Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Arrow Marquez-gate?

So since last nights great fight, (the best I've seen in a while) lots of people are talking about you know what.

I posted this yesterday before the fight: "But what I will add finally, is that I dont think it will be over when the final bell rings. I really dont. I smell something fishy, but this time, it will be in Marquez's corner. "

Is it just a case that sport/boxing has become like this and nobody can be trusted, is it just paranoia? It seems that whenever something shocking happens, there is some other reason for it, rather than it just being naturally shocking.

We all know Pacquiao was accused for years when he was at his peak, but for the last few poor performances, those accusations have gone very quiet.

So my question to you, is Marquez on it or not? And if you think so, why do you think that, what have you seen during the fight or before the fight that makes you think that?

Or do you think it was just purely boxing and a great punch, with no cheating involved?
craney91 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: Marquez-gate?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post

I appreciate that, but I've never posted in general, because it seems more like a cesspit than the British forum.

I know there are some intelligent posters on the Brit forum, of which there are few, but I'm genuinely interested in what people think on this debate. A lot of people are talking about it, and I smelt fishiness before the fight.

Personally, I just think Marquez put the work in and came into the fight in the best shape, the fact Pacquiao didnt put the same level of work in, meant the devastating fashion the fight ended in, made it almost surreal and unbelievable yes, but was it really a surprise when you see Marquez's dedication and hard work in camp?

Dont forget, Manny put Marquez on his ass and in trouble a few times.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

C'mon Craney. If you look for this sort of stuff hard enough you can convince yourself that its happened in pretty much every fight. Most times its 2 plus 2 equals 5 type logic.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
Godfather
I put the G in God
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Marquez is juiced off his arse.

He should be done for attempted murder.
Godfather is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
C'mon Craney. If you look for this sort of stuff hard enough you can convince yourself that its happened in pretty much every fight. Most times its 2 plus 2 equals 5 type logic.
I'm not saying it though mate, but others are, and its these I want to hear from and why they think so.

I dont think either fighter was at anything.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

I have been watching Marquez since he was supposed to be fighting my fallen idol Scotty harrison a lifetime ago.

Until that fight last night? Marquez never had arms like that, & a neck like that. & most importantly, he didnt have one punch power like that.

To be touching 40 & suddenly become almost overnight a built like a tank big punching beast? Lets just say theres a rat in the house, & I can smell it
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Edit--- Spelling was shite.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
I have been watching Marquez since he was supposed to be fighting my fallen idol Scotty harrison a lifetime ago.

Until that fight last night? Marquez never had arms like that, & a neck like that. & most importantly, he didnt have one punch power like that.

To be touching 40 & suddenly become almost overnight a built like a tank big punching beast? Lets just say theres a rat in the house, & I can smell it
Never put down Pacquaio before has he?

Dunno man, it could be a mixture of a few things, better technique, better upper body power, better timing....you can improve these things if you work hard enough, and Marquez worked hard before the fight. Harder than Pacquiao, and for longer than Pacquiao.

But on the other hand, Pacquiao was more careless and too excited. Plus add to the fact, Pacquiao's prep was rubbish compared to Marquez's.

I can see where people are coming from, because weve been scarred before, but I think last night was as good as it gets, and I dont think there was any BS going on.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
Bellewlovechild
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Ins a new dawn out with Ariza and in with Hernandez, Usain Bolt aint on it either
Bellewlovechild is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #12
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2323

I am kinda suspicious but he's innocent until proven guilty I suppose.
KidJackal is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #13
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

Roach did come out before the fight and raise suspicions, which was pretty surprising.
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #14
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Personally I thought he was on stuff in the build-up to the third Pacquiao fight. It isn't natural for a 38-39 year old, whose already been training rigourously for years, to make those type of improvements at that age.

Now with Pacquiao, he may have been on stuff, I don't know but what I do know is he's had his name ruined by accusations by the Mayweathers and his rise to his peak in his late 20's/early 30's is much more natural than Mayweather and Marquez who are seemingly still in their primes well into their 30's yet even casual fans mention steroids when Pacs name is brought up.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
SuspiciousChees
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Built like a tank? what a load of nonsense, meet him in the street and he would be a little guy still. He is only 143 lbs. You dont need roids to put on a few pounds of muscle. He was obviously weight training.
SuspiciousChees is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum