Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
porkypara
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 539
vCash: 1000
Default Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

I for one would. How many fights have we had on tv over last year or so that would never have been seen on UK screens.

Not perfect but I would miss it if it went.

Also who would fill the void? Answer,nobody,just would be less boxing on UK tv.
porkypara is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ,burnleylancashire
Posts: 2,878
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

me,ive only subscribed 2 weeks ago,id be a bit ****ed of with wanker wozza
widdy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

Of course I'd miss it you cunt, I'm a boxing freak. I still pay for boxnation even though I don't live where it's broadcast anymore...simply because when I visit my house in England I can switch the TV on and watch fights for a tenner a month. Thought about getting the PC version of boxnation, but always shyed away from it...
Trail is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
porkypara
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 539
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail View Post
Of course I'd miss it you cunt, I'm a boxing freak. I still pay for boxnation even though I don't live where it's broadcast anymore...simply because when I visit my house in England I can switch the TV on and watch fights for a tenner a month. Thought about getting the PC version of boxnation, but always shyed away from it...

Any reason for that???
porkypara is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
Any reason for that???
Apologies for any offence caused. The c-word is a term often used on here. Sorry if any offence was caused.
Trail is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: land of my fathers
Posts: 574
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

i just wish theyed put on a few more cards on to put them cunts at primetime out of business. i wouldnt even mind paying , say , an extra fiver for BIG fights.
knighty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
i just wish theyed put on a few more cards on to put them cunts at primetime out of business. i wouldnt even mind paying , say , an extra fiver for BIG fights.
To think I used to pay S*y 37 for Prem football back in the day, I'd willingly pay 40 a month for decent boxing, not just the odd flash in the pan big card. I spend more on daily newspapers when I'm in the UK each month than I would be prepared to pay for the 40 Boxnation. If I was guaranteed great boxing each month for that fee, then I'd pay it. Foolish pipe dream, it'll never happen, too much money and politics in boxing.
Trail is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: land of my fathers
Posts: 574
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail View Post
To think I used to pay S*y 37 for Prem football back in the day, I'd willingly pay 40 a month for decent boxing, not just the odd flash in the pan big card. I spend more on daily newspapers when I'm in the UK each month than I would be prepared to pay for the 40 Boxnation. If I was guaranteed great boxing each month for that fee, then I'd pay it. Foolish pipe dream, it'll never happen, too much money and politics in boxing.
i agree mate. if there was somehow a channel that showed every big fight id gladly pay up to 50 quid a month and sack off sky sports. Theres some tight fisted ****ers on this forum who wont pay 10 quid for the sport they love so i doubt it would ever happen! Good premise though
knighty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
i agree mate. if there was somehow a channel that showed every big fight id gladly pay up to 50 quid a month and sack off sky sports. Theres some tight fisted ****ers on this forum who wont pay 10 quid for the sport they love so i doubt it would ever happen! Good premise though
If you need your fix of something (be it boxing, beer, cigarettes whatever) you'll find the money from somewhere - even if it means buying cheaper food, clothes etc. In these heady days of the Interweb boxing is free, you can find fights online on the night for free, this has to kick Boxnation and other stations into touch. Also with that famous file/video sharing site you can watch most big fights the morning after. I wouldn't condone such activity. If someone wants to put a shit-hot boxing channel on my TV for 50 a month I'll pay...but at least show me some great (live) fights.
Trail is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #10
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

Why would anybody who pays for it miss it?

Your saving more money if it goes bump!

+ People say its worth the money, what? For a couple of decent fights every couple of weeks on a weekend? What about the day to day running, what about mid-week programs and what not?

They just repeat old fights.....

YEH! Its REALLY worth the money!

My arse.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,573
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

I've seen a lot of great young prospects home and abroad that I would know nothing about if not for Boxnation, and thats taking the big fights out of the equasion, it's easily worth a tenner a month
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Why would anybody who pays for it miss it?

Your saving more money if it goes bump!

+ People say its worth the money, what? For a couple of decent fights every couple of weeks on a weekend? What about the day to day running, what about mid-week programs and what not?

They just repeat old fights.....

YEH! Its REALLY worth the money!

My arse.
Who's that slut in your av?
Trail is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
I've seen a lot of great young prospects home and abroad that I would know nothing about if not for Boxnation, and thats taking the big fights out of the equasion, it's easily worth a tenner a month
This kid ****ing nailed it...^^^^
Trail is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

I have the online service and for me it fills the space Setanta left, I would miss it. Streaming quality needs to improve, but overall not bad for a tenner.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
vinnyboy
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who would miss BoxNation if it went off air?

i love box nation 10 sovs a month if u moan about that ur a sorry son of a gun lol
vinnyboy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013