali is afraid of Rahman? Wow.
The fact remains that Vitali pulled out a fight with Rahman mulitple times, tried to get the WBC to let him fight Brock instead of Rahman and retired for a few years only to talk of a comeback shortly after Rahman lost the WBC Title. I dont know if he was afraid of Rahman or not but by his actions I dont think its unreasonable to say that he certainly wasn't eager to fight him.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 04:37 AM   #15
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by energie View Post
thank god one of the most boring heavyweights ever has ran from stiverne/ boxing will be a better place without the elder klit/ one more to go till boxing gets better
Your lungs need to duck air as soon as possible.
Scar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum