Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #31
box-now
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 458
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4s1m
i bet u were one the people who was hoping Amirs Legs would give way right ? there wasnt a single moment in the fight when amir looked in any bit of trouble against st clair.
and there wasnt a single moment when little 5ft 4 feather weight st clair looked in trouble either. Its only a matter of time before his leg's do give way iam happy to wait!
box-now is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #32
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

I doubt Khan v Hatton would ever happen.

Would be odd though if these two fought without facing their biggest domestic rivals first - namely Thaxton and Witter.
elle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #33
w4s1m
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 93
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
I doubt Khan v Hatton would ever happen.

Would be odd though if these two fought without facing their biggest domestic rivals first - namely Thaxton and Witter.
the big differnce is that Witter would cause Hatton alot problems where as Thaxton would just suit amir and he would outbox him and stop him within 6
w4s1m is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #34
w4s1m
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 93
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by box-now
and there wasnt a single moment when little 5ft 4 feather weight st clair looked in trouble either. Its only a matter of time before his leg's do give way iam happy to wait!
i think Amir did what he had to against tough boy like st clair who wasnt going to open up from his defence and beat him by his superior boxing skills.

well his legs were supposed to have given away when he fought Earl.
w4s1m is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #35
w4s1m
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 93
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
i'm injured.
oh right. sorry to hear that. when are u back in the gym?
w4s1m is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #36
box-now
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 458
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4s1m
the big differnce is that Witter would cause Hatton alot problems where as Thaxton would just suit amir and he wob him of and stop him within 6
i think khan would suit thaxton down to the ground cause it would just take one good punch and khan would be down, if it went the distance i do think khan would win though. And for what its worth i think Khan would fight thaxton but fw wont allow it cause he knows just how bad that chin is.
box-now is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #37
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4s1m
the big differnce is that Witter would cause Hatton alot problems where as Thaxton would just suit amir and he would outbox him and stop him within 6

If Thaxton is made for Khan as you say it begs the question why he doesn't just fight him.

Actions speak louder than words.
elle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #38
box-now
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 458
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4s1m
i think Amir did what he had to against tough boy like st clair who wasnt going to open up from his defence and beat him by his superior boxing skills.

well his legs were supposed to have given away when he fought Earl.
earl was done big time he looked like he needed a count before the fight started. Why do you think everyone of khan's opponinets has a very low KO rate? just by chance!
box-now is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #39
w4s1m
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 93
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
If Thaxton is made for Khan as you say it begs the question why he doesn't just fight him.

Actions speak louder than words.
i think that Amir and his team would just like to fight world ranked opponents to boost his ranking inorder for him to get a world title fight and by beating thaxton it would not boost him up enough as thaxton is not rated by any of world bodys.

i would love Amir to fight Thaxton just for him to shut alot people up but then people would just say that ****** is protecting him from best in the division. AK is a no win situation with people on ESB
w4s1m is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #40
puremental2
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 67
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

hatton ko khan before 6
puremental2 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #41
w4s1m
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 93
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by box-now
earl was done big time he looked like he needed a count before the fight started. Why do you think everyone of khan's opponinets has a very low KO rate? just by chance!
this will be the same if he fights thaxton as people were saying he has to fight earl and then when he stops him in 72 seconds all the excuses come out with that earl was shot. i can just see it when amir stops thaxton people wil say thaxton was passed it.

Amir is still a novice and he is upping his standard in opponents at a quicker rate then the likes of hatton and calzaghe had done when they had 16 fights. he is still only 21, look at froch the guy is just about got on to world level after **** knows how long and people dont have a go at him for calling Calzaghe out after he has beaten a shot robin ried
w4s1m is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #42
box-now
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 458
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4s1m
i think that Amir and his team would just like to fight world ranked opponents to boost his ranking inorder for him to get a world title fight and by beating thaxton it would not boost him up enough as thaxton is not rated by any of world bodys.

i would love Amir to fight Thaxton just for him to shut alot people up but then people would just say that ****** is protecting him from best in the division. AK is a no win situation with people on ESB
Its not a case of being in a no win situation the guy has a VERY bad chin, only fights guy's with a low ko record. Call's guy's out then wont fight them .He is a very good boxer and very fast but very nearly got KO'D of a light punching super feather weight then tell's people how he will be a world champ in the next 6 mths hardly a way to get praise is it.
box-now is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #43
box-now
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 458
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4s1m
this will be the same if he fights thaxton as people were saying he has to fight earl and then when he stops him in 72 seconds all the excuses come out with that earl was shot. i can just see it when amir stops thaxton people wil say thaxton was passed it.

Amir is still a novice and he is upping his standard in opponents at a quicker rate then the likes of hatton and calzaghe had done when they had 16 fights. he is still only 21, look at froch the guy is just about got on to world level after **** knows how long and people dont have a go at him for calling Calzaghe out after he has beaten a shot robin ried
Well i have i think Froch calling out Calzaghe is a joke, and i dont think he has fought anyone of real class either tbh. The main reason people want thaxton v khan is because thaxton has a decent punch is the british champ and its the right thing to do after calling someone out and slagging them off in the press.
box-now is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #44
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4s1m
i think that Amir and his team would just like to fight world ranked opponents to boost his ranking inorder for him to get a world title fight and by beating thaxton it would not boost him up enough as thaxton is not rated by any of world bodys.

i would love Amir to fight Thaxton just for him to shut alot people up but then people would just say that ****** is protecting him from best in the division. AK is a no win situation with people on ESB

I agree that part of the reason Khan is looking to sidestep Thaxton is because of his youngest british world champ aspirations.

I don't believe its the only reason though as Thaxton does present a genuine risk to Khan in my opinion - he is a known puncher and Khan has yet to face one yet.

Despite his performance against St Clair the questions over Khan's chin remain unanswered - fighting Thaxton could settle that one way or the other.
elle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #45
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4s1m
oh right. sorry to hear that. when are u back in the gym?
In about six weeks mate.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013