Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-14-2007, 05:38 AM   #1
PeterNielsen70
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Joe will take a beating Nov. 3rd.

I just watched Joe against Bika yesterday – what a technical lousy fight from both fighters – no way in hell Joe will outbox Kessler Nov. 3rd. Joe still has the speed in his hands, but the pounces are delivered with no depths and pop. Joe has to get on the inside to land his hooks combos – and these combos were by no means precise in the Bika fight. Joe was troubled by Bika’s physical strength, but Kessler is stronger than Bika. Not to mention how open Joe leaves himself when trying coming in. Whenever getting tagged Joe immediately loses his head and his overview. Don’t think Joe will be competitive against Kessler. A wide Kessler UD or mid round stoppage.
PeterNielsen70 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2007, 05:45 AM   #2
BennitheHill
Danish journalist
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Joe will take a beating Nov. 3rd.

Don't think one should put to much in the Bika performance. Joe is still top class and imo it's a pick em fight.
Bika was a nightmare for Calzaghe because of his style, but Kessler doesn't fight this way at all, so I think it would be stupid to regard the Bika fight as something Kessler should do...
BennitheHill is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 06:07 AM   #3
hitman howe
Journeyman

man i like both fighters, calzages gonna either hand his ass to him or hes gonna get manhandled like mundine vs sam soliman.cant wait for this!!!!!!
hitman howe is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 06:22 AM   #4
PeterNielsen70
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennitheHill
Don't think one should put to much in the Bika performance. Joe is still top class and imo it's a pick em fight.
Bika was a nightmare for Calzaghe because of his style, but Kessler doesn't fight this way at all, so I think it would be stupid to regard the Bika fight as something Kessler should do...
I know that Bika is a dirty and difficult man to fight. I was, however, disappointed with Joe’s lacking abilities to box Bika. It has been clamed that Joe is capable to fight from the distance, if that is what is needed. But I couldn’t see much of these abilities in this fight. Good news for Kessler – but bad news if your hoping for a close competitive fight Nov. 3rd. Have you any plans regarding new video up-loads on YouTube by the way - I can recall having seen your name before?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:36 AM   #5
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterNielsen70
But I couldn’t see much of these abilities in this fight.
You need to look at more of his fights then. I hope for Kessler's sake that his trainer has done more homework than you!
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 06:36 AM   #6
BennitheHill
Danish journalist
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
I know that Bika is a dirty and difficult man to fight. I was, however, disappointed with Joe’s lacking abilities to box Bika. It has been clamed that Joe is capable to fight from the distance, if that is what is needed. But I couldn’t see much of these abilities in this fight. Good news for Kessler – but bad news if your hoping for a close competitive fight Nov. 3rd. Have you any plans regarding new video up-loads on YouTube by the way - I can recall having seen your name before?
I might upload some new things later on, but right now I don't intend to upload..

Sorry to disappoint you mate
BennitheHill is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 06:41 AM   #7
PeterNielsen70
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
You need to look at more of his fights then. I hope for Kessler's sake that his trainer has done more homework than you!
I have seen Joe against Eubank, Sheika, Mitchell, Lacy, Manfredo and some other fights. Thats plenty to evaluate his abilities.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #8
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

Quote:
I have seen Joe against Eubank, Sheika, Mitchell, Lacy, Manfredo and some other fights. Thats plenty to evaluate his abilities.
You have listed some fine matchups there but you have rated Calzaghes chances on the Bika fight?? I hope MK is hoping on a similar performance of Calzaghe.
mattress is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 07:11 AM   #9
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I see a draw. I just cannot quite envisage either man winning, dont know why. I guess it is a true 50 50
Haye is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #10
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

After watching Kessler made to work against Andrade, I think Joe will win a one sided fight.

He's a tad overrated for beating guys not as agood as Calzaghe.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #11
WelshintheUS
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The Bika fight is a terrible one to use to Analyse Kesslers chances, unless Kessler comes to try and be as dirty as that ****er.
WelshintheUS is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 09:36 AM   #12
Rollo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
After watching Kessler made to work against Andrade, I think Joe will win a one sided fight.

He's a tad overrated for beating guys not as agood as Calzaghe.

You can´t judge Calzaghe on the Bika fight, and you can´t judge Kessler on the Andrade fight. Andrade is strong as hell and his chin s from out of space! Joe would´ve pulverized both his hands if fought Librado. And kessler would never have engaged in a brawl against Bika.
Rollo is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #13
PeterNielsen70
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
You can´t judge Calzaghe on the Bika fight, and you can´t judge Kessler on the Andrade fight. Andrade is strong as hell and his chin s from out of space! Joe would´ve pulverized both his hands if fought Librado. And kessler would never have engaged in a brawl against Bika.
I'm just saying that Joe couldn't control Bika from the distance, and Joe's inside game wasn't at all impressive and precise.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #14
joeboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I just watched Joe against Bika yesterday – what a technical lousy fight from both fighters – no way in hell Joe will outbox Kessler Nov. 3rd. Joe still has the speed in his hands, but the pounces are delivered with no depths and pop. Joe has to get on the inside to land his hooks combos – and these combos were by no means precise in the Bika fight. Joe was troubled by Bika’s physical strength, but Kessler is stronger than Bika. Not to mention how open Joe leaves himself when trying coming in. Whenever getting tagged Joe immediately loses his head and his overview. Don’t think Joe will be competitive against Kessler. A wide Kessler UD or mid round stoppage.
you may want to watch more than one fight of Calzaghe's before you start a thread about how he is going to lose...
joeboxer is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 01:53 PM   #15
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

It's possible if Joe Calzaghe gets old overnight, but I doubt it happens....

Calzaghe by UD
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum