Old 02-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #46
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guzman vs Arthur is such a mismatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator
Bomber, I think Smithy was using his street as an example to help explain his point better.

I also agree with Dunky on the offensive post that was aimed towards him and his country. Surely people cannot expect to come onto a forum and slag off a nation of people and expect zero retaliation, as a Scotsman I found it offensive and childish too.
Yes you can't slag off a nation. Scottish people are cool. Rob Carlyle is a good actor and James Toney swears by Hagis, Tunnocks Caramel bars and Irn Bru.

They may be shit at football, rugby , cricket and a whole host of other sports but so are the English.

Just like we have shit overrated boxers in England so do the Scottish and AAA is one such boxer.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #47
Nalian
Formerly "yesihavearm"
ESB Full Member

Man this thread made me laugh hard.

Some people take stuff WAY to seriously
Nalian is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #48
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
Yes you can't slag off a nation. Scottish people are cool. Rob Carlyle is a good actor and James Toney swears by Hagis, Tunnocks Caramel bars and Irn Bru.

They may be shit at football, rugby , cricket and a whole host of other sports but so are the English.

Just like we have shit overrated boxers in England so do the Scottish and AAA is one such boxer.

I'd hardly call Arthur over-rated as even his Scottish fans are calling him a big underdog and theres been nothing said about him to suggest he is being hailed as a great boxer. Arthur is a decent boxer imo with a decent punch and great chin (Gomez showed us it takes alot to floor him)
I've always found him to be a bit too upright but I've also noticed he puts in his best performances when he is in his toughest fights and the fact that Guzman seems not to have carried his power up the weights then I reckon he is in with a better chance than Ricky did against PBF and no-one called that a mismatch (although myself and plenty others THOUGHT PBF would win)

There's a bunch of boxing fans here that want to get behind Arthur for the biggest night of his career and if thats a crime then find us guilty, but the needless, numerous threads insulting him are uncalled for and they were intended to get exactly the sort of reaction they recieved.
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #49
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I reckon he is in with a better chance than Ricky did against PBF and no-one called that a mismatch (although myself and plenty others THOUGHT PBF would win)

There's a bunch of boxing fans here that want to get behind Arthur for the biggest night of his career and if thats a crime then find us guilty, but the needless, numerous threads insulting him are uncalled for and they were intended to get exactly the sort of reaction they recieved.
I called the Hatton fight a mismatch ans never understood why he got a chance against PBF. Just like now I do not understand why AAA has got a shot at Guzman. It is like putting Julius Francis in with Wlad, a complete waste of time and it will prove nothing.

You want to get behind him then that is good but if others think he is crap and Guzman will destory him then there is nothing wrong with that.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #50
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:

Thats wha I have been saying for a while but some people on this board believe he has earned the right to fight Guzman. He has looked shit in all his fights. He is just above a club fighter and nothing more. Holding the Euro belt means sweet FA. Even fat danny williams and even fatter Sam have held such titles.
Just above a club fighter your very apparent disrespect for boxers and what they achieve makes me question why you even watch boxing
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #51
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
Just above a club fighter your very apparent disrespect for boxers and what they achieve makes me question why you even watch boxing
It is disrespect to Guzman that he has to fight AAA. He should be fighting the top dogs not someone who has had received a leg up with WBO rankings thanks to his promoter.

I watch boxing so I can see poetry in action and skilled warriors fighting each other. I do not watch it to see crappy boxers fight for world titles. I would rather watch two good boxers have a competitive fight than a one sided match like Hattons fight against PBF or AAA and Guzman. AAA is not even fit enough to carry Guzmans jockstrap.

Just like Danny Williams did not deserve a shot at Vitali, the same is true in this case.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #52
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
It is disrespect to Guzman that he has to fight AAA. He should be fighting the top dogs not someone who has had received a leg up with WBO rankings thanks to his promoter.

I watch boxing so I can see poetry in action, skilled warriors fighting each other. I do not watch it to see crappy boxers fight for world titles.
If it's that disrespectful who's making Guzman take the fight? he could easily vacate the title. Good enough boxers don't need titles to make superfights.

If you don't watch it to see crappy boxers fight, how come your so blessed with knowledge on every Arthur fight so far? when I say blessed with knowledge, I actually mean you can come on these boards and say he's been shite every fight.
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #53
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
If it's that disrespectful who's making Guzman take the fight? he could easily vacate the title. Good enough boxers don't need titles to make superfights.

If you don't watch it to see crappy boxers fight, how come your so blessed with knowledge on every Arthur fight so far? when I say blessed with knowledge, I actually mean you can come on these boards and say he's been shite every fight.
AAA Nuthugger

What is Guzman supposed to do when some bastard promoter in England gets his mates at the WBO to manipulate the rankings ?

He is shit, go watch any of his fights and you can see for yourself. Burns made him look like a monkey, gomez ****ed him up good and proper and next guzman is going to destroy him. Please enlighten me and tell me of a fight where Arsehole AA has looked world class. Please spare me the Gogo fight as just like Arsehole AA he was over-rated.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #54
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Good point Tam

Comments like the jockstrap one are what makes your argument seen as an attempt to shark.

Wether or not you think AAA deserves his shot most people reckon he does and you surely dont believe that Ricky didnt earn a shot at PBF?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #55
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Kurt, you seem to have a lack of respect for some fighters achievements.

To win something like a European title takes a lot of dedication and hard work and is a great achievment and Arthur has done that already.

You dont sound like someone who appreciates boxing imo.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #56
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Good point Tam

Comments like the jockstrap one are what makes your argument seen as an attempt to shark.

Wether or not you think AAA deserves his shot most people reckon he does and you surely dont believe that Ricky didnt earn a shot at PBF?
Nope ricky did not deserve a shot at PBF. Hatton had done sweet FA at welter so why the fck let him fight PBF ? He struggled against Collazo and was gifted the decision. Hatton was not even fit to carry PBF's diamond encrusted jockstrap.

Saying that Hatton deserved to fight PBF is like saying Butterbean deserves to fight Wlad.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #57
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Kurt, you seem to have a lack of respect for some fighters achievements.

To win something like a European title takes a lot of dedication and hard work and is a great achievment and Arthur has done that already.

You dont sound like someone who appreciates boxing imo.
Belts mean fck all especially when ****** can magic you rapid rises up the WBO ratings or give you a cheapo WBU belt. Lets leave AAA aside look at Jennings he was rated no.1 till Mutley beat him. Jennings had done sweet fa to warrant the no.1 rating. Same goes for AAA.

Any how Harrisson is going to get his license back and will be boxing at Super FW. So AAA will have to play second fiddle to the great Harrisson.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #58
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Belts mean fck all especially when ****** can magic you rapid rises up the WBO ratings or give you a cheapo WBU belt. Lets leave AAA aside look at Jennings he was rated no.1 till Mutley beat him. Jennings had done sweet fa to warrant the no.1 rating. Same goes for AAA.

Any how Harrisson is going to get his license back and will be boxing at Super FW. So AAA will have to play second fiddle to the great Harrisson.
Perhaps ****** has power within the WBO but no-one from Franks stable have done it any tougher than the route AAA has taken. The WBO was beside the point though, I had said AAA won the Euro title and ****** has no jurisdiction there and the Euro scene is tough.

Arthur earned his ranking and is getting a shot (deservedly so imo)
Old 02-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #59
Bomber_uk
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Bomber, I think Smithy was using his street as an example to help explain his point better.

I also agree with Dunky on the offensive post that was aimed towards him and his country. Surely people cannot expect to come onto a forum and slag off a nation of people and expect zero retaliation, as a Scotsman I found it offensive and childish too.
I understood that mate, I am not trying to defend what he has said about scotland or arthur or whoever. I am purely defending him on his first post before Dunky jumped down his throat cos he posted a extra thread about Arthur when there was already one there
Bomber_uk is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #60
Bomber_uk
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

...and for the record I do think AAA deserves his shot, his European achievements should not be sniffed at as it is no mean feat and I shall be rooting for him bigtime when he takes Guzman on. My gut feeling is Guzman ud, but Alex has a punchers chance and we have all seen it before so why not
Bomber_uk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum