Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Price Vs Fury is the British Mayweather Vs Pacquaio = it will never happen

I see Fat Mick and Tyson have been taking lessons from Floyd Mayweather. According to reports today, they want the fight but Price must accept less than 50/50 as Tyson 'is the bigger draw'. They know quite well Price is never going to take less than 50/50. Why should he? It don't take a genius to see Price has the bigger following and more people are excited about him than they are Fury.

This fight will most never happen then. Or if it does it will be when one or both suffer a lost. And then it will have lost its glory. It is only Price/Maloney out the two who want this fight as Price (as do I) see this as an early nights work as Tyson will not be able to take his power.
hughesa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Bobdigi
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1013
Default Re: Price Vs Fury is the British Mayweather Vs Pacquaio = it will never happen

Who told you Price has the bigger following?

Neither have that big fanbases and fury is top 10 and known stateside

Price has knocked out domestic old has beens and bums
Bobdigi is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Price Vs Fury is the British Mayweather Vs Pacquaio = it will never happen

yeah, hennesy is talking some rubbish isn't he. the offer that maloney has on the table is very good for someone at this level, but it looks like he's not interested.

it won't happen at the moment, but i do see it happening down the road. it needs to.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

It makes no sense for it to happen now.

I know brits love a good ole domestic dust up, but there is most to boxing than that.

Fury is world rated, known to the public and one fight away from the wbc title.

Price is tucked away on sky, unknown and unranked.

Sure price in 12 month might be where fury is now, maybe they fight then when it makes sense

Maloney needs to stfu about Fury and get price in with some former contender types and get his career moving.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Can't see it happening sadly. Too many egos involved.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Let's be frank you are only ever really 2 wins away from Fury's position in the rankings. Look at Bellew - Miranda and Bolonti now he is what top 2/3? Silver title bollocks.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

It'll happen when both are in a position to make it. Right now, it'd be a big fight but would it be the mega fight it could be? No, I don't think. They're better off going separate directions and then meeting up when it's an even bigger fight.

It's a dangerous tactic though, as Lopez/Gamboa proved, but that's the best way to make the most money. I certainly don't think it's coming any time soon and if it does happen, I hope it's not after one guy has lost.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Let's be frank you are only ever really 2 wins away from Fury's position in the rankings. Look at Bellew - Miranda and Bolonti now he is what top 2/3? Silver title bollocks.
I think Fury deserves his spot though, very good wins over Chisora and Johnson, two recent contenders
Old 12-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #9
joeh888
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
I think Fury deserves his spot though, very good wins over Chisora and Johnson, two recent contenders
I do agree that Fury looked pretty tidy against Johnson, but there was nothing coming back, and Chisora was awful in their fight last summer.
joeh888 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeh888 View Post
I do agree that Fury looked pretty tidy against Johnson, but there was nothing coming back, and Chisora was awful in their fight last summer.
You have to ask why there was nothing coming back though, it's easy to suggest Johnson is rubbish and never throws, but he has done against every opponent bar Fury and vitali, there might be something to that.

As for Chisora, he was overweight, but so was Fury, and it wasn't Furys fault that chisora showed up like that, the win still counts
Old 12-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
Black_Rainbows
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
yeah, hennesy is talking some rubbish isn't he. the offer that maloney has on the table is very good for someone at this level
It's very good money for a domestic level fight, but there is probably more money in the fight even at this stage.

At the moment, I can't see how it can happen because of the TV issue. Also I doubt Hennessy wants the fight at this time.
Black_Rainbows is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Now would be the best time to do it.

Short of beating a Klitschko, who else can they fight who will sufficiently raise their profile to such a level?

It's not the UK's Leonard vs Hearns I, there's the publicised sparring session, but there's not a pair of fights with Roberto Duran for one, or an execution of a feared puncher like Cuevas for the other.

There's.... Chisora, Helenius. Gee whiz!
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Leonard-Hearns nearly happened quite early on in their careers but Dundee said no, instead of prospect vs prospect we ended up with a massive event.

Hopefully the same will happen with Fury-Price, once Price finishes fighting on Boxnation.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
Furey
EST & REG 2009
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

They'll fight the K brothers before they fight one another.
Furey is online now  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #15
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

600 k is nothing to what they will make if one holds a world title when they fight
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum