boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Are the Klitschko brothers losing the plot?

I start to wonder if Wlad and Vitali are starting to lose the plot. Vitali seems to honestly believe that Haye is scared of him, which makes **** sense, since Haye now has signed a contract where eihter of the siblings can show up in the ring. And according to qoutes from Wlad, he seems to expect that Haye can be dealt with like all other challangers: exhaust him with the jab and clinches, then go for the kill.

Compare that with some qoutes from the Hayemaker (about Wlad):

"Hes smart fighter. Ive seen him adapt to fighters."

"Hes not the easiest guy to take out clean."

"I'm not going to hope Wladimir runs out of steam after six rounds because I know he won't."

Perhaps I read too much into the trash talking, but does it not sound like the Klitshcko brothers are underestimating their foe, while Haye sounds like he realize what he is up against and plans to get down to business with it?

Thoughts?

AnotherFan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Are the Klitschko brothers losing the plot?

Quote:
Perhaps I read too much into the trash talking, but does it not sound like the Klitshcko brothers are underestimating their foe, while Haye sounds like he realize what he is up against and plans to get down to business with it?
That's because they both know they can knock Haye out with their jab alone, and Haye seems to have realized it as well.

They're stronger, they've got better stamina, they've got more power, they've got more punch resistance (Wlad is on the same level as Haye in this department), they're more accurate, they defend better, they jab better.

Haye is going to have to hope that the lone Hayemaker lands and hurts while he's still standing.
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akxtinguish View Post
That's because they both know they can knock Haye out with their jab alone, and Haye seems to have realized it as well.

They're stronger, they've got better stamina, they've got more power, they've got more punch resistance (Wlad is on the same level as Haye in this department), they're more accurate, they defend better, they jab better.

Haye is going to have to hope that the lone Hayemaker lands and hurts while he's still standing.
This...^
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
PowerHoock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 225

the Klitschkos fight better when the're ****ed!

they have 2 of the most talented boxing bodies in the history of the sport, but they have a pasivists mindset:(

Haye will tear down a few walls...
PowerHoock is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Entogenictwin
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

agreed totally...
Entogenictwin is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

were these quotes recent cause it sounds like Haye is singing a new tune

well the Klitschkos I think are only responding to the trash talk from a few years ago

Maybe they are over confident maybe not but its better than being scared

or are they talking more trash than usual out of fear if that makes sense

I dont know and im not about to try and enter the mind of two of the most focused champions who show the least emotion

though lately Vitali was angry after not getting rid of Briggs and was angry when Solis could not continue

the first times id ever seen him evidently mad
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
dvb
Contender
ESB Senior Member

klitschkos are talking ****!,they are smart people,they wont make any mistakes in underestimating Haye.

perhaps they might be lying to themselves about being comfortable with his style to make themselves feel more confident,but im sure they will try and get ready for him as best as possible.And Haye can lose if he doesnt train right and stay focused/doesnt make glaring mistakes.

Haye can talk some real truth's,he doesnt overestimate himself or underestimate opponents,he and booth know what haye does well,and also what he does not do well. He knows and respects what klits do well but also knows their weaknesses and how to expliot them.
dvb is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

neither brother will ever underestimate another fighter... Wlad has admitted it many times he did that with Sanders. He has never and will never do that again

there is a difference between confidence and ****y... also a difference between conifdence and underestimating. They do not underestimate anyone

Like wlad said.... "This is HW, 1 punch can end any fight at any time for both fighters in the ring. You cannot underestimate anyone in the ring. as soon as you do, your done"
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherFan View Post
I start to wonder if Wlad and Vitali are starting to lose the plot. Vitali seems to honestly believe that Haye is scared of him, which makes **** sense, since Haye now has signed a contract where eihter of the siblings can show up in the ring. And according to qoutes from Wlad, he seems to expect that Haye can be dealt with like all other challangers: exhaust him with the jab and clinches, then go for the kill.

"I'm not going to hope Wladimir runs out of steam after six rounds because I know he won't."

Thoughts?

Haye is scared of Vitali. Went and fought Sugar Nico Valuev and put on one of the most pathetic and disgraceful performances I have ever seen.

Haye knows he has ZERO chance at beating Vitali Klitschko. None. The guy isn't stupid. He is a business man first and a Boxer second.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
4ybak
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherFan View Post

Thoughts?

and how does this match with statements like this:
Haye "I eat tall, chinny eastern european heavyweights for breakfast"

Haye is a **** talker
4ybak is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #11
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Haye is scared of Vitali. Went and fought Sugar Nico Valuev and put on one of the most pathetic and disgraceful performances I have ever seen.

Haye knows he has ZERO chance at beating Vitali Klitschko. None. The guy isn't stupid. He is a business man first and a Boxer second.
This.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
cesare-borgia
bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

Quote:

completely agree with this
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #13
elTerrible
TeamElite General Manager
East Side Guru

If Haye had fought a lot of other top heavies and just had issues with the Klit fight happening then I could write it off it being down to issues with the contracts or whatever.... but its not just the Klits, he hasnt fought anyone worth a **** at heavy and hes been there for several years now. In his championship fight he ran like a ***** the entire night and threw under 200 punches over 12 rounds. He is a true coward.
elTerrible is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post

Agreed with the most part of it. Haye would surely fight Wlad before Vitali, who wouldnt? And whats absolutely true, is that Haye is a brilliant business man, he has made a phenomenon of himself mostly by talking (trash-talking that is). And props for him for doing that, Haye has almost solely created tension to his clash with Klitschko and by doing that he has brought the lime-light back top HW -division.

Zero chance is a bit too thick though. This HW and Vitali isnt afraid of trading punches. Id say that Vitali would be 80-20 favorite to win Haye and Wlads 70-30 (shoot from the hip, have admit, these %).
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
neither brother will ever underestimate another fighter... Wlad has admitted it many times he did that with Sanders. He has never and will never do that again

there is a difference between confidence and ****y... also a difference between conifdence and underestimating. They do not underestimate anyone

Like wlad said.... "This is HW, 1 punch can end any fight at any time for both fighters in the ring. You cannot underestimate anyone in the ring. as soon as you do, your done"
I don't mind to hear that. It would be to sad if Haye would beat Wlad, since Haye is the champ that wants to get out of the sport as fast as possible, and with as few fights as possible. How exciting is that?
AnotherFan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum