Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default 3 things May, Pac, Ward, Trout, Guerro have in common

None are perfect humans, all great fighters, and ALL give glory to Jesus Christ. I don't want to turn this in to a huge religious debate (though if I do so be it). I respect everybodies beleifs, or lack of beleifs, but I've heard several people on this forum talk about how people turn to religion, or christ because they, themselves are WEAK.
Just wanted to point out all these fighters obviously felt the need for Jesus in their lives even though there highly skilled/ highly successful they felt like they couldn't make it alone. Watching Trout made me realize... this guy could cave in at any moment, give in to the pressure, but he's using his faith to carry him through along with god given talent.
I'm not saying atheists are not skilled, not warriors, or implying anything like that (because plenty are), but the thought of being less of a man because they beleive in something you don't and can't see... Think guys like this prove otherwise. This thread don't matter to many I doubt, but none the less wanted to point it out for those that it would.
Primenal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Mr. Sandman
27-2 (21 KO)
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: 3 things May, Pac, Ward, Trout, Guerro have in common

God is a ***got and so are you.
Mr. Sandman is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

As someone said once
"People need a super hero friend to get them through life"
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mr. Sandman - So much anger my man. I will keep you on my prayer list.
ACS - If that's what you beleive... Can you deny it being true in their case? I don't think anybody can deny somebody like Andre Ward has a true boxing gift. Why doesn't everybody have the same gifts? How can some fighters train for years to accomplish seemingly nothing while others are born talented at the game? Bible clearly says we are born with unique gifts and talents (everybody gifted at something). Also says to work on those talents and develop them more so (which he has done).
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
Mr. Sandman - So much anger my man. I will keep you on my prayer list.
ACS - If that's what you beleive... Can you deny it being true in their case? I don't think anybody can deny somebody like Andre Ward has a true boxing gift. Why doesn't everybody have the same gifts? How can some fighters train for years to accomplish seemingly nothing while others are born talented at the game? Bible clearly says we are born with unique gifts and talents (everybody gifted at something). Also says to work on those talents and develop them more so (which he has done).
Alright mate dont get all spiritual on me
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
stillth3sameg
Woolly Rhino
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 5707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
God is a ***got and so are you.
You know, I'm not religious by any means but there are repercussions for saying things like that.

Good luck. You're going to need it.
stillth3sameg is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
stillth3sameg
Woolly Rhino
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 5707

Also, this belongs in the lounge
stillth3sameg is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #8
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
Alright mate dont get all spiritual on me
Just stating what it says. The quote you posted I've heard several people say things like that, and is the reason I made the thread to begin with.
With that thinking people are calling anybody who beleives in something higher (such as christ) as being weak, and it being a crutch. I wonder if anybody would possibly say that to these guys in person? I doubt.. Just don't understand how guys like this could be referred to as "weak" in a sense, and yet be warriors we wish we could be.
Explain your reasoning. I'm more than willing to listen.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #9
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Ive never seen Floyd give praise to Jesus Christ. Ive even seen someone ask him about it and he still didnt acknowledge Jesus. I dont believe he is a christian from what ive seen and heard in his interviews. Im not passing judgement. Just saying ur incorrect about Floyd giving praise to Jesus Christ. He praises God, but not the Messiah.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #10
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillth3sameg View Post
You know, I'm not religious by any means but there are repercussions for saying things like that.

Good luck. You're going to need it.
Lol I wasn't gonna say it. I personally prayed for the guy (literally) after that comment. I don't think he's going to drop dead over tomorrow (hope not), but yeah we do reap the things we sowe. Your probably right about the lounge. I wasn't sure since I was talking about boxing in a sense, and unsure if it'd go towards more with boxers or a big religious debate.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 01:10 AM   #11
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
None are perfect humans, all great fighters, and ALL give glory to Jesus Christ. I don't want to turn this in to a huge religious debate (though if I do so be it). I respect everybodies beleifs, or lack of beleifs, but I've heard several people on this forum talk about how people turn to religion, or christ because they, themselves are WEAK.
Just wanted to point out all these fighters obviously felt the need for Jesus in their lives even though there highly skilled/ highly successful they felt like they couldn't make it alone. Watching Trout made me realize... this guy could cave in at any moment, give in to the pressure, but he's using his faith to carry him through along with god given talent.
I'm not saying atheists are not skilled, not warriors, or implying anything like that (because plenty are), but the thought of being less of a man because they beleive in something you don't and can't see... Think guys like this prove otherwise. This thread don't matter to many I doubt, but none the less wanted to point it out for those that it would.
You saw what you saw because you want to see something that validates what you believe. I respect religion but I think it's best use is as a set of fables for children who need good examples to follow and moral guidance. I don't think it has much use for mature intelligent adults. I don't think it has much barring on a man doing the job he's spend his entire life training to do.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #12
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
As someone said once
"People need a super hero friend to get them through life"
And some people need teddy bears to help them sleep at night.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #13
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

OP is a legit re****. Do you realise how many things play a factor in somebodies personal beliefs/talents/personalities/success?
You are a simple stupid man and may god have mercy on anybody who takes you seriously. They're people playing a sport, they're not that amazing. They believe in god because they were raised to believe in god, it works for them because it makes them feel like there is something controlling the things they can't control. It helps decrease stress for these people. People aren't 'weak' or 'strong', they just believe different things to get by. If these fighters were intellectually honest and spent some time researching with a truly open mind then I'm sure they wouldn't believe in one of the 3000 different gods that humans have created throughout time.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #14
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Lol I wasn't gonna say it. I personally prayed for the guy (literally) after that comment. I don't think he's going to drop dead over tomorrow (hope not), but yeah we do reap the things we sowe. Your probably right about the lounge. I wasn't sure since I was talking about boxing in a sense, and unsure if it'd go towards more with boxers or a big religious debate.
Did you know that it's well documented that people pay more attention to and give more credence to things that align with that persons already established beliefs? You're biased and not looking at the big picture, you're not looking at all the factors and you are undoubtedly a moron.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #15
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

According to Foreman, he didn't genuinely believe in God when he was demolishing Frazier and Norton. I'm just saying.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum