boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
Niall_Tucker94

vCash: 500
Default Rythem in boxing ??

could somebody explain to me what rythem is when it comes to footwork,punching etc.
Niall_Tucker94 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515
Default Re: Rythem in boxing ??

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPM1q_Uyxc"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPM1q_Uyxc[/ame]
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
CHAL_DIESEL
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
hilarious
CHAL_DIESEL is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Rythm in boxing is not that different from rythm in dancing. It's kind of hard to explain, but picture someone who moves kind of herky-jerky when they shadowbox or spar (like most noobs). Then look at a more experienced boxer who floats effortlessly - even though they are moving fast, they look like they're dancing cuz their upper body and hands and feet are seemingly syncronized. When they duck or slip, or rotate, they aren't just reacting to punches, they are anticipating them beforehand.

Similarly, someone who's learning a dance for the first time, lacks the smoothness and effortlessness of someone more experienced. That more experienced dancer can not only match the rythm of the song, but add their own little ad-libs without losing the timing.

So in boxing, rythm helps make your movements quicker & more fluid and make your punches more in line with your steps, therefore making you more efficient, spending less energy while being quicker and maintaining better position.

If you were hypothetically to step and punch and duck & slip to the beat of a song, that's an example of rythm. Realistically, you'd never want to be THAT predictable, but that's a very basic example. Boxers that have rythm leverage this basic idea and change up the speeds and frequencies very quickly.

I don't think there's an easy way to describe having rythm in boxing, but I hope this helped.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnzofi_QltI[/ame]
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #6
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
Rythm in boxing is not that different from rythm in dancing. It's kind of hard to explain, but picture someone who moves kind of herky-jerky when they shadowbox or spar (like most noobs). Then look at a more experienced boxer who floats effortlessly - even though they are moving fast, they look like they're dancing cuz their upper body and hands and feet are seemingly syncronized. When they duck or slip, or rotate, they aren't just reacting to punches, they are anticipating them beforehand.

Similarly, someone who's learning a dance for the first time, lacks the smoothness and effortlessness of someone more experienced. That more experienced dancer can not only match the rythm of the song, but add their own little ad-libs without losing the timing.

So in boxing, rythm helps make your movements quicker & more fluid and make your punches more in line with your steps, therefore making you more efficient, spending less energy while being quicker and maintaining better position.

If you were hypothetically to step and punch and duck & slip to the beat of a song, that's an example of rythm. Realistically, you'd never want to be THAT predictable, but that's a very basic example. Boxers that have rythm leverage this basic idea and change up the speeds and frequencies very quickly.

I don't think there's an easy way to describe having rythm in boxing, but I hope this helped.

ill tell you something though, maybe its just me but once i completely ****yze and know what the other person is doing you sort of get into this zone of complete confidence and you attack like it's completely natural also sort of like you're dancing.
r1p00pk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing