Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #76
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: This Generation is Ending. I'll explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkis View Post
The fight could still well happen in 2013 imo, with all the money still in the table for both of them to make of it before they soon retire. Thing is like you said it really isn't the fight it would've been in 2010, not by a long shot.
Enough with the hope

The fight's long overdue already
jan_fan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #77
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Donaire, ward and broner are likely to be the next big p4p names.

I'm more interested in who will be the next great heavyweight when wlad retires. Price, Fury, Pulev, Adamek or Arreola I reckon.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #78
alakran
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2123

I hate the fact that Tim Bradley and Andre ward will be fighting for the #1 p4p spot, I guess it goes to show that the #1 and #2 p4p only meet around each others weight class once in a lifetime and this time they didn't chose to fight each other
alakran is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #79
smjm089
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakran View Post
I hate the fact that Tim Bradley and Andre ward will be fighting for the #1 p4p spot, I guess it goes to show that the #1 and #2 p4p only meet around each others weight class once in a lifetime and this time they didn't chose to fight each other
Tim Bradley fighting for the number1 p4p spot is a sad day for boxing people who say boxings in good health should just look at that, Bradleys a nice guy,good heart and chin but battling for p4p no1 is a sad reflection on modern boxing.
smjm089 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #80
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezel8764 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That clip is enough to make anyone fall in love with the sweet science
pound is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #81
BoneCollecter
Warrior Poet
ESB Full Member

its a true story....father time is undefeated
BoneCollecter is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #82
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Donaire, ward and broner are likely to be the next big p4p names.

I'm more interested in who will be the next great heavyweight when wlad retires. Price, Fury, Pulev, Adamek or Arreola I reckon.
None of those guys have the makings of being a great heavyweight. Especially not Adamek and Arreola. It'll be a period of a lot of exchanging belts, but no dominant Klitschko-like force.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #83
Bing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 778

Im ahppy with the new crop people will get nostalgic and say its not as good as the era that passed but that used to happen when Morales and the like were on the up 1st transition for me as a fan and its exciting times in boxing
Bing is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #84
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
None of those guys have the makings of being a great heavyweight. Especially not Adamek and Arreola. It'll be a period of a lot of exchanging belts, but no dominant Klitschko-like force.
Time will tell but just consider that almost a decade ago wlad was seen as a joke and vitali's failed brother. Who would have thought he'd break the top 15 list of great heavyweights.

I'm not saying one will be great, I'm saying I'm looking forward to seeing the situation develop.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #85
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Time will tell but just consider that almost a decade ago wlad was seen as a joke and vitali's failed brother. Who would have thought he'd break the top 15 list of great heavyweights.

I'm not saying one will be great, I'm saying I'm looking forward to seeing the situation develop.
Thats a very reasonable comment. The problem with the end of the last generation is that guys got too entrenched in their positions as top money earners. This generation is abunch of good fighters all relatively at the same place in their careers and one of them is going to have to go out and grab the glorry. I'm going to enjoy sitting back and watching it happen. May we look forward to 3 or 4 years of good fights and guys putting it all on the line.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #86
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

Quote:

I agree with this, you just never know who will be the next star. Haye would destroy them all though.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #87
OBCboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Got into boxing five years ago when this generations fighters were in their prime....crazy how time flies but the sport will be in good hands
OBCboxer is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #88
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_money View Post
Thats a very reasonable comment. The problem with the end of the last generation is that guys got too entrenched in their positions as top money earners. This generation is abunch of good fighters all relatively at the same place in their careers and one of them is going to have to go out and grab the glorry. I'm going to enjoy sitting back and watching it happen. May we look forward to 3 or 4 years of good fights and guys putting it all on the line.

yeah I imagine there'll be a bit of a hiatus whilst the belts are fractured I just hope one man stands above the rest like Tyson did in the 80s.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #89
alakran
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjm089 View Post
Tim Bradley fighting for the number1 p4p spot is a sad day for boxing people who say boxings in good health should just look at that, Bradleys a nice guy,good heart and chin but battling for p4p no1 is a sad reflection on modern boxing.
it is a sad day, he couldnt convincingly beat an old Pacquiao and he has no chance against Mayweather either but he will be the one to probably take the #2 p4p spot
alakran is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #90
alakran
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing View Post
Im ahppy with the new crop people will get nostalgic and say its not as good as the era that passed but that used to happen when Morales and the like were on the up 1st transition for me as a fan and its exciting times in boxing
it will be an era with good competetive fights (if they happen) but so far none of these guys have the charisma to keep boxing under the spotlight like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Margarito, the Mexican trio and other did
alakran is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum