ok
unitas is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 09:18 AM   #17
boxing fan
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guzman vs Arthur is such a mismatch

i cant see aurther winning this but he will go down fighting he has a big heart,
do your best alex thats all we ask,then move up a weight and see what happens there
boxing fan is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #18
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Alex Arthur UD... wish they would step him up in class.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #19
AAA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Dunky makes some good points. It is the needless thread after thread, all covering the same topic that is a bit of a pain, not (in my opinion) the newbie thing.

Plus for some reason a complete unwillingness by the mismatch crowd to allow people to have another opinion. You think it is a massive mismatch? Fair enough. But if people think Arthur has a chance, thats surely fair enough too?
AAA is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #20
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Course AAA has a chance he is well schooled, hits hard and is game as f*ck... stop been negative and lets get behind the guy. Guzman pisses me off anyway with his little tyson impresonations before fights. Go AAA!!!
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #21
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboGoz
Ha, I've read a few posts of yours today Dunky (the Hatton thread too), all good, and although I think Arthur is a **** of a boy and I always will, its posts like the thread starter that are almost pulling me towards an Arthur Avatar.

That and your rallying of the troops on this board

What the **** is happening to me?

You know whats happening JamboGoz my good man. When us scots are the underdogs, thats when we are at our most dangerous! & as almost everyone is writing Arthur off as simple cannon fodder, memories of Scotland humping France twice at the football recently, memories of Ken Buchanan whupping p4p great Ismael Laguna in his own country pop into our minds & we think "**** the doubters, our boys gonna do it!"
Ken Buchanan did it before against the odds, so theres no reason why Alex with a hostile home crowd behind him cannot repeat the heroics of Ken boy.
Write the scottish underdog off at your peril! Thats my advice to the Arthur doubters.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #22
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exile
Well Dunky my man, i have now joined the AAA avatar club and will be praying for the win.

Ive said before that i always prefered Harrison to Arthur but when it comes to the crunch the old patriotism is starting to flow freely and im really getting hyped up for this fight.

I fancy the upset to be honest.
Get in there Exile my good man

Like you, I always loved Scotty boy, & if he ever comes back I will get behind him. However, as I said before I feel Scottys too far gone to make a serious comeback, but thats for another thread, that Im going to start shortly
But its Arthur time now, & for a fight of the magnitude of Guzman, hes going to need Scotlands support, & I am confident he will get it!

If Alex pops into Eastside for a read, Im sure it will warm his heart to see so many of us backing him, from all over our country.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 PM   #23
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
Dunky I dont get why everyone slates newbs. you were one at one point to ya know!
I have no problems with newbs Rob, its only the stupid newbs that annoy me.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #24
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
you are one arrogant retard!!!

Just cause someones a newbie dont mean that he is ignorant of boxing. boxing knowlege does not start just with joining this forum.

and you should certainly not critisize someone for a lack of boxing knowelge. lets not forget it was you who tried to sell that ****in drunk scott "prison-rott" harrison to everyone like he was gonna beat someone like marquez and so on.

you just angry cause when britains toilet (yes, scotland) loses its final hypejob in arthur you have nothing left to "school" everyone on.

oh yeah, speaking of your boxing wisdom:

You called mayweather "a hot favorite" going into the hatton match............when in fact the bookies hat pbf only a 2-1 favorite.

yeah, you are the man drunky
You must be a poor judge of character if you attack me for being arrogant when I was only defending the integrity of the established members on this forum.
Think about it, there was already a thread discussing this subject in detail, but then some newb decides "**** the regulars & that other thread that they are debating in detail, Im going to make my own thread to telll everyone that its the worst mismatch of all time".

My god, the newb could have put that post in the original thread, but decided his limited viewpoint deserved a thread of its own. So I get irritated at the perceived lack of respect to me & my fellow ESB'ers, & say so without reverting to petty namecalling, & then you jump in feet first & label me an arrogant retard?
I feel thats pretty harsh in the circumstances.

& then you go on a rant trying to slag off everything about me & my country. I hope you feel better for getting your hatred off your chest, but in future just have the balls to say you cannot ****in stand me instead of pretending to be defending a newb so you can get your petty insults in that were nothing to do with any of the original argument.
As for your point about betting, Mayweather WAS a hot favourite, it just so happened Hattons millions of fans were betting serious money on Hatton winning, & thats why the odds were closer come fight time. Its hardly rocket science you know.

Now get out of here, I have wasted more than enough time on you already.

Go on, git!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 AM   #25
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

With me I am 50/50 on arthur.

I don't think he is an amazing fighter, good enough to be a world champ but SF/W is a very strong divison and Guzman is top 10 p4p.

He chats alot of shit which I don't like, but after fights hes very articulate and seems a nice guy.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #26
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I doubt Guzman will come over for this fight.

Harrisson is quoted as saying he will be world champion within 6 months if he gets his license back. So if AAA gets the title by default then Harrisson will be gunning for him. Being the better boxer he will destroy AAA.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #27
Bomber_uk
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
You must be a poor judge of character if you attack me for being arrogant when I was only defending the integrity of the established members on this forum.
Think about it, there was already a thread discussing this subject in detail, but then some newb decides "**** the regulars & that other thread that they are debating in detail, Im going to make my own thread to telll everyone that its the worst mismatch of all time".

My god, the newb could have put that post in the original thread, but decided his limited viewpoint deserved a thread of its own. So I get irritated at the perceived lack of respect to me & my fellow ESB'ers, & say so without reverting to petty namecalling, & then you jump in feet first & label me an arrogant retard?
I feel thats pretty harsh in the circumstances.

& then you go on a rant trying to slag off everything about me & my country. I hope you feel better for getting your hatred off your chest, but in future just have the balls to say you cannot ****in stand me instead of pretending to be defending a newb so you can get your petty insults in that were nothing to do with any of the original argument.
As for your point about betting, Mayweather WAS a hot favourite, it just so happened Hattons millions of fans were betting serious money on Hatton winning, & thats why the odds were closer come fight time. Its hardly rocket science you know.

Now get out of here, I have wasted more than enough time on you already.

Go on, git!
You say you weren't petty namecalling Dunky but you accused him of having a limited viewpoint and you also read his mind and decided that it was "arrogance to all you established esb'ers". FFS Dunky just because you have a different opinion from this man you have tried to undermine him. This is a messageboard for opinions you know and because you have 10,000,000 posts it doesn't make your opinion 10,000,000 more times relevant than his. I have read many of your posts and you appear to know your onions mate I enjoy reading most that gets put on here but when you are policing the place like you appear to be what hope do any newbs have ?? I have barely posted anything since I joined and when I did I got the old " when hatton gets schooled you won't be here " well guess what I am, and furthermore I love this site but you jumping down someones throat for posting his thoughts are out of order imo and hardly likely to encourage new posters etc to get involved...........
Bomber_uk is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #28
safe_pa
Howlin' Mad
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
cry me a river
That is neither funny or an intelligent comeback.
You FAIL
safe_pa is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #29
blueballs1978
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

You know whats happening JamboGoz my good man. When us scots are the underdogs, thats when we are at our most dangerous! & as almost everyone is writing Arthur off as simple cannon fodder, memories of Scotland humping France twice at the football recently, memories of Ken Buchanan whupping p4p great Ismael Laguna in his own country pop into our minds & we think "**** the doubters, our boys gonna do it!"
Ken Buchanan did it before against the odds, so theres no reason why Alex with a hostile home crowd behind him cannot repeat the heroics of Ken boy.
Write the scottish underdog off at your peril! Thats my advice to the Arthur doubters.
Agreed!

On paper you have to say Guzman but I have a feeling Arthur is going to win - possibly the same feeling some people had about Hatton against PBF but I believe he will do it!

Come on Alex, do Scotland proud!
blueballs1978 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #30
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Yes but AAA is shit so it will not happen. Even if he gets the title by default Harrisson going to whoop his ass by the end of the year.
kurt2006 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum