Ward goes billy goat.. no contest 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default ☠☠Pavlik/Ward Poll Thread: Take Two ☠☠Update:Finally Signed

Not sure why the first one disappeared so lets try this again. Get on record with your take on the fight. Vote early, vote often. Who knows, we may get to do this 4 or 5 times before the fight if the thread keeps disappearing.

'Seen' it.

Last edited by Hermit; 11-27-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Hermit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: ☠☠Pavlik/Ward Poll Thread: Take Two ☠☠Update:Finally Signed

Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ward closes the distance, takes Pavliks jab away from him, uses a lot of pivots and short punches and left hooks his way to a wide UD. I dont think Pavlik has the speed to hit Ward with the right hand but maybe he can, hopefully he gives a good showing so he doesnt vanish
pathmanc1986 is online now  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Its to bad the first poll is gone it had a lot of opinion on the fight and almost nobody giving Pavlik much of a chance if any.

I can't really predict the fight but a lot of people are going to be shocked again if Pavlik wins. Leading into this fight Ward is on a good streak but almost all the greats have some losses. Pavlik was on a good streak himself and probably has been in there with better fighters then Ward has.

Pavlik has as good a chance as anyone to beat him. Its a lot different fight for Pavlik then some of his more recent fight and history has shown that Pavlik does very well when he is the underdog.

Many people think getting beat by Hopkins marked Pavliks end, but thats bs. To get to the top any boxer has to get schooled many times on the way up to learn the things they don't know. Good fighters in the game are the type of people that can get beat and come back stronger. The real truth is Pavlik is more expeirenced and wise for his losses and adversity. And if he comes into the fight with ward healthy and strong he can be the best he ever has been.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Sandokan32
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Pavlik's handlers must hate him in secret or something.
Sandokan32 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
Its to bad the first poll is gone it had a lot of opinion on the fight and almost nobody giving Pavlik much of a chance if any.

I can't really predict the fight but a lot of people are going to be shocked again if Pavlik wins. Leading into this fight Ward is on a good streak but almost all the greats have some losses. Pavlik was on a good streak himself and probably has been in there with better fighters then Ward has.

Pavlik has as good a chance as anyone to beat him. Its a lot different fight for Pavlik then some of his more recent fight and history has shown that Pavlik does very well when he is the underdog.

Many people think getting beat by Hopkins marked Pavliks end, but thats bs. To get to the top any boxer has to get schooled many times on the way up to learn the things they don't know. Good fighters in the game are the type of people that can get beat and come back stronger. The real truth is Pavlik is more expeirenced and wise for his losses and adversity. And if he comes into the fight with ward healthy and strong he can be the best he ever has been.
At worst we get to see where Kelly stacks up at 168 since Ward has fought pretty much all of the top guys. Not sure where to put Bute at the moment. He still seemed gun shy in his last fight.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Having seen how easily Ward dealt with Dawson i think this fight ends by late stoppage for Ward. Pavlik is going to get the shit beaten out of him, if Ward is feeling nice he may see the last bell.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
Having seen how easily Ward dealt with Dawson i think this fight ends by late stoppage for Ward. Pavlik is going to get the shit beaten out of him, if Ward is feeling nice he may see the last bell.
Dawson was drained and KO'd days before in sparring. Kelly has a better chance of seeing the final bell than Froch did.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post

Its nice to be positive, but I don't think we'll ever see again the KP that KO'ed Taylor in Sept. 2007. Thats over 5 yrs ago & how many 1000's of beers since then? I was one of the biggest KP fans, but I have to be realistic.

I don't think he'll be able to win. I hope I'm wrong...

But I do know this, that if Ward was fighting the KP from 2007, he'd end up the same way Taylor did, ****ing crumpled in the corner.

Its an extremely long shot, but I'd love to see Kelly beat the living shit outta Ward.

(((((((((((KP by KO)))))))))))

Last edited by JETSKI; 11-27-2012 at 07:48 PM.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #10
Big Left
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I am pretty sure Ward will stop Pavlik, it would be pretty amazing if Pavlik can last 12 rounds against a world class operator at this stage in his career.
Big Left is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #11
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI View Post
Its nice to be positive, but I don't think we'll ever see again the KP that KO'ed Taylor in Sept. 1997. Thats over 5 yrs ago & how many 1000's of beers since then? I was one of the biggest KP fans, but I have to be realistic.

But I do know this, that if Ward was fighting the KP from 1997, he'd end up the same way Taylor did, ****ing crumpled in the corner.

Its an extremely long shot, but I'd love to see Kelly beat the living shit outta Ward.

You alright there Jets?

I kinda smiled when I saw the first 1997, but had to go ahead and laugh when I saw it the second time.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #12
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post
You alright there Jets?

I kinda smiled when I saw the first 1997, but had to go ahead and laugh when I saw it the second time.
Gezzzzzzzz, what the hell was I thinking!?

Major Type-O, there.

Correction on those dates...make that Sept. 2007.

How the heck are you doing, Pipe??? And thanks for your concern. Some days, I'm just burned out. Can't work like a jackass all day anymore. Come home fractured & write shit like 1997 when I mean 2007!

JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #13
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Its nice to be positive, but I don't think we'll ever see again the KP that KO'ed Taylor in Sept. 1997. Thats over 5 yrs ago & how many 1000's of beers since then? I was one of the biggest KP fans, but I have to be realistic.

But I do know this, that if Ward was fighting the KP from 1997, he'd end up the same way Taylor did, ****ing crumpled in the corner.

ummmm no.
iceman71 is online now  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Quote:
Its nice to be positive, but I don't think we'll ever see again the KP that KO'ed Taylor in Sept. 2007. Thats over 5 yrs ago & how many 1000's of beers since then? I was one of the biggest KP fans, but I have to be realistic.

But I do know this, that if Ward was fighting the KP from 2007, he'd end up the same way Taylor did, ****ing crumpled in the corner.

I don't know what Pavlik is going to do only he knows that, but a boxer like Pavlik can be the most dangerous kind of boxer there is. I believe a former world champ that is still young that has something to prove can make a comeback. And fighting the likes of Hopkins, Martinez and these other fighters he probably has learned a thing or two.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #15
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

All I'm gonna say is, "Some people need to take their rose colored glasses off when they watch Ward/Bika and Ward/Froch."

AIN'T THAT RIGHT PIPE?!?
booradley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum