Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
stegsie
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default VIP Boxing Press Release - TALENTED BROUGH RETURNS

TALENTED BROUGH RETURNS AT LIVERPOOL’S OLYMPIA

Nathan Brough’s promising boxing career gets kick-started again on Saturday December 8 when he clashes with Welshman Paul Davies on VIP Promotions’ ‘Scouse Land’ at Liverpool’s Olympia.

The former England amateur star turned over in 2007 but, after being plagued by hand injuries, was forced to take a three year break from the game, before returning with a win in April this year.

Now, with his mitt problems fully resolved by surgery and rest, the undefeated Scouser is desperate to return to action and ride the crest of the wave that the Merseyside boxing scene is currently on.

“It’s great to see what’s happening in Liverpool at the minute and it makes me think ‘I want a piece of that; I want people chanting my name when I walk to the ring’, said Nathan, who is 8-0 with two KOs.

“I want to be successful like the other fighters in the city, and having time out has made me realise how much I want to get back in the ring and fulfil my potential.

“The few years I’ve had out means there’s no mileage on the clock. I’m still fresh and I’m coming back with boxing booming. Liverpool’s a hotbed; it’s thriving and success breeds success.”

Nathan, like any Liverpudlian fighter today, has huge boots to fill. If the 28-year-old is to follow in the footsteps of title-winners like David Price, Tony Bellew and Kevin Satchell, then decent tests like Davies will need to be negotiated well.

Six foot tall and a boxer who likes to back opponents up, Brough is full of respect for his Olympia challenger and knows he will be coming for his scalp but, come fight night, the light-welterweight will just be pleased to be back between the ropes and making up for lost time.

“His record shows he’s a decent fighter. He’s taken the fight, he’s game, and I’m respectful of anyone who steps in the ring. I’m looking forward to getting in there and seeing what he brings to the table.

“It will feel like Christmas come early for me on the 8th. I’m really looking forward to it. I’m training with a couple of lads on the show [Ryan Farrag and Steve Lewis] which is great, and I’m very excited.”

Prestatyn’s Davies, with just a single defeat in six contests isn’t, however, travelling to Liverpool just to make up the numbers. The 26-year-old, who attributes his sole loss to being weight-drained, sees this contest as a chance to make a name for himself and is sure he can cause an upset.

“I’ve stepped up in weight and feel the best I’ve ever felt. I’m very confident and have been sparring with Ricky Hatton and Adam Little in the build-up.

“This fight is my opportunity to shine. He’s got a good record; these chances don’t come around often, and if I beat him then people will stand up and take notice.”

‘Scouse Land’ takes place at Liverpool’s Olympia on December 8 and features Merseyside fighters Nathan Brough; Ryan Farrag; Louis Cuddy; Steve Lewis; Phil Smith, and Sean Dodd. Wales’ Mark Evans and debutant Kevin Cornish also appear.

Tickets, priced at £30 (General) and £50 (Ringside), are available from all boxers or at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Keep updated on VIP Promotions’ news by visiting [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or follow on Twitter @vipboxing and Facebook. Currently, you can also watch free fights at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stegsie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum