Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
friend of frank
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Flintoff almost accidently knocked out

well i have to say it was even more farcial than expected, the scrawniest heavyweight ive ever seen enters the ring to an odd bunch of supporters...
the american ( i cant be bothered to look what his name was ) never really threw a punch until the 2nd round and it caught flintoff and knocked him down, he obviously wasnt suppose to do that and backed off for the rest of the fight not really throwing a single punch with any intention of hitting the stringy target.
flintoff realy is unlikable and i just cant wait for him to get knocked out properly, unless he all of a sudden retires becuase he has a serious knee injury which stopped him playing cricket.... how come thats ok now.
friend of frank is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 02:44 AM   #2
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Flintoff almost accidently knocked out

Good post mate. Definitely worth a read.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

The knockdown was funny you could tell it wasn't meant to happen
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #4
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

This thread has given me a lot to think about. I'm off for a shit.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:28 AM   #5
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

what a bunch of knobs some on here are.

all this is is complete jealousy on everyones part,even the boxers, some pundits and internet freaks who are calling him,its nothing to do with his boxing ability or his 'not having any amateur fights' if it was curtis woodhouse(a ex footballer with NO amature fights)would get loads of shit.

im just wondering is there anyway of finding out how many pros out there turned pro with no am fights?
i know when i boxed many many fighters yurned pro whos am career consisted of a couple of fights if that
i was talking to my mate yesterday,a ex pro who said when he went to get his lisence the other lad there had no am fights at all just went pro,he actually fought him in his second fight and twated him

its just plain jealousy cos of all the media attention he got,i can honestly say this has brought out the true colours of some people in the boxing game,****ing crybabys
widdy is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:35 AM   #6
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
This thread has given me a lot to think about. I'm off for a shit.
Not so fast!
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:43 AM   #7
Clark81
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He gave it his all and desrves a bit of credit.

The reality is though, he has virtually no boxing ability and can't even deliver a punch properly.
Clark81 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:08 AM   #8
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

he was obviously fighting at a 0 bouter amateur level and not a paticularly great no bouter at that but to his credit he got in there with immense pressure for a first timer and had pretty decent fittness for a first timer.

it did degrade the sport a bit imo because that was not pro standard or even time limit but to his credit he got in there and did it, I think it was legit, why would they only do 4x2s otherwise.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:13 AM   #9
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Not so fast!
Merry Christmas.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:14 AM   #10
D_Andrade
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Anyone could do what he did against someone told to not hit back! Dawson compubox stats were 12 punches thrown 6 landed iirc
D_Andrade is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #11
widdy
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
he was obviously fighting at a 0 bouter amateur level and not a paticularly great no bouter at that but to his credit he got in there with immense pressure for a first timer and had pretty decent fittness for a first timer.

it did degrade the sport a bit imo because that was not pro standard or even time limit but to his credit he got in there and did it, I think it was legit, why would they only do 4x2s otherwise.
of course it was pro stranded not every pro in the world is a top class boxer who will go on to win titles you know iceferg
a ****ing lot won't even get to area level,i honestly don't understand all the hate,well,i do,like i said jealousy

did anyone watch the after fight interview,he was very humble,knew his ability(shit) but was over the moon,you would think he had just won his 1st fight or something against another shit novice boxer
widdy is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #12
widdy
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Andrade View Post
Anyone could do what he did against someone told to not hit back! Dawson compubox stats were 12 punches thrown 6 landed iirc
more than harrison has thrown in his last 4 fights then
widdy is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:40 AM   #13
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
of course it was pro stranded not every pro in the world is a top class boxer who will go on to win titles you know iceferg
a ****ing lot won't even get to area level,i honestly don't understand all the hate,well,i do,like i said jealousy

did anyone watch the after fight interview,he was very humble,knew his ability(shit) but was over the moon,you would think he had just won his 1st fight or something against another shit novice boxer
I've seen a lot of lower quality pro's who never reach area standard and I've trained with them but tbh I've never seen a professional fight at a standard that low.
I'm not "hating" at all, just being honest, the fight was fought over amateur rounds and probably should have been an amateur or a charity white collar bout because it would be anoying if people start thinking all you need to do idespis train a year to become a pro BUT in all fairness he did train, he did get in their with massive public pressure and did 4x2s in his first one and he probably did just enough to win as well so fair play to him.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #14
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

I honestly think Zelenoff has more ring savvy and better punch technique than Flintoff. Hopefully he gets banjoed if he fights again, reality fights like that are bad for the sport, especially when headlining over good pros. Dawson threw one meaningful punch and didn't make that mistake again...
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #15
toom
Journeyman

All Flintoff had to offer was girly slaps.No technique, and he was floored by the only punch his obese opponent threw. Some gangland enforcer he was. Was he in a gang of boy scouts? Pathetic. If Flintoff fights again, it should be as an amateur, without TV coverage.There's no place for rubbish like that in a professional sport.
toom is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum