VivaNazVegas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 585
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
This!

Add Michalczewski and Collins to the list as well.
Wrong, Roy didn't duck those guys, they ducked Roy.
Owned
VivaNazVegas is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #587
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaNazVegas View Post
Wrong, Roy didn't duck those guys, they ducked Roy.
Owned
banny is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #588
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 210

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Mario Veit has one of the THE most padded records in the history of boxing!
Which is alot better than most of the current SMW top 10 have done at the weight
Quote:
And Ward beat Kessler more convincingly than Joe.
And... You are comparing old end of career Calzaghe beating a prime undefeated champ, to a young man headbutting an unwell, rusty double vision suffering fighter who hadnt mixed in top class for a while.
Still if I go down your road, Calzaghe beat Bika more convincingly than Ward, so what.

Quote:
Froch beat the shit out of Bute,. The only reason Bute was undefeated was because he hadnt stepped up like Ward did and fight the best in the division.

Froch was ALWAYS better than Bute, as was Kessler. We saw that when Bute and Froch actually fought.
What are you trying to get at?
Ward didnt want to try and fight Bute and before Bute and Froch fought, Bute was the favourite and had looked most of the time better against common opponents than Froch and Ward.
Ward could have proved it, he didnt want to try, even when Bute was willing to go to Oakland. Bute dared to travel abroad even if it didnt pay off, ward never even dared
Quote:
Ward is 28 and has a better SMW resume than Calzaghe already.
How do you get that, when wards best win is over an unwell double vision suffering fighter, who Calzaghe beat when prime.

Still nobody can counter this
Can any Ward fans answer the question below?

Calzaghe beat 3 undefeated fighters who had or went on to claim a SMW title.
Questions to the Ward fans and please dont duck the questions below

1. Someone tell me which top undefeated fighters Ward has beaten?
2. Tell me which top undefeated world champs Ward has fought?

Lets read the answers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Try and debate against this

Andre Ward............VS.............Joe Calzaghe
Froch.....................................Kessler (Kessler the better win) (Kessler beat Froch)
Kessler...................................Eubank (Eubank the better win)
Dawson..................................Lacy (Lacy a proven SMW and winner of 5 SMW title fights. Dawson no pedigree at all at SMW) (Lacy the better win)
Abraham.................................Mitchell (Mitchell a 2 time SMW champ who had never been clearly beaten, only lost by debateable SD in Germany to Ottke, had KOd long time SMW champ Liles, beaten a future SMW champ twice, compared to AA who had done nothing at SMW) (Mitchell better win)
Bika.......................................Brewer (Bikas best win became Manfredo, Brewer had beaten H Graham and was a SMW champ) (Brewer the better win) (Bika was a Calzaghe left over at that time and had been out of the ring bar less than a round for a while)
Green.....................................Woodhall (Woodhall a SMW champ, who had beaten a reigning SMW champ, a world rated former champ, a future SMW champ and Branco a world rated SMW who became WBA LHW champ, who at SMW beat R Reid and G Johnson who when old and shot KOd Green) (Woodhall a better win)
Miranda...................................Bika (Bika now a top 5 SMW had drawn with 3 time SMW champ Beyer) (Bika a better win)
Buchanan (?????)......................Sheika (Sheika a better win) (Sheika was coming off a win over G Johnson and was a top 10 SMW at the time)
Camou (?????)..........................Veit (Veit a SMW title holder who had a fair resume, better than at least 2 of the current top 5 SMWs) (Veit a better win)Then include the Reid win and then the other top 10 SMWs and its clear Calzaghe is well ahead. I could have put Mkertchyan ahead of Green, Camou, Miranda, Buchanon

Very clear but nobody will have a sensible answer to say otherwise, it will just be a lame Faileys losing it answer when they cant debate against

Somebody tell me how Ward has done more than that.

Nobody can counter the above or answer the questions. In fact they hide from the questions

How can you think ward has a better SMW resume .
I like Froch, but look at how before he fought Ward he was being fought to a Mdec by old journeyman G Johnson who was beaten when prime by Sheika at SMW, who Calzaghe then beat. It shows how weak SMW era has become.
bailey is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #589
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Bailey,

You're embarrassing yourself even more than you normally do.

Have you even read my post that you've quoted?

It was a proposed double header to promote the fight between them. It would have introduced him to the American public, and it would have hyped the fight and created huge interest. That's obvious!

DM was making between 1M-1.5M for fighting in Germany.

After the double header, he could have fought Roy to win his old belts back, and to unify the whole division, for between 5M-6M.

He turned down the opportunity.

Do you know what he did after turning down the opportunity to unify the division for that amount of money?

He CONTINUED fighting b class opposition.

He turned down a 6M opportunity, to fight

RICHARD HALL (twice)

DERICK HARMON

and

JOEY DE GRANDIS

Haha!

That's how BADLY he wanted Roy!

He turned down all that money in 2001, to fight De Grandis

If you'd bothered to read the 5 different articles that's been posted with Jacobs and Murad, you wouldn't be looking like a complete fool right now!

It's not funny at all. There's a perfectly logical answer. In 2001 Roy was the best fighter in the world, and the unified 175 champ. Fights were made on his terms. He was the man and he had power. He'd got something that other fighters wanted. If you want what the champ has, then you have to go to the champ, because he's not going to come to you.

When he went to Australia, Russia and Poland, it's because he had to. He was no longer the man, and he had to go to their back yards because he desperately wants a cruiser belt. He now has to do things, that he didn't need to in the past.

He wanted Green's cruiser belt, so he went to him. If DM had've badly wanted Roy's belts, then he had to go to Roy.

I guess I past my Sheffield test?
Show me the links Loudon. You have said before that this fighter was getting paid this and fighter was getting paid that, yet you then later admitted you were wrong and didnt know who was getting what, so links please.

Roy didnt go to Germany and challenge the champ. You say, these fighters had something Roy wants like D Greens nothing CW title, so surely Roy would have wanted to fight the man, when at the alledged peak of his powers. Guess not
bailey is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #590
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
I heard a guy called silencer used set up questions and answer them himself through his alt account!! Every sort of nutjob passes through this place. Hahaha
How would you have heard that and thought it worth mentioning unless you are an alt yourself from a while back.
Im guessing HerolGee
bailey is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #591
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

What are you talking about? The proposed double header led to a fight that was worth in the region of $6M

Kohl dismissed the proposal

I don't know the offer? Kohl turned down the proposal. It was nothing to do with how much money DM was going to get paid. He turned down the idea of it, by saying DM wasn't an undercard fighter which was retarded.

DM was getting paid $1M-$1.5M

The double header was a good idea to hype the fight, to make it big.

Kohl turned down the opportunity, and then DM continued fighting guys like Hall for the same money he'd been on.

Now what does that say to you??

Don't be an idiot! Why the **** would HBO want to stage a double header, if they weren't definitely going to make the fight afterwards?

Of course it was guaranteed you fool! Again, why the **** would HBO want to pay for a double header to promote a fight, but then NOT go through with it? Ha! You're being ridiculous!

The fight with Roy was worth about $6M to DM.

Because at the time, the fight with DM was Roy's main objective. Murad approached those fighters two years after these talks were held.

What offer?

At the end of the rainbow, there was a potential $6M and a chance to win his old belts back.

The opportunity was turned down, to instead carry on fighting guys like Hall and Harmon for $1M-1.5M

Wake the **** up!

According to Kohl, DM was too good to appear on an undercard with Roy, even though it would have hyped the fight for a huge unification showdown.

Apparently DM was too proud.

Funny how he then went on to fight Richard Hall twice.

Too proud to promote a fight with the best fighter in the world, but he was ok fighting Harmon and Hall. Right, I've got you! Makes perfect sense.

Kohl was either the WORST BUSINESSMAN who's ever been in business, or DM didn't want the fight. Which one are you going with?

Commit?? He sent Brad Jacobs to have talks with Kohl and HBO to try and MAKE the fight!

He fought on HBO 25 times. Of course he was commited, they paid him a fortune, and everybody wanted the fight.

You haven't got a clue.

Nobody could come to the conclusion that you have, after reading those 5 articles and watching that video.

So I'm assuming you're winding me up, for a laugh?

Nobody could be this daft.

You really are the Danish Bailey.

You and him would be the greatest lawyers that had ever lived.

You should get in contact with him. You could both make millions.

Regards, Loudon.
Now it has become painful. So no links, no proof and just Loudons words, which mean nothing until proven.
Lets talk Sheffield again.
Tell me of a well known CW who didnt win a world title that was fighting in the early 00s
bailey is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #592
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[quote=bailey;14406018]
Quote:
Which is alot better than most of the current SMW top 10 have done at the weight
And... You are comparing old end of career Calzaghe beating a prime undefeated champ, to a young man headbutting an unwell, rusty double vision suffering fighter who hadnt mixed in top class for a while.
Still if I go down your road, Calzaghe beat Bika more convincingly than Ward, so what.

Ward didnt want to try and fight Bute and before Bute and Froch fought, Bute was the favourite and had looked most of the time better against common opponents than Froch and Ward.
Ward could have proved it, he didnt want to try, even when Bute was willing to go to Oakland. Bute dared to travel abroad even if it didnt pay off, ward never even dared

How do you get that, when wards best win is over an unwell double vision suffering fighter, who Calzaghe beat when prime.

Lets read the answers

Froch.....................................Kessler (Kessler the better win) (Kessler beat Froch)
Dawson..................................Lacy (Lacy a proven SMW and winner of 5 SMW title fights. Dawson no pedigree at all at SMW) (Lacy the better win)
Abraham.................................Mitchell (Mitchell a 2 time SMW champ who had never been clearly beaten, only lost by debateable SD in Germany to Ottke, had KOd long time SMW champ Liles, beaten a future SMW champ twice, compared to AA who had done nothing at SMW) (Mitchell better win)
Bika.......................................Brewer (Bikas best win became Manfredo, Brewer had beaten H Graham and was a SMW champ) (Brewer the better win) (Bika was a Calzaghe left over at that time and had been out of the ring bar less than a round for a while)
Green.....................................Woodhall (Woodhall a SMW champ, who had beaten a reigning SMW champ, a world rated former champ, a future SMW champ and Branco a world rated SMW who became WBA LHW champ, who at SMW beat R Reid and G Johnson who when old and shot KOd Green) (Woodhall a better win)
Miranda...................................Bika (Bika now a top 5 SMW had drawn with 3 time SMW champ Beyer) (Bika a better win)
Buchanan (?????)......................Sheika (Sheika a better win) (Sheika was coming off a win over G Johnson and was a top 10 SMW at the time)
Camou (?????)..........................Veit (Veit a SMW title holder who had a fair resume, better than at least 2 of the current top 5 SMWs) (Veit a better win)Then include the Reid win and then the other top 10 SMWs and its clear Calzaghe is well ahead. I could have put Mkertchyan ahead of Green, Camou, Miranda, Buchanon

Very clear but nobody will have a sensible answer to say otherwise, it will just be a lame Faileys losing it answer when they cant debate against

Nobody can counter the above or answer the questions. In fact they hide from the questions

I like Froch, but look at how before he fought Ward he was being fought to a Mdec by old journeyman G Johnson who was beaten when prime by Sheika at SMW, who Calzaghe then beat. It shows how weak SMW era has become.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
banny is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #593
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
I heard a guy called silencer used set up questions and answer them himself through his alt account!! Every sort of nutjob passes through this place. Hahaha
Haha!
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #594
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
This!

Add Michalczewski and Collins to the list as well.
Go to post 78 on this thread.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #595
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=bailey;14406018]
Quote:

Lets read the answers

You've posted your questions again, so you can have the same answer.

The answer to your questions are zero.

How old is Andre Ward?

He's 28.

How old was Joe when he beat Lacy?

34! 6 years older than Andre!

What about vs Kessler?

35! 7 years older than Andre!

How many OPPORTUNITIES has Andre had to beat a top undefeated fighter?

What was Joe doing at Andre's age at 28?

You're comparing stats between a fighter who retired at 36, after having 46 fights.

That's a difference of 20 fights, and an age gap of 8 years.

You are an absolute IDIOT!
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #596
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

banny is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #597
VivaNazVegas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 585

Quote:

You've posted your questions again, so you can have the same answer.

The answer to your questions are zero.

How old is Andre Ward?

He's 28.

How old was Joe when he beat Lacy?

34! 6 years older than Andre!

What about vs Kessler?

35! 7 years older than Andre!

How many OPPORTUNITIES has Andre had to beat a top undefeated fighter?

What was Joe doing at Andre's age at 28?

You're comparing stats between a fighter who retired at 36, after having 46 fights.

That's a difference of 20 fights, and an age gap of 8 years.

Come on now that's a bit harsh don't you think?
VivaNazVegas is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #598
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Show me the links Loudon. You have said before that this fighter was getting paid this and fighter was getting paid that, yet you then later admitted you were wrong and didnt know who was getting what, so links please.

Roy didnt go to Germany and challenge the champ. You say, these fighters had something Roy wants like D Greens nothing CW title, so surely Roy would have wanted to fight the man, when at the alledged peak of his powers. Guess not
Post 78 and post 440.

If it's too difficult for you, ask someone for help.

DM wasn't the man though. Roy had the three main belts.

Greens cruiser belt was a step in the right direction to getting a proper belt at cruiser. But it was too late in his career. He then tried to beat Lebdev to get to Huck, and he's recently been to Poland.

He's now travelling in his 40's, because he's desperate for a belt.

DM was stripped, then fought Hall twice and Harmon in Germany.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #599
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaNazVegas View Post
Come on now that's a bit harsh don't you think?
I'm only having fun mate! There's no malice.

Me and him go at it like this all the time.

We're always winding each other up.

He's copied and pasted these same questions a hundred times now ha!
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #600
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Now it has become painful. So no links, no proof and just Loudons words, which mean nothing until proven.
Lets talk Sheffield again.
Tell me of a well known CW who didnt win a world title that was fighting in the early 00s
There's been 5 articles and a video shown in the last few weeks.

Look at posts 78 and 440.

It's really not that difficult.

Where's all this Sheffield stuff come from?

What's brought it up?

Why do you think I'm lying?

Why would Zod lie?

What's he said to make yo think he's lying?
Loudon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum