Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Lightbulb Am I the only one who wishes Margarito wouldn't have taken the Pacquiao fight?

Imagine all the great fights we could have seen him in a packed division without that damaged eye. Angulo, Kirkland, Cotto (would have been twice as exciting) ... maybe a shot at Canelo at some point too. Marg would have psychologically traumatized those puppies.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372
Default Re: Am I the only one who wishes Margarito wouldn't have taken the Pacquiao fight?

Only scumbags would wish to see a cheating loser who made a career calling out smaller opponents, load up his gloves and lose remain. I would never say this about any professional boxer except for cheating scumbags, I wish he got pummeled harder.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740
Default Re: Am I the only one who wishes Margarito wouldn't have taken the Pacquiao fight?

He clearly wasn't the same fighter anymore. After the Mosley fight he was done. Margarito's style is based much upon the psychology of being unstoppable. He wears his opponents down in an attempt to have them they quit mentally, where he can take over.

Once he lost that aura, he lost a huge part of what made him suuccessful. The most feared man in boxing... Over after Shane Mosley.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

**** 'em.
steviebruno is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Only scumbags would wish to see a cheating loser who made a career calling out smaller opponents, load up his gloves and lose remain. I would never say this about any professional boxer except for cheating scumbags, I wish he got pummeled harder.
Your post is garbage for several reasons.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

I'm sorry, but this Plaster of Paris bullshit is retarded. Cleveland Williams long ago disproved this idea, to prove that Dempsey's gloves weren't loaded.

Quote:
The Boxing Illustrated test proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the plaster of paris would not have held up after the first punch, it would have crumbled and left chunks in his mitts and every punch thereafter would have been quite painful and there is little doubt he would have broken his hands. The inventor of the product issued a statement as to the impossibility of using plaster of paris without breaking all the bones in the hands. Dempsey’s hands were not broken and he continued to punch with authority with both hands. This alone dispels the idea that Dempsey’s gloves were loaded with plaster of paris.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There was NO BRICK found in Margarito's gloves, look at the picture, it was old gauze. Yes, he was trying to put a bundle of old gauze in his gloves, but this whole plaster of paris shit is so stupid. He beat Cotto fair and square too. Dude was shaking hands WITH HIS GLOVES OFF with the team, you think he could get away with that? Oh and the red spot on his gauze was the glove bleeding off, plus the "crack" they always bitch about was ripped gauze, which DOES happen.

I'm amazed at the stupidity of most people, who really think plaster of paris is a realistic way to cheat. For **** sake, if someone had a brick material RIGHT ON THEIR KNUCKLES all fight, it would destroy their hands, probably permanently. Not to mention the opponent would have the entire glove of the opponent to protect them, while the "cheater" his it on his BARE KNUCKLES, he'd destroy his hands into smithereens. This is a mute point though, you simply cannot use plaster of paris in this way...
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
Blackness
Danny Garcia Beat You...
ESB Senior Member

Antonio Margaresto was a journey man who found that plaster worked great against better fighters. Nothing more...

Resto in Peace Tony.
Blackness is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaL View Post
He clearly wasn't the same fighter anymore. After the Mosley fight he was done. Margarito's style is based much upon the psychology of being unstoppable. He wears his opponents down in an attempt to have them they quit mentally, where he can take over.

Once he lost that aura, he lost a huge part of what made him suuccessful. The most feared man in boxing... Over after Shane Mosley.
But you see man... I believe that if that fight happened again, Marg would beat down Mosley.

I know I'm reaching but... The scale at the weigh in was messed up and Marg ended up coming in at 145 losing 2 extra pounds he didn't have to. He came in the ring shook after they got caught with the wraps. Mentally, he wasn't there. I mean just take a look at the fight, Margarito looks weak from the opening bell. His stance, his punches... just looked off.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
Withwhatsmine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I wish Pacquiao had the integrity not to pick up Mosleys scraps after he had been caught cheating and that Pacquiao fans want to act like it means something, whole thing was wrong.
Withwhatsmine is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

Before people wish to spread MORE misinformation about plaster of paris, read post #6, thank you.
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaL View Post
The most feared man in boxing...
Amazing how there are idiots abound who still believe that nonsense.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #12
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax99 View Post
Before people wish to spread MORE misinformation about plaster of paris, read post #6, thank you.
Your post isn't going to change the fact that he got caught loading up, faced a year suspension and his trainer got sacked permanently.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
Undisputed520
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1303

Margarito was bound to get pummeled by an elite boxer puncher.... the guy simply not an elite fighter. Seeing Mosley and Pac ruin him was a victory for justice.
Undisputed520 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #14
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Your post isn't going to change the fact that he got caught loading up, faced a year suspension and his trainer got sacked permanently.
Yeah, I'm sure he did try to load up his gloves. My problem is that Nazzim lied saying he found a "brick," which was just a bundle of old gauze (there are pictures.) Second, morons spread this idea of him using plaster of paris and having "bricks on his hands" vs Cotto, when I had THOROUGHLY showed this is simply implausible. Hell, both Manny and Trinidad are known to put tape across their knuckles, and stack tape, gauze, tape, gauze etc. which when your hands get sweaty, make your wraps SIGNIFICANTLY harder too. I wish there were equal standards...
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
patscorpio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 950

nope because who knew beforehand that pacquiao would beatdown margarito the way he did...i thought the fight would go the same way as pac-clottey..in that comeback fight with garcia after mosley i thought margarito was just rusty as hell not shot, the second fight with cotto margarito was shot to pieces
patscorpio is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum