MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571
Default Re: Offical: Kell Brook vs Devon Alexander, Jan. 19th, Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
Now hey come on now! He did blast Gary Lockett out
And Miranda and Rubio. And did better than ****ing Macklin and "ill stand here and let him punch my ear drum out" Barker.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #92
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000
Default Re: Offical: Kell Brook vs Devon Alexander, Jan. 19th, Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
Just reading comments by Alexander's trainer Kevin Cunningham.

Can't really argue with anything he says there. Alexander's already faced better in Bradley, and possibly even Matthysse. Going to be a tough night for Brook I think.
Whats your point? He lost to both guys.

Kotelnyk beat the shit out of Devon and Brook is bigger, faster and a bigger puncher. If Alexander gets tagged consistently like he did in that fight he's getting sparked.

Alexander is yet to face a legit WW, beating a fat Maidana and shot Randall 'I throw one punch per round' Bailey dont mean shit. Alexanders only way of beating Brook is to outbox him which nobody has come close to doing before. Kells kryptonite looks to be pressure fighters, Devon is a runner.

Honestly cant see how Alexander wins without another generous portion of gourmet homecooking. Lets hope LA gives foreign fighters a fairer shake than St. Louis
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #93
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewishamboy View Post

Kotelnyk beat the shit out of Devon and Brook is bigger, faster and a bigger puncher. If Alexander gets tagged consistently like he did in that fight he's getting sparked.

Alexander is yet to face a legit WW, beating a fat Maidana and shot Randall 'I throw one punch per round' Bailey dont meank shit. Alexanders only way of beating Brook is to outbox him which nobody has come close to doing before. Kells kryptonite looks to be pressure fighters, Devon is a runner.

Honestly cant see how Alexander wins without another generous portion of gourmet homecooking. Lets hope LA gives foreign fighters a fairer shake than St. Louis
If a club fighter had Brook "gassed" and bleeding out multiple orifices Maidana slaughters him.

Devin had close fights with Kotelnik, Mattyshee and was extremely competitive against Bradley until he quit. Scored Kotelnik a draw, and Mattysee clear for Mattysee. Had Bradley up a couple rounds at best when the fight was stopped although Bradley was clearly starting to take over.

Beat Urango, Witter, Maidana.

Now compare that too Brook who has beat nothing but Eurobums and got a lucky decision against a club fighter.

Its clear Brooks team has chosen an opponent in Devon they know they likely wont have to fight inside against. Devon is also inaccurate and is easy to counter.

After ducking Bradley this is a clear cherry pick by Brooks team knowing no way he would survive against the harder more complete fighters inthe division.

Still Devon has fought at a much higher level and his activity and movement is going to cause Kell Brook major problems.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #94
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Quote:

Alexander is yet to face a legit WW, beating a fat Maidana and shot Randall 'I throw one punch per round' Bailey dont mean shit. Alexanders only way of beating Brook is to outbox him which nobody has come close to doing before. Kells kryptonite looks to be pressure fighters, Devon is a runner.

My point is Alexander has faced that level of opposition, and Brook hasn't. That experience is valuable on a big night. Nobodie's come close to outboxing Brook because he hasn't faced anyone with the talent to do it. Alexander is a level above what he's been in with. He is faster than Brook, has a high workrate, is pretty slick, with a decent chin displayed by Matthysse's inability to get more than a flash knockdown against him. I'm no big fan of his, but these are the facts.

As Cunningham said, Brook isn't that fast, isn't a power puncher and is pretty easy to hit.

I see Alexander winning a fairly comfortable decision, riding out a storm or two along the way.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #95
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
If a club fighter had Brook "gassed" and bleeding out multiple orifices Maidana slaughters him.

Devin had close fights with Kotelnik, Mattyshee and was extremely competitive against Bradley until he quit. Scored Kotelnik a draw, and Mattysee clear for Mattysee. Had Bradley up a couple rounds at best when the fight was stopped although Bradley was clearly starting to take over.

Now compare that too Brook who has beat nothing but Eurobums and got a lucky decision against a club fighter.

Its clear Brooks team has chosen an opponent in Devon they know they likely wont have to fight inside against. Devon is also inaccurate and is easy to counter.

After ducking Bradley this is a clear cherry pick by Brooks team knowing no way he would survive against the harder more complete fighters inthe division.

Still Devon has fought at a much higher level and his activity and movement is going to cause Kell Brook major problems.
The 147 version of Maidana that fought Alexander gets punished by Brook trust me

Bradley beats Brook at this point, wise move from Hearn to go the IBF route. A win over Alexander on the big stage will give him the confidence and experience to do well against the big dogs, hardly a cherrypick tho
Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #96
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
My point is Alexander has faced that level of opposition, and Brook hasn't. That experience is valuable on a big night. Nobodie's come close to outboxing Brook because he hasn't faced anyone with the talent to do it. Alexander is a level above what he's been in with. He is faster than Brook, has a high workrate, is pretty slick, with a decent chin displayed by Matthysse's inability to get more than a flash knockdown against him. I'm no big fan of his, but these are the facts.

As Cunningham said, Brook isn't that fast, isn't a power puncher and is pretty easy to hit.

I see Alexander winning a fairly comfortable decision, riding out a storm or two along the way.
First time ive seen Alexander described as slick, he's easy to hit. If either guy is slicker its Brook
Old 12-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #97
No_mas
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Devon is : overrated
: No heart
: Zero skills
: And the former champion come the 19th of January

Kell will KO this overrated over hyped bum within 8 rounds. Thank me later when you take your winnings from the bookie.
No_mas is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #98
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:

How the **** is Brook picking Alexander a cherry pick? He's mandatory challenger to the IBF title. He would of fought whoever had the belt
BretN is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #99
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
magic. 6 rounds of magic against a Club fighter then proceeds to get thumped like a scared child the rest of the fight. Orale.

Tim Bradley stomps him. Pacquiao kos him. Maidana ends his career. Dudes average at best
Maidana ends his career? You watched a Maidana fight at 147? Maidana couldn't even get the weak-chinned Khan out of there but he will end Brooks career?
BretN is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #100
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

Quote:
First time ive seen Alexander described as slick, he's easy to hit. If either guy is slicker its Brook
That's the one thing you took out of that entire post? He ain't slick like Mayweather obviously, but he has his moments. Good display of slick boxing vs Maidana for example. I've seen a lot of both Brook and Alexander, and Brook's easier to hit in my opinion. Alexander has the physical advantages, and has the experience of fighting some of the best out there. Brook's gonna struggle in L.A.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #101
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Kell Brook made mistakes and didn't get the correct people in to help him, because he thought he was doing it correctly by himself, but now he's changed his diet and training regime. People saying Maidana this and that, but I truly believe the guy's power is overrated. And at 147 he most probably lacked power. Let's not forget that Devon is not a natural 147 pounder. Kell is going to be strong at the weight. And people are underestimating Brook's power and precision. He rarely misses with punches and is very accurate, whereas Alexander (and the majority of his opponents) are sloppy boxers and favour speed over accuracy. Look what happened to Khan against a counter punching Garcia. Just because Brook got things wrong in his fight against Jones (who in my opinion, would trouble many people at 147), people want to shoot him down, saying he's not good enough to be at this level. Well, Devon may have fought some top guys, but he's lost every time he's stepped up.
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #102
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

By the way, he's a paper champ. He beat an old ass Bailey who got lucky against Mike Jones. Kell would have knocked Bailey out, without doubt!
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #103
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
The 147 version of Maidana that fought Alexander gets punished by Brook trust me

Bradley beats Brook at this point, wise move from Hearn to go the IBF route. A win over Alexander on the big stage will give him the confidence and experience to do well against the big dogs, hardly a cherrypick tho
Maidana blew out Soto Karas in his last fight who beat Carson Jones by wide decision

Kell Brook couldnt handle club fighter Carson Jones. Yet he'd beat Maidana?

Oh and Khan would destroy Brook.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #104
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretN View Post
Maidana ends his career? You watched a Maidana fight at 147? Maidana couldn't even get the weak-chinned Khan out of there but he will end Brooks career?
Brook is nowhere near as talented as Khan. Not even close.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #105
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
Kell Brook made mistakes and didn't get the correct people in to help him, because he thought he was doing it correctly by himself, but now he's changed his diet and training regime. People saying Maidana this and that, but I truly believe the guy's power is overrated. And at 147 he most probably lacked power. Let's not forget that Devon is not a natural 147 pounder. Kell is going to be strong at the weight. And people are underestimating Brook's power and precision. He rarely misses with punches and is very accurate, whereas Alexander (and the majority of his opponents) are sloppy boxers and favour speed over accuracy. Look what happened to Khan against a counter punching Garcia. Just because Brook got things wrong in his fight against Jones (who in my opinion, would trouble many people at 147), people want to shoot him down, saying he's not good enough to be at this level. Well, Devon may have fought some top guys, but he's lost every time he's stepped up.
He's lost 'every time' he's stepped up? He's lost once in his career. And I know people want to say he lost to Matthysse, but it was a close fight, could have gone either way. Even so, if you're classing Matthysse as 'stepping up', then Maidana was stepping up also and he handled him with ease.

For the record, I'm not basing my belief that he'll beat Brook on Brook's performance against Jones, whom he schooled for 6 rounds before he gassed. I genuinely think Alexander has all the physical advantages over him, has the experience that Brook doesn't, and I think has more grit and toughness about him too.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum