Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675
Default Anyone notice JMMs speed during 24/7 episode 3??

I have never seen that type of speed combined with power from JMM. I am used to watching these 24/7 shows and seeing Pac look the more explosive of the 2 in their training. For the first time I saw JMM punching with just as much speed as Pac but with more of a thud. I am almost leaning towards a stoppage for JMM here. I have scored all fights for him when facing Pac and in my predictions I have always been realistic saying JMM can not stop Pac.

I am not so sure anymore. Angel definitely helped JMM alot here. What would the public do if Pac gets stopped?
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Anyone notice JMMs speed during 24/7 episode 3??

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
I have never seen that type of speed combined with power from JMM. I am used to watching these 24/7 shows and seeing Pac look the more explosive of the 2 in their training. For the first time I saw JMM punching with just as much speed as Pac but with more of a thud. I am almost leaning towards a stoppage for JMM here. I have scored all fights for him when facing Pac and in my predictions I have always been realistic saying JMM can not stop Pac.

I am not so sure anymore. Angel definitely helped JMM alot here. What would the public do if Pac gets stopped?
I noticed it also, he bulked right this time, like Nacho admitted in the last fight JMM didnt have his speed which worried him, the difference from the last fight is noticeable
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
I noticed it also, he bulked right this time, like Nacho admitted in the last fight JMM didnt have his speed which worried him, the difference from the last fight is noticeable
The speed is definitely there. Heck if it wasnt there last time and he still beat Pac 8-4 on my card then what will happen now?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

I think over his whole career, he was quicker and a more effective one-punch hitter at 126 and 130. But this is the quickest of hand he's looked since maybe Casamayor. Hard to get a sense of his actual speed, since he rarely throws extremely long strings of combinations against Manny, but I'm sure they've made improvements since the last camp. The thunder is definitely there.

If JMM stops Manny, the PED accusations will become rampant, and it will signify the end of an era. It will also make Floyd look bad for not stepping up and missing his chance likely for good, regardless of whether it was his fault or not. It does seem more likely now, what with him knocking the bag off it's screws entirely.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I think over his whole career, he was quicker and a more effective one-punch hitter at 126 and 130. But this is the quickest of hand he's looked since maybe Casamayor. Hard to get a sense of his actual speed, since he rarely throws extremely long strings of combinations against Manny, but I'm sure they've made improvements since the last camp. The thunder is definitely there.

If JMM stops Manny, the PED accusations will become rampant, and it will signify the end of an era. It will also make Floyd look bad for not stepping up and missing his chance likely for good, regardless of whether it was his fault or not. It does seem more likely now, what with him knocking the bag off it's screws entirely.
If JMM stops Manny, Floyd won't be looking bad. After all, he did outclass JMM in a 12 round contest not that long ago.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

JMM is more focused on his training and the speed and power is there, with really bad intentions.

Pacquiao on the other hand, meh. He's like playing on training.

This fight is a redemption for the two. If one gets the win, the last 3 arguable fights will be settled on who really won, me thinks.

WAR JMM

WAR PAC
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
If JMM stops Manny, Floyd won't be looking bad. After all, he did outclass JMM in a 12 round contest not that long ago.
He's going to be remembered for two things; one, being an amazing boxer with a great career, and two, if the fight never happens, for never fighting Manny Pacquiao. Triangle theory doesn't work in boxing, and if anything, it's more embarrassing when you beat one out of two supposed little men, and never take on the more historically compelling fight between them. Marquez will have fought Manny 4 times now, across 3 different spans of his development, with the odds stacked against him for this last fight, and he defied everyone's expectations. Floyd demanded a bigger purse, outpointed Cotto, and went to jail.

My only point is that as far as history is concerned, JMM stopping Pacquiao would likely put a permanent seal on Pac's decline as a dominant force, and a popularly demanded threat to Mayweather. The window would close, and Floyd will have missed it.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
JMM is more focused on his training and the speed and power is there, with really bad intentions.

This fight is a redemption for the two. If one gets the win, the last 3 arguable fights will be settled on who really won, me thinks.

WAR JMM

WAR PAC
He has too many yes man in his camp including Roach, ariza seems the only one that wants Manny to give it his all, he may be an ass and a hindrance at times to Manny, but he has his best interest in mind all the time
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post

WAR JMM

WAR PAC
Pac's open media day workout was meh, but he looked explosive in sparring and other 24/7 clips.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
jmmpbf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He did mention that they continued working on hes power and speed after the fight with Pacquiao last year.
jmmpbf is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Would this make anyone want a JMM-PBF rematch. My guess would be no but if he was able to stop Pac and look good doing it I think a PBF rematch would sell but of course I would say JMM needs to make PBF come down in weight to a catch weight and have PBF actually make it.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #12
Jak Boxer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

He didn't look any faster to me, but his body looks more cut up. He looks like he's adapted to this weight better.
Jak Boxer is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Two Words:

Undetectable Steriods.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
Badbot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1170

Prime Marquez was still much much faster.
Badbot is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
Nacho said that by fight time, JMM found his speed. He said it on 24 7

Marquez definitely looks lean as ****, but he also looked like a beast in the last fight.

Pac is declining a lot faster than Marquez. Marquez stopping Pac now would just show how far Pac has slipped.

They've already fought twice in their primes, at 126 and 130. A fourth fight will still be an amazing display of ability but not as much as before regardless of the outcome.
PH|LLA is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum