boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #31
mr. piff
The Ring General
ESB Addict

vCash: 254
Default Re: Roach confession that Ariza was Pac's drug dealer? (Sweet science article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Don't be silly.....Floyd's baby momma "Gave him up" to police after he flew off the handle. Roach simply expressed what everyone already knows. That most drugs are coming from strength and conditioning coaches. Duh....Don't tell me no one knew this around here.

Wasn't it all the *****'s who were claiming Ariza had "special shakes"?
Wasn't it all the pac****s who said there was nothing but cinnamon, nutmeg, and milk in those "special shakes" lol
mr. piff is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #32
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Roach confession that Ariza was Pac's drug dealer? (Sweet science article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
If Marquez does to Pacquiao again what he did in fight 3, you still want to see Mayweather-Pac?
What the hell for? So Mayweather can bogusly lay claim that he's the best thats ever been?
Of course! Styles make fights and JMM had a LOT of things against him when he first moved up 2 weight classes to meet Floyd. PAC has the style and the physical tools to cause Floyd problems. Juan causes problems for PAC and vise versa. I'm 100% confident that JMM who had just moved up 2 weight classes to fight Floyd was NOT at his very best. He was drinking his own **** for that fight. I feel this version of JMM with the help of Memo is a far better Marquez than the version Floyd faced when he came out of retirement. Depending on how Juan looks....I may want to see what a rematch with Floyd looks like.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #33
acr347
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
every top boxer is on peds. idiots
Seriously... Why wouldnt' they be? It's 2012, boxing is no different than any other sport/business.
acr347 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #34
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. piff View Post
Wasn't it all the pac****s who said there was nothing but cinnamon, nutmeg, and milk in those "special shakes" lol
Not sure about what the ****s thought was in those shakes.....but I'm pretty the consensus was NOT cinnamon, nutmeg, and milk as the main ingredients. I'm also sure it wasn't the mystery "A side of Meff".
Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #35
the_truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Once again Roach is talking nonsense... Random testing is the way to go, there is always going to be good and bad strength and nutritional coaches.
the_truth is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #36
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_truth View Post
Once again Roach is talking nonsense... Random testing is the way to go, there is always going to be good and bad strength and nutritional coaches.
Can't condone the accusations against Juan. That's straight up bull **** to out right accuse him. Whatever consequences come of his stupidity is his responsibility as a man. But I agree with you...There are always going to be good and bad S&C coaches in the world of sports, boxing included.

Just because a big reason is tied to this role in the world of sports, doesn't mean that ALL athletes are dirty or that all S&C coaches are the bridge that bring the 2 together.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #37
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

That was a completely irresponsible quote from Roach whether they're guilty or not
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #38
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Of course! Styles make fights and JMM had a LOT of things against him when he first moved up 2 weight classes to meet Floyd. PAC has the style and the physical tools to cause Floyd problems. Juan causes problems for PAC and vise versa. I'm 100% confident that JMM who had just moved up 2 weight classes to fight Floyd was NOT at his very best. He was drinking his own **** for that fight. I feel this version of JMM with the help of Memo is a far better Marquez than the version Floyd faced when he came out of retirement. Depending on how Juan looks....I may want to see what a rematch with Floyd looks like.
Take it from me 99, a huge Marquez fan. At this stage in their careers and at 147 lbs, Marquez cannot do significantly better than what transpired the first go around.
Its not like Marquez will officially weigh 147 lbs and come in as a full fledged welterweight vs Pacquiao next saturday.
Marquez still has all the physical disadvantages vs Mayweather with or without Memo that he does'nt have vs Pacquiao.

Against Pacquiao, Marquez only deals with a quickness and speed disadvantage. But vs Mayweather, he deals with every physical disadvantage imaginable simply because Mayweather is naturally just bigger of everything, height, reach, strenghth, power, quickness, speed, you name it.
If thats not enough of a disadvantage, if you can make an argument that Marquez' skills are better than Mayweather's, which alot of people would disagree, but if you could make that argument......you would make the argument that the skill disparity between them is really narrow.
Its not like the disparity in skill thats separates Marquez and Pacquiao, which is significant I feel.

For this reason I feel Marquez at this stage in his career does'nt do a whole lot better than he did before Memo.
Memo imo is a help, but I still feel that the Marquez who fought Mayweather would have handled any version of Manny Pacquiao.

Lets be real here. Floyd Mayweather at this stage of the game is a bonafide ELITE WELTERWEIGHT, JMM and Pacquiao are not!
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #39
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
every top boxer is on peds. idiots
Not according to Pac****s. Manny's PED head is all god given. He's the only one clean in the sport.
markq is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #40
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
That was a completely irresponsible quote from Roach whether they're guilty or not
Yep....Very reckless opinions from a guy who has a lot of people who listen. His comments are clearly a biased perception most likely based on personal feelings towards Ariza. Unfortunately for Freddie, Manny likes having Ariza around and can't go over PAC's head so he's relegated to throwing low blows as a way to diminish or hurt his role within the camp.

It looks like Freddie has already been successful in phasing out Alex's role based on what we've heard and it's clear Alex has been throwing his own subtle jabs at Freddie in recent interviews. Roach hasn't been so subtle.

Last edited by KnuckleUp99; 12-01-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #41
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_truth View Post

Interesting enough, JMM agrees with you. There's a video on ESPN golpe a golpe where JMM criticizes Jose Sulaiman for stating that testing in boxing should stay the way it is, that the fighters dont care one way or the other if they're taking steroids or not.
Marquez slammed Sulaiman over that statement and said, of course a clean fighter cares if he's at a disadvantage because your opponent is using steroids. Marquez went on to say Sulaiman was irresponsible for making such a statement.
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #42
mr. piff
The Ring General
ESB Addict

vCash: 254

Quote:
Depending on how Juan looks... You might right I wouldn't mind a rematch with may and Marquez.
He has had a longer time to truly adjust and acclimate himself to the heavier weight, and therefore I believe he will give a better performance than last time vs mayweather.
mr. piff is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #43
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Take it from me 99, a huge Marquez fan. At this stage in their careers and at 147 lbs, Marquez cannot do significantly better than what transpired the first go around.
Its not like Marquez will officially weigh 147 lbs and come in as a full fledged welterweight vs Pacquiao next saturday.
Marquez still has all the physical disadvantages vs Mayweather with or without Memo that he does'nt have vs Pacquiao.

Against Pacquiao, Marquez only deals with a quickness and speed disadvantage. But vs Mayweather, he deals with every physical disadvantage imaginable simply because Mayweather is naturally just bigger of everything, height, reach, strenghth, power, quickness, speed, you name it.
If thats not enough of a disadvantage, if you can make an argument that Marquez' skills are better than Mayweather's, which alot of people would disagree, but if you could make that argument......you would make the argument that the skill disparity between them is really narrow.
Its not like the disparity in skill thats separates Marquez and Pacquiao, which is significant I feel.

For this reason I feel Marquez at this stage in his career does'nt do a whole lot better than he did before Memo.
Memo imo is a help, but I still feel that the Marquez who fought Mayweather would have handled any version of Manny Pacquiao.

Lets be real here. Floyd Mayweather at this stage of the game is a bonafide ELITE WELTERWEIGHT, JMM and Pacquiao are not!
Don't get me wrong.....Floyd would beat Marquez again. But I more than confident that this version of Juan would give this version of Floyd more problems than what was presented for Floyd a few years back.

The physical disadvantages men like PAC and Juan have when faced with a guy like Floyd is clear...reach, height, strength. Now that Juan has put in the time to allow his body acclimate fighting within the Welter Weight limit, there's no question he's physically a different fighter than he was back then. The addition of memo only highlights the present form we see before us and who's responsible for getting JMM's body to respond. Nacho does what he does and now because JMM had to move up to higher weights, Heridia has his place amongst the Marquez team.

I don't believe JMM's skills are less than that of Mayweather.... Styles make fights....Juan is a counter puncher but who also is marginally aggressive. With Floyd Juan had a LOT of things going against him but one of the main reasons he lost besides what we both covered in our posts is that he had the wrong strategy for fighting someone like Floyd. JMM needed to throw more combinations, plain and simple. Easier said than done, I know....but the fact that his core foundation is that of a counter puncher going against "THE BEST" pure counter puncher didn't help his cause.

Fact is pressure....and in Floyd's case, Pressure & a southpaw stance present their own problems for Floyd's style. Couple that with the fact that PAC who has the speed, power and reflexes that rival Floyd means this fight is a lot more equally matched than some Floyd fans want to believe. Floyd himself is telling all of us exactly what he feels about the kind of risk PAC presents and NO....the risk is NOT really the "A Side"....it has to do with knowing the kind of style that Floyd doesn't like is embodied by the boxer whom the WORLD has been expecting him to fight.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #44
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. piff View Post
Depending on how Juan looks... You might right I wouldn't mind a rematch with may and Marquez.
He has had a longer time to truly adjust and acclimate himself to the heavier weight, and therefore I believe he will give a better performance than last time vs mayweather.

If Divac and a few others who are going against the grain on this 4th installment of PAC vs JMM, and we see Juan dominating....There's NO question JMM vs Mayweather 2 will be on the mind of the boxing world. I just don't see anyone dominating.....the best we can hope for is someone getting lucky and lands a perfect shot that ends the rivalry once and for all.....But best believe as long as it last, the fighters are going to give just as well as they are receiving.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #45
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

" think if we got rid of all the strength and conditioning coaches in the world, they're all way overrated and b------t, if we got rid of every one of them, we'd have no drugs in boxing....it's true."

yes Roach its all true. argument is flawed.
DobyZhee is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum