Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675
Default JMM and Nacho a G!

They were just interviewed in Republica Deportiva. Here is what they had to say:

JMM
He explains that the punch as has been labeled a lucky punch was the main weapon they worked on during training. He hates to say this but he actually created a few KDs because of it in sparring. He relieves the emotions during the fight. He celebrated because of the achievement but it soon hit him that Pac was still on the ground which worried him. As a professional he does not want to cause serious damage to someone and would not wish that on him. He went to check on him and ask him if he was ok and was glad to get confirmation from Pac. He is still unsure on what he wants to do and has to review with his family.

Nacho
He is still enjoying the victory that JMM gave us the Mexicans. He believes the scores were fair up until the stoppage. He has reviewed the fight twice and yes they were down by a point. He said the gamplan was body shots. He saw 3 very solid body shots which he said made Pac uncomfortable. He is asked if that was JMMs greatest fight and he said not really. He has always shown an amazing devotion to the sport since he was 14 years old and he is so devoted to his Mexican people. JMM wanted to give the Mexicans a gift this year. He states the weight was something planned. They needed to keep up with Pacs freakish foot and hand speed. 5th fight? He says that is up to the family. He has alot of love for JMM and would like him to retire with full health as all the money in the world can not buy you a new brain.
Will there be a fight between Roach and Nacho? He smiles and says no he respects Roach alot because of his desire to continue in the sport despite his illness. He then says I dont care what anyone says but I am still certain I have beaten him 4 times. LIKE A BOSS!!!
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
PattyG
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: JMM and Nacho a G!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
They were just interviewed in Republica Deportiva. Here is what they had to say:

JMM
He explains that the punch as has been labeled a lucky punch was the main weapon they worked on during training. He hates to say this but he actually created a few KDs because of it in sparring. He relieves the emotions during the fight. He celebrated because of the achievement but it soon hit him that Pac was still on the ground which worried him. As a professional he does not want to cause serious damage to someone and would not wish that on him. He went to check on him and ask him if he was ok and was glad to get confirmation from Pac. He is still unsure on what he wants to do and has to review with his family.

Nacho
He is still enjoying the victory that JMM gave us the Mexicans. He believes the scores were fair up until the stoppage. He has reviewed the fight twice and yes they were down by a point. He said the gamplan was body shots. He saw 3 very solid body shots which he said made Pac uncomfortable. He is asked if that was JMMs greatest fight and he said not really. He has always shown an amazing devotion to the sport since he was 14 years old and he is so devoted to his Mexican people. JMM wanted to give the Mexicans a gift this year. He states the weight was something planned. They needed to keep up with Pacs freakish foot and hand speed. 5th fight? He says that is up to the family. He has alot of love for JMM and would like him to retire with full health as all the money in the world can not buy you a new brain.
Will there be a fight between Roach and Nacho? He smiles and says no he respects Roach alot because of his desire to continue in the sport despite his illness. He then says I dont care what anyone says but I am still certain I have beaten him 4 times. LIKE A BOSS!!!

****ing G!!!!
PattyG is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
SweetScienceDR
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 600

They're both classy, stand up dudes. Credit to the sport. Thanks for translating the interview- always good to hear from JMM and Nacho.
SweetScienceDR is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
Undisputed
Cant G no other way
ESB Addict

vCash: 961

I think Marquez really shined when he fought katsidis.Dude was throwing some beautiful combos.
Undisputed is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed View Post
I think Marquez really shined when he fought katsidis.Dude was throwing some beautiful combos.
Have you ever watched the Jandaeng fight? To me the most beautiful display of uppercuts. At points he starts a combination with an uppercut from about 7 feet away from Jandaeng and lands multiple uppercuts. If any other fighter tried that they would either miss or get caught and knocked the **** out as throwing an uppercut from long range can be suicide. I really wish I still had that fight. It got taken with my last DVR.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
Harvin87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Márquez = número 1
Harvin87 is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Have you ever watched the Jandaeng fight? To me the most beautiful display of uppercuts. At points he starts a combination with an uppercut from about 7 feet away from Jandaeng and lands multiple uppercuts. If any other fighter tried that they would either miss or get caught and knocked the **** out as throwing an uppercut from long range can be suicide. I really wish I still had that fight. It got taken with my last DVR.
I think my all time favoraite Marquez fight is the first Diaz one.
An all time classic; tons of action, high skill level, furious exchanges, both guys wobbled then ended with a perfect body shot-uppercut KO.
thats one fight i always put on for the uninitiated and they always leave as a Marquez fan.
klimting is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

They're definitely a pair of G's.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

Classy, I know Marquez has been knocked down quite a few times but it honestly feels like he's immortal doesn't seem like he'd ever get k.o.d cold
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
Charlie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 825

The fact that they both genuinely adore the sport of boxing and are two highly intelligent strategists won me over a long time ago, ****ing love both guys.
Charlie is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Absolute G's the two of them!!
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #12
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:

My favorite JMM fight, no doubt!

His in-fighting in that fight was just beautiful.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #13
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Agreed I loved that fight remember watching live, the adrenaline had me going .Only negative was that knockdwon but i'll give katsidis that it wasn't lucky he caught him he's a warrior & fighting for his brothers death.Marquez really shined that fight not backing up from fight.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #14
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Good ****, thanks for posting.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #15
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Juan didn't just give the people of Mexico a gift. He gave impartial boxing fans one.
Slickstar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum