Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #46
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Roach confession that Ariza was Pac's drug dealer? (Sweet science article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Of course! Styles make fights and JMM had a LOT of things against him when he first moved up 2 weight classes to meet Floyd. PAC has the style and the physical tools to cause Floyd problems. Juan causes problems for PAC and vise versa. I'm 100% confident that JMM who had just moved up 2 weight classes to fight Floyd was NOT at his very best. He was drinking his own piss for that fight. I feel this version of JMM with the help of Memo is a far better Marquez than the version Floyd faced when he came out of retirement. Depending on how Juan looks....I may want to see what a rematch with Floyd looks like.
No he doesn't...there's nothing about Manny's "style" that's going to trouble Floyd.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #47
HeavyPuncha
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Roach confession that Ariza was Pac's drug dealer? (Sweet science article)

You guys are a bunch of ****ing queers and morons. It's called ****ing PROMOTION!
HeavyPuncha is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #48
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
No he doesn't...there's nothing about Manny's "style" that's going to trouble Floyd.
I respect your opinion.....but I think I'll stick with my understanding of how the sweet science works. Regardless of what some of his most loyal fans may believe.....there are elements that some fighters have that are problematic for the P4P Champ. Not to worry....that mis conception is very common within that group.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #49
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPuncha View Post
You guys are a bunch of ****ing queers and morons. It's called ****ing PROMOTION!
naive
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #50
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Don't get me wrong.....Floyd would beat Marquez again. But I more than confident that this version of Juan would give this version of Floyd more problems than what was presented for Floyd a few years back.

The physical disadvantages men like PAC and Juan have when faced with a guy like Floyd is clear...reach, height, strength. Now that Juan has put in the time to allow his body acclimate fighting within the Welter Weight limit, there's no question he's physically a different fighter than he was back then. The addition of memo only highlights the present form we see before us and who's responsible for getting JMM's body to respond. Nacho does what he does and now because JMM had to move up to higher weights, Heridia has his place amongst the Marquez team.

I don't believe JMM's skills are less than that of Mayweather.... Styles make fights....Juan is a counter puncher but who also is marginally aggressive. With Floyd Juan had a LOT of things going against him but one of the main reasons he lost besides what we both covered in our posts is that he had the wrong strategy for fighting someone like Floyd. JMM needed to throw more combinations, plain and simple. Easier said than done, I know....but the fact that his core foundation is that of a counter puncher going against "THE BEST" pure counter puncher didn't help his cause.

Fact is pressure....and in Floyd's case, Pressure & a southpaw stance present their own problems for Floyd's style. Couple that with the fact that PAC who has the speed, power and reflexes that rival Floyd means this fight is a lot more equally matched than some Floyd fans want to believe. Floyd himself is telling all of us exactly what he feels about the kind of risk PAC presents and NO....the risk is NOT really the "A Side"....it has to do with knowing the kind of style that Floyd doesn't like is embodied by the boxer whom the WORLD has been expecting him to fight.
While both Mayweather and Pac are fast, I dont think Pacquiao is nearly as quick at Mayweather.
You can anticipate that Mayweather's shoulder roll defense defense is'nt as effective vs southpaws. If that turns out to be true, I believe even while negating the shoulder roll mobile with his feet, Mayweather's quickness advantage is going to show.

Pacquiao was'nt nearly as aggressive vs Marquez as he's been with other welters and that includes Bradley in his last fight. Precision and accurate punching do that to Pacquiao.
Being that Mayweather is quicker and carries more power than Marquez, I just dont see where Pacquiao will be allowed to turn on his bursts of speed and come in charing at Mayweather the way he's done most welters without paying a significant price.

With Mayweather, Pacquiao is going to have someone countering with precision power pot shots that will be on the mark.
Mayweather's shots carry more power than that of Marquez' and they will definitely be a detterent if ever they were to meet.

If Marquez were a bonafide natural welterweight who could look lean and trim officially weighing in at 147 lbs, I'd pick Marquez on Dec 8th to brutally knockout Manny Pacquiao and do it with ease.

Marquez is not a solid natual welterweight, Mayweather however is!
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #51
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
While both Mayweather and Pac are fast, I dont think Pacquiao is nearly as quick at Mayweather.
You can anticipate that Mayweather's shoulder roll defense defense is'nt as effective vs southpaws. If that turns out to be true, I believe even while negating the shoulder roll mobile with his feet, Mayweather's quickness advantage is going to show.

Pacquiao was'nt nearly as aggressive vs Marquez as he's been with other welters and that includes Bradley in his last fight. Precision and accurate punching do that to Pacquiao.
Being that Mayweather is quicker and carries more power than Marquez, I just dont see where Pacquiao will be allowed to turn on his bursts of speed and come in charing at Mayweather the way he's done most welters without paying a significant price.

With Mayweather, Pacquiao is going to have someone countering with precision power pot shots that will be on the mark.
Mayweather's shots carry more power than that of Marquez' and they will definitely be a detterent if ever they were to meet.

If Marquez were a bonafide natural welterweight who could look lean and trim officially weighing in at 147 lbs, I'd pick Marquez on Dec 8th to brutally knockout Manny Pacquiao and do it with ease.

..and so is pac.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #52
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
If Divac and a few others who are going against the grain on this 4th installment of PAC vs JMM, and we see Juan dominating....There's NO question JMM vs Mayweather 2 will be on the mind of the boxing world. I just don't see anyone dominating.....the best we can hope for is someone getting lucky and lands a perfect shot that ends the rivalry once and for all.....But best believe as long as it last, the fighters are going to give just as well as they are receiving.
The only way I'd be intrigued to watch another installment of Marquez-Mayweather would be if Marquez would to dominate Pacquiao every minute of every round like Pacquiao is a child, and then dispose of him in solid fashion.
That my friend is not going to happen.
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #53
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
..and so is pac.
I agree, Pacquiao is not a bonafide welterweight. I stated so in a previous post.

What is you point?
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #54
Yungkiid16

vCash:

Roach goin in on those subliminal shots...
Old 12-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #55
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

I believe both men have great speed and reflexes that are very comparable. Only a fight would prove which one of us are right. I won't hold my breath as if we are ever going to find out which one of us are correct.

PAC definitely needs to be more aggressive which is the theme of this training camp. In order for his style and qualities to be the most effective Manny has to be applying pressure.

The problem with PAC is as he's gotten older and he's added new wrinkles to his skill sets, he's become more cerebral and less instinctual. PAC needs to apply intelligence to his pressure but TOO MUCH "intelligence" can be counter productive for a guy with PAC's tools.

Pac doesn't charge in the way most "Brawlers" do....he's got a very unorthodox foundation which he's always had where his rhythm is really difficult to hone in on. Timing PAC is difficult...not impossible...but definitely difficult as even a sharp shooter like Juan has had difficult time landing at his career average when he faces Manny. PAC also comes in with combinations which creates risk for the less risky fighter.

Usually a counter puncher is use to seeing opportunities over a single punch...like a jab or straight right. It's harder for a counter puncher like Floyd to counter 3 or 4 punches in a row as opposed to just one.

No matter what....who ever is fighting Floyd has to be willing to accept that there's going to be a hefty price to pay if you come to win. But it helps if you have the right tools and game plan in place to have a chance in toppling the unbeaten Mayweather. PAC has more than a punchers chance in my opinion and I believe Floyd knows this.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #56
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
The only way I'd be intrigued to watch another installment of Marquez-Mayweather would be if Marquez would to dominate Pacquiao every minute of every round like Pacquiao is a child, and then dispose of him in solid fashion.
That my friend is not going to happen.
We agree on that. Not that it's impossible, but highly unlikely based on how the 36 previous rounds have went.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #57
jakelamotta
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Roach is spot on abt strength and conditioning coaches... all bullshit and ariza is in fact a **** loving faggot. In other words, these roid dealers are necessary evils to level the boxing playfield in the 21st century.. which brings me to my final point: that Paulie Magic Man needs to get with the times and hire one of these roids dealers and rocket to the type of the P4P rankings... Paulie + Roids = Paulie + Power = wrecking machine!!
jakelamotta is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #58
juice20
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 430

Does Roach think everyone is uneducated and stupid?! S&C coaches being out of the sport in no way gets rid of PEDS, and a good coach is an asset to a fighter. Period. You'd have to eliminate doctors, physio therapists, local gym rats, bodybuilders, power lifters, anti aging clinics, supplement stores etc etc etc from ever having contact with the atheletes to even have a chance of eliminating PEDs. And that doesn't even cover the true sources, which would need to be outlawed, which will never happen since there is clinical use for these hormones in human and veterinary medicine. ****ing laughable. A good S&C coach is invaluable beyond any potential drug ties.
juice20 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #59
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakelamotta View Post
Roach is spot on abt strength and conditioning coaches... all bullshit and ariza is in fact a **** loving faggot. In other words, these roid dealers are necessary evils to level the boxing playfield in the 21st century.. which brings me to my final point: that Paulie Magic Man needs to get with the times and hire one of these roids dealers and rocket to the type of the P4P rankings... Paulie + Roids = Paulie + Power = wrecking machine!!
You either have it or you dont, roiding up to the tilt is not going to give you punching power. At least not enough to make a difference.

The proof is Vinny Pazienza.
Pazienza was as roided a fighter as there ever was, it only helped him add on mass to be competitive for the next weight class, it did not increase his punching power.

PED's would only help Malignaggi add mass and be able to carry a higher workrate without gassing, it wont make him a power punching sensation.
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #60
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

This thread is mightily PacTard free. interesting
macho_grande is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum