boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near to the Caucasus Mountains
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 550
Cool I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

I really hope to see this fight next year. If the money are good I think both fighters should accept to fight each other.

The problem is about the weight class where these 2 guys should meet . I don't see Froch moving down too much, maybe 2 or 3 lbs down to 168 but no more.

3G's height is 5′10″ (179cm) and his reach is 70″ (178cm).

Froch's height is 6′1″ (185cm) and his reach is 75″ (191cm).

No doubt theres a significant difference between these 2 guys in height and reach but I think 3G has better technique and probably more power than Froch.

This fight should take place at Madison Square Garden.
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #2
kirk
C1
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ill swallow my Blood before i swallow my Pride
Posts: 27,916
vCash: 9183
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

I don't want G to go above 160. Hope he stays there and rules it with an iron fist.
kirk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:00 AM   #3
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,975
vCash: 138
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

I would like better Froch - Kovalev
BeastsideBoxing is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 10-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #4
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near to the Caucasus Mountains
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 550
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I don't want G to go above 160. Hope he stays there and rules it with an iron fist.
The problem is top ranked guys from MW division like Sergio, Quillin, Murray and Barker are not so eager to fight him, so he needs to fight somebody whos world class level and that would be Froch IMO.

If somehow HBO could match 3G vs Sergio / Barker or Murray then I'd be more than happy to see 3G having some legit fights @ his weight class.
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
Koba
GenSec
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 733
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy k.o View Post
I really hope to see this fight next year. If the money are good I think both fighters should accept to fight each other.

The problem is about the weight class where these 2 guys should meet . I don't see Froch moving down too much, maybe 2 or 3 lbs down to 168 but no more.

3G's height is 5′10″ (179cm) and his reach is 70″ (178cm).

Froch's height is 6′1″ (185cm) and his reach is 75″ (191cm).

No doubt theres a significant difference between these 2 guys in height and reach but I think 3G has better technique and probably more power than Froch.

This fight should take place at Madison Square Garden.
The weight ain't a problem. Froch has said he can't go down anyway, which is not a surprise 'cos he's one of the few guys who walks and fights at around about his class weight

Golovkin fights at around 168-170

Froch fights around 172-3

Golovkins likely to fight heavier MWs than Froch, but it would be at 168 I'm guessing.

Froch obviously has a considerable reach advantage, but that's part of the game - remember Maravilla vs Williams?

For me this is about the best fight there is to be made (along with Stevenson - Kovalev). Let's just hope it happens in 2014.
Koba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
timeout
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bitchfield - England, UK
Posts: 6,605
vCash: 83
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

Froch vs ggg ain't happening...

Froch is going to get toasted by George
timeout is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,495
vCash: 500
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
Froch vs ggg ain't happening...

Froch is going to get toasted by George
DEFINITELY agree with your first statement,not sure about the second.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
boxfanlut
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 500
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

The fight is already happening bro. Gorgeous George Groves.

boxfanlut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,883
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

Don't know why anyone wouldn't want Golovkin-Froch. That's likely one of the most exciting fights that could be made. Hopefully it's done either in NY or London for the biggest atmosphere possible.

Golovkin was ready to fight a larger SMW in Oosthuizen, when the fight fell apart over money. Watching Tommy struggle with Ward's sparring partner, GGG would've looked like an even bigger monster had that fight gone ahead.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near to the Caucasus Mountains
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 550
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post
The weight ain't a problem. Froch has said he can't go down anyway, which is not a surprise 'cos he's one of the few guys who walks and fights at around about his class weight

Golovkin fights at around 168-170

Froch fights around 172-3

Golovkins likely to fight heavier MWs than Froch, but it would be at 168 I'm guessing.

Froch obviously has a considerable reach advantage, but that's part of the game - remember Maravilla vs Williams?

For me this is about the best fight there is to be made (along with Stevenson - Kovalev). Let's just hope it happens in 2014.


I think Stevenson vs Kovalev will happen next year.
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #11
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Posts: 5,705
vCash: 11573
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

i just dont see this fight happening
cippi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near to the Caucasus Mountains
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 550
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
Don't know why anyone wouldn't want Golovkin-Froch. That's likely one of the most exciting fights that could be made. Hopefully it's done either in NY or London for the biggest atmosphere possible.

Golovkin was ready to fight a larger SMW in Oosthuizen, when the fight fell apart over money. Watching Tommy struggle with Ward's sparring partner, GGG would've looked like an even bigger monster had that fight gone ahead.
If the other mw champs/ top ranked mw fighters will continually avoiding 3G I'm pretty sure he'll turn his direction to guys like JCC and Froch. Actually 3G's trainer said that the only guys that would go 12 rounds with 3G are Froch and JCC. So, maybe they already are targeting these guys which is very good ( Froch and JCC).
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #13
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 7,796
vCash: 248
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

[quote=Eastcoast;15766296]Don't know why anyone wouldn't want Golovkin-Froch. That's likely one of the most exciting fights that could be made. Hopefully it's done either in NY or London for the biggest atmosphere possible.

Golovkin was ready to fight a larger SMW in Oosthuizen, when the fight fell apart over money. Watching Tommy struggle with Ward's sparring partner, GGG would've looked like an even bigger monster had that fight gone ahead.[/QU I firmly believe that Oosthuizen would give GGG a tough fight. He didnt look great against Gonzalez but one could attribute that as much to Brandon's awkwardness as to any flaws in Tommy game.GGG is neither as athletic nor as awkward as Gonzalez so I do believe that Oosthuizen would consistently find a home for his jab and left hand. Golovkin might still get the KO but he's gonna have to work his ass off to do so.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
lencoreastside
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,784
vCash: 500
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

[quote=Koba;15766192]The weight ain't a problem.
Froch has said he can't go down anyway, which is not a surprise 'cos he's one of the few guys who walks and fights at around about his class weight

This ^ comment here makes no sense whatsoever. In fact it is a total contradiction.

Froch is too big for GGG, this fight won't happen...forget about it.
lencoreastside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
A|C|S
The original |A|C|S|
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 12923
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfanlut View Post
The fight is already happening bro. Gorgeous George Groves.

A|C|S is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015