Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #46
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675
Default Re: Pacquiao - Marquez 4 Analysis/Possible Outcomes

Like Divac said. Pac tried your "perfect" strategy in the 3rd fight and that is why he got schooled. You dont outbox JMM unless you are PBF.

Pacs best chance has always been for JMMs age to show up and land some big shots to keep him down. Otherwise if JMM is still fresh it will be more of the same. I have a strange feeling this wont go to a decision either way. I think for the first time ever there will be a TKO in this one. Either JMM in the mid rounds or Pac in the late rounds.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #47
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBOX View Post
Box off the back foot? Forget that. Do what he does best, it's been winning so far.

Use hand speed, throw any and all type of leather at him, jab jab left straight, right hook counter, straight left leads.

I don't mean any disrespect to the Marquez fans and the boxing technicians but Marquez can not go punch for punch with Pacquiao, he will look for perfectly timed punches while Pacquiao throws more leather. Pacquiao will win on the cards and most of you will scream robbery, oh well.

Pacquiao is the betting favorite, and this aint no trap bet that odds makers like to pull from time to time. Most people are already riding with Marquez so making him the dog would be like serving stacks of bills on a platter, Pacquiao is the legit favorite and the odds reflect that.
To me Pac is 1-1-1, I can honestly say I scored those with 0 bias and tried to be as objective as possible. Even if Pac had won 3-0, IMO given Pac's performances against other opponents, HE SHOULD beat JMM easy.

This is a guy who destroyed MAB, MAB went tooth and nail with JMM. Floyd whitewashed JMM, Cotto gave Floyd a tough fight, Pac destroyed Cotto. Guys that JMM struggle with, MAB, Juan Diaz, Katsidis (not really but still a war) - Pac would destroy them.

What I'm saying is, Pac-JMM is very close because of the stylistic matchup. On paper Pac should beat him handily, but as is the case, JMM gives him the toughest fight out there and thats simply down to "styles makes fights". So yea I understand JMM is using his best style against Pac's best style, but what if the dynamics were to change and Pac uses a different style forcing JMM to use a different style. Now if "styles makes fights", and we got a different styles/gameplan, then maybe that style will work in Pac's favour, or JMM's.

Personally, I think if Pac got on his bike, he would get a CLEAR decision over JMM. It will be a boring fight but thats the price you pay for a clear victory sometimes. Then again, I could be wrong and judges just score it all for JMM for being the aggressor.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #48
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 18000

I think about this fight and I don't know what way it will go. It could be a replica of the 3rd fight but I think Marquez knows he might have to do another little bit and Pacquaio will look to tweak his strategy/style, not sure if it can be done at this stage in his career. The extent that each man has regressed (if any) is unfathomable until they step into the ring. Its also impossible to see how the judges will score it: they will be very self-conscious each time they score a round because the eyes of the boxing world will be on them.

In short I wouldn't be very surprised with any outcome, barring a total shut-out for either man or a Marquez KO win.
Collie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #49
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity View Post
To me Pac is 1-1-1, I can honestly say I scored those with 0 bias and tried to be as objective as possible. Even if Pac had won 3-0, IMO given Pac's performances against other opponents, HE SHOULD beat JMM easy.

This is a guy who destroyed MAB, MAB went tooth and nail with JMM. Floyd whitewashed JMM, Cotto gave Floyd a tough fight, Pac destroyed Cotto. Guys that JMM struggle with, MAB, Juan Diaz, Katsidis (not really but still a war) - Pac would destroy them.

What I'm saying is, Pac-JMM is very close because of the stylistic matchup. On paper Pac should beat him handily, but as is the case, JMM gives him the toughest fight out there and thats simply down to "styles makes fights". So yea I understand JMM is using his best style against Pac's best style, but what if the dynamics were to change and Pac uses a different style forcing JMM to use a different style. Now if "styles makes fights", and we got a different styles/gameplan, then maybe that style will work in Pac's favour, or JMM's.

Personally, I think if Pac got on his bike, he would get a CLEAR decision over JMM. It will be a boring fight but thats the price you pay for a clear victory sometimes. Then again, I could be wrong and judges just score it all for JMM for being the aggressor.
I just don't see that working for Pac. Sure, I guess Pac can fight off the back foot if he wanted to, but for that to actually work against someone like JMM, you can't just be competent at it, you have to be actually really really good at it, and I just don't think Pac is good enough at it to work against JMM.

IMO, (not including round 1 of the 1st fight) the toughest time JMM had with Pac was in the 2nd fight when Pac was aggressive and effective enough for his feints to prevent JMM from dictating the rhythm, resulting in a fight where no one was ever truly in control and it was a back and forth affair. By the 3rd fight, either JMM had either truly figured Pac out or Pac just wasn't aggressive enough (or a little of both) and JMM was able to control the rhythm of the fight.

Against a lesser fighter, I can see Pac having success baiting his opponent and engaging at his discretion, but not against JMM. As was mentioned earlier, JMM is more disciplined, more experienced and simply better at it compared to Pac.
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #50
Harvin87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

WAR JMM Wide UD
Harvin87 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #51
randy brown
$$$
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 250

while i don't disagree with this divac dude.. whenever he's talking about marquez why does it seem like he's a kid opening up a present.. very anxious, excited, apprehensive. seems like he's about to pee or some shit
randy brown is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #52
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
The Bradley fight bombed with Pacquiao, it would have to be on free HBO for Marquez.

Add to that, another Pacquiao loss and Pac's stock drops even further on the PPV market.
Not to mention a Mayweather-Pacquiao possible fight gets tossed completely out the window.

The problem here is that if Pacquiao loses, he's a dimished on the PPV market. I dont see Pac-Rios doing more than 1 million PPV if Pacqiuao walks in there having lost to Marquez.
I think a fight with Pacquiao will always sell especially if he is up against a young, ****y, undefeated, Mexican brawler like Rios.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum