Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #31
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict

vCash: 622
Default Re: Guzman vs Arthur is such a mismatch

i cant say mismatch, but for me, AAA is going to get the granny beat outta him. i just cant see anyway he can live with guzmans speed, i think the comination punching will confuse him and i honestly see aurther stopped inside four.
stuey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #32
Nalian
Formerly "yesihavearm"
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Guys guys guys.

Im not new to the board. Read my avatar comment, other account has 1000posts.

And no im not going to argue back either. Obviously i've hit a nerve.

I'll just bump this back up after Arthur gets dominated, 12rounds to nil. Hatton had more chance against Money Mayweather - Slim to non existant.

Arthurs looked terrible in his last fights. He's a C-class fighter at best. Guzman is on a different planet.

Ill be sure to bump this up on fight night.
Nalian is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #33
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalian
Guys guys guys.

Im not new to the board. Read my avatar comment, other account has 1000posts.

And no im not going to argue back either. Obviously i've hit a nerve.

I'll just bump this back up after Arthur gets dominated, 12rounds to nil. Hatton had more chance against Money Mayweather - Slim to non existant.

Arthurs looked terrible in his last fights. He's a C-class fighter at best. Guzman is on a different planet.

Ill be sure to bump this up on fight night.

Thats wha I have been saying for a while but some people on this board believe he has earned the right to fight Guzman. He has looked **** in all his fights. He is just above a club fighter and nothing more. Holding the Euro belt means sweet FA. Even fat danny williams and even fatter Sam have held such titles.

Last edited by kurt2006; 02-07-2008 at 03:51 AM.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #34
phonk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhands
dunky,iam a newb dosent mean ive got no knowledge of boxing,ok might not be as well schooled as you in boxing debtes but we all have 2 find our feet on the forum
Did you get Dunkys permission before posting?

phonk is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #35
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

I hope Guzman actually signs the contract for this fight after all thats been said about this match up.

Welcome to the brit forum to all you newbies - enjoy your stay!

elle is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #36
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

I have just finished watching Arthurs fight against Foster and i cant for the life of me see how Arthur can win?

I initially gave him a 60-40 chance but to be honest i think Arthur is preety much made for Guzman, hope i am wrong but i dont think i will be.
KCD is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #37
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

What you so-called 'newbs' are failing to realise is, and the point being made that ****es us off, is when a new member(or old member, but its normally a newb) joins and opens up threads purely to gain attention. Threads like this one, the viewpoint could easily have been put accross in the CURRENT guzman vs Arthur thread, but you felt the need for another thread slandering Alex.

Dunky was not at all trying to say any new member has any less knowledge, but this board is like real ****ing life, you have to gain respect, like it or not. When someone comes up to you in the street and approaches yourself and a big group of your friends, and simply says the team shirt you are wearing are ****, and have no chance, how the **** do you react? EXACTLY. But if its someone you know and like, you take it with a pinch of salt. One way not to get in the good books on here, is by having two posts, opening a thread entitled 'fighter X is ****', posting only a few words inside and so on.

THIS IS OUR SPOT, youre more than welcome, but you act like a ***** straight away in my street, you get no respect and beat the **** up.

Finally, never once have we said Arthur is favouritem but it is not impossible for Alex to win, despite what some of you are saying, he is a technically sound boxer, more so than any other British fighter 135 and below besides Khan. Fact. Watch one of his fights and tell me he has no skills. Is it such a ****ign bad thing that we want our fellow scot to win, without some jumped up little ***** of a fanboy coming in and saying he is ****. **** off with that ****.
Smith is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #38
rendog67
The firestarter
ESB Senior Member

expect to see harrison vs arthur very soon
rendog67 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #39
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Why are you being such an ass?
Because he is a *****.
Smith is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #40
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
I'm going to agree with Dunky on this one - he wasn't being particularly offensive. I'm getting sick of posts from people who have just joined the board that announce their opinions and then are surprised that people come and argue. For Unitas to have a go at Dunky and then launch into a tirade of insults was no point at all.

In light of people over-reacting, I'm going to add an AAA avatar for the week of the fight.
Thankyou Fluxstuff my good man
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 04:50 AM   #41
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonk
Did you get Dunkys permission before posting?

Its 'REVENGE OF THE NEWBS'
Old 02-07-2008, 04:57 AM   #42
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber_uk
You say you weren't petty namecalling Dunky but you accused him of having a limited viewpoint and you also read his mind and decided that it was "arrogance to all you established esb'ers". FFS Dunky just because you have a different opinion from this man you have tried to undermine him. This is a messageboard for opinions you know and because you have 10,000,000 posts it doesn't make your opinion 10,000,000 more times relevant than his. I have read many of your posts and you appear to know your onions mate I enjoy reading most that gets put on here but when you are policing the place like you appear to be what hope do any newbs have ?? I have barely posted anything since I joined and when I did I got the old " when hatton gets schooled you won't be here " well guess what I am, and furthermore I love this site but you jumping down someones throat for posting his thoughts are out of order imo and hardly likely to encourage new posters etc to get involved...........
I cannot ****in believe your post newb...

ME undermine HIM???

Read it again, & this time read it properly. The guy came in & attacked me & my country, & I come back & defend myself with a reasoned argument & its ME in the wrong? The mind boggles, it really does...

Read my earlier posts. I dont hate newbs, just the stupid ones. & you fall into the latter category with nonsense posts like that. However Im not judging you too early, as we all make mistakes from time to time. You got a second chance my man, as Im in a good mood this fine morning.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:26 AM   #43
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith
What you so-called 'newbs' are failing to realise is, and the point being made that ****es us off, is when a new member(or old member, but its normally a newb) joins and opens up threads purely to gain attention. Threads like this one, the viewpoint could easily have been put accross in the CURRENT guzman vs Arthur thread, but you felt the need for another thread slandering Alex.

Dunky was not at all trying to say any new member has any less knowledge, but this board is like real ****ing life, you have to gain respect, like it or not. When someone comes up to you in the street and approaches yourself and a big group of your friends, and simply says the team shirt you are wearing are ****, and have no chance, how the **** do you react? EXACTLY. But if its someone you know and like, you take it with a pinch of salt. One way not to get in the good books on here, is by having two posts, opening a thread entitled 'fighter X is ****', posting only a few words inside and so on.

THIS IS OUR SPOT, youre more than welcome, but you act like a ***** straight away in my street, you get no respect and beat the **** up.

Finally, never once have we said Arthur is favouritem but it is not impossible for Alex to win, despite what some of you are saying, he is a technically sound boxer, more so than any other British fighter 135 and below besides Khan. Fact. Watch one of his fights and tell me he has no skills. Is it such a ****ign bad thing that we want our fellow scot to win, without some jumped up little ***** of a fanboy coming in and saying he is ****. **** off with that ****.
Exactly Smithy.
Some of these newbs seem to forget its more than just a mere post count, its the effort that goes into that post count. Its qualityAND quantity that counts, & Im never going to give newbies respect who come in & act like they know it all when we dont even know who thay are, or what they stand for.
They whinge "but Dunk, we are newbs & should be respected" ****in earn it then. I havent posted here for years just to have some newb come in & think they can start threads off dissing the regulars as if they dont even exist, when we put a lot of blood sweat & tears into the forum.
It might not be right us regulars getting ****ed off at some of the newbs, but just like the newbs have the freedom to come in & disrespect the regulars here, us regulars should hve the right to tell them we arent happy with them if they are arrogant ****s without earning the right to be.
& newbs coming in & being cheeky as **** without the posts to back it up? **** 'em. & I would like to think many of the other regulars here feel that way too, like us.
& all the bull**** that I hate newbs? There are certain 'newbs' here who got my respect right away. Cos if you are a good poster, I can spot it right away. As I have always said, its not newbs I hate, just stupid/ disrespectful newbs.

Im not asking for newbs to come in & ****lick the regulars, Im just asking for newbs to try & argue sensibly until they establish themselves instead of talking to the vets here like we dont matter. I mean, if it wasnt for the vets/regulars here, would the forum be so appealing?
Old 02-07-2008, 05:50 AM   #44
Bomber_uk
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read , this is a forum mate you are taking this way too serious talking about respect your street etc , I have my own opinions and whether or not it gets me your respect or not mi owd is nether here nor there in my eyes.

I understand that you don't want the board clogging up with endless posts on the same topic like we had before the pbf v hatton fight but give the guy a break maybe he didn't see the other thread.........
Bomber_uk is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #45
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Bomber, I think Smithy was using his street as an example to help explain his point better.

I also agree with Dunky on the offensive post that was aimed towards him and his country. Surely people cannot expect to come onto a forum and slag off a nation of people and expect zero retaliation, as a Scotsman I found it offensive and childish too.
kerrminator is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum