Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
gurby22
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 4229
Default Just rewatched Marquez/Pac 3 again... This is why I hate Lampley...

So I was just watching this fight again and after a few minutes, I wanted to throw up from Lampley's ass sucking. I could almost smell Pac's shit through my TV speakers every time Lampley opened his mouth. So I decided to call out all the times Lampley's calling was off. I know there is the great "Decoding Marquez/Pac" video, but I just want to concentrate on Lampley's horrible biased announcing, which I'm sure a lot of pactard's and casual's take as the gospel. These are the WTF Lampley moments that I had re-watching this fight.

Round 3
2:24 Clean hard uppercut lands from Marquez, Lampley says "Good shot landed from Pac."

Great combination from Marquez, no clean punches landed from Pac.

Pac lands a good right hook, but Marquez not visibly phased. Lampley: "GREAT HOOK FROM MANNY! BEST PUNCH OF THE FIGHT SO FAR!"

Round 4
No credit to Marquez so far (all 3 judges gave last round to Marquez)
Marquez lands some good body shots. Lampley: "Marquez needs to be careful he doesn't get caught by Pacquiao while throwing those low body shots."
(Great replay between round for Marquez)

Round 5
Hard uppercut from Marquez, crowd cheers. Lampley: "Pacquiao was not paying attention."
So far Kellerman is the only one that seems to give Marquez any credit, Lampley and Steward stay quiet after every time Kellerman praises Marquez.

Round 6
Lampley: Something along the lines of "The reason many Pac fans have become so delusional is because Pac is so mesmerizing." Cant tell if he is putting down pactard's or calling himself one.

Round 7
Not only is Lampley a pactard, he's also a shitty commentator. He calls the fight wrong at times even when its at Pacquiao's favor. Lampley yells " Great body shots by Marquez, those punches land!" Marquez actually landed a low blow and even touches gloves with Pacquiao apologetically.

End of the round: Lampley praising Pac, Steward jumps in and says Marquez is taking his time to land the cleaner punches.

Roach tells Pacquiao he needs to pick it up because they are falling behind.

Round 8
Lampley: "Marquez can't match Pacquiao with footwork and speed." Goes on to give story about how a football player that was watching his first live fight said he was most impressed with Pacquiao's footwork.

Kellerman mentions Pac hasn't fought a great fighter since the last Marquez fight. Lampley stays quiet.

00:35 Lampley: "Right hand over the top by Manny!"
Steward: "And Marquez comes back with a shot every time after that."
Lampley: "...More and more though it seems that by moving to the side, Pacquiao insures himself by running to the side after the left"
Didn't Steward just say Marquez always comes back every time Pac throws the left?

Kellerman: "The most memorable punches that have been landed throughout the fight have been Marquezs'."
Steward: "Yes." Talks about how it's Pac's constant back and forth jiggling that creates excitement.
Lampley: *chirp*...*chirp*

Round 9
Another time Lampley ****s up the call when its in Pac's favor. Pac lands some good counter combinations. Lampley: "Pac needs to find a way to land some combinations."

Last ten seconds of the round, Pac misses about 3 different combinations. Lampley gets all emotional..."That might have won Pacquiao the round!"

In between rounds Roach tells Pac "We have to knock this guy out."

Round 10
Lampley: "And now the moment we've all been waiting for....Harold, how do you have it through 9?"
Lederman: "OK JIM! You know, Manny (Steward), here's what you dont understand and what me and Jim have pointed out. Footwork for Manny, affective aggresion for Manny, and defense for Manny."

Lampley points out the wide scorecard's Lederman had for the first two fights.
Lampley: "You might think that Harold's judging style favors Pacquiao, but no, other judges would be wise to emulate him."

End of round there's an even rally between both, Lampley even calls the shots landed ("Pacquiao lands, and Marquez comes back!"), still says "Pacquiao comes back with a rally to win the round."

Round 11
Lampley: "Going by Harold's scorecard, the only way Marquez can win is by knockout."

Steward: "Even though Marquez is matching Pacquiao punch for punch, Manny just looks so fast and so strong."
Kellerman: "Marquez is 38, Pacquiao is 32....."
Steward: "......"
Lampley moves on to next subject.

End of the round... Steward: "Clear Marquez round"
Roach: "Manny, we need to put this guys on his ass."

Round 12
Lampley: "If Berenstein is this confident (about telling Marquez he is winning), he must not know volume punching is the single biggest factor in the sport of boxing." (Marquez has higher compubox stats in the first and second fight)

Steward: "Pacquiao looks very frustrated and desperate, he doesn't know what to do."
Lampley agrees, then a few seconds later with 10 seconds left in the round: "
Pacquiao only needs to throw one more combination to seal the round!" Pac doesn't land anything.

Please pactards... All I ask is that you watch the fourth fight without the biased commentary... Judge the fight for yourselves. I was at the third fight live and all the filipinos around me told me Marquez deserved the win. If they can admit it, c'mon.... You can too.
gurby22 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681
Default Re: Just rewatched Marquez/Pac 3 again... This is why I hate Lampley...

Who gives a flying **** about Pactards? They are called Pactards for a reason.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
gurby22
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Who gives a flying **** about Pactards? They are called Pactards for a reason.
True! There just seems to be so many.... Lately though it seems like a lot are opening their eyes though.
gurby22 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 450

Lampley does the same thing in plenty of fights.

Emmanuel Steward would often times, politely correct him. (RIP)
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #5
gurby22
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHut View Post
Lampley does the same thing in plenty of fights.

Emmanuel Steward would often times, politely correct him. (RIP)
I feel like Steward was initially going for Pacquiao, but while watching the fight couldn't bring himself to call it for Pac.
gurby22 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #6
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurby22 View Post
So I was just watching this fight again and after a few minutes, I wanted to throw up from Lampley's ass sucking. I could almost smell Pac's shit through my TV speakers every time Lampley opened his mouth. So I decided to call out all the times Lampley's calling was off. I know there is the great "Decoding Marquez/Pac" video, but I just want to concentrate on Lampley's horrible biased announcing, which I'm sure a lot of pactard's and casual's take as the gospel. These are the WTF Lampley moments that I had re-watching this fight.

Round 3
2:24 Clean hard uppercut lands from Marquez, Lampley says "Good shot landed from Pac."

Great combination from Marquez, no clean punches landed from Pac.

Pac lands a good right hook, but Marquez not visibly phased. Lampley: "GREAT HOOK FROM MANNY! BEST PUNCH OF THE FIGHT SO FAR!"

Round 4
No credit to Marquez so far (all 3 judges gave last round to Marquez)
Marquez lands some good body shots. Lampley: "Marquez needs to be careful he doesn't get caught by Pacquiao while throwing those low body shots."
(Great replay between round for Marquez)

Round 5
Hard uppercut from Marquez, crowd cheers. Lampley: "Pacquiao was not paying attention."
So far Kellerman is the only one that seems to give Marquez any credit, Lampley and Steward stay quiet after every time Kellerman praises Marquez.

Round 6
Lampley: Something along the lines of "The reason many Pac fans have become so delusional is because Pac is so mesmerizing." Cant tell if he is putting down pactard's or calling himself one.

Round 7
Not only is Lampley a pactard, he's also a shitty commentator. He calls the fight wrong at times even when its at Pacquiao's favor. Lampley yells " Great body shots by Marquez, those punches land!" Marquez actually landed a low blow and even touches gloves with Pacquiao apologetically.

End of the round: Lampley praising Pac, Steward jumps in and says Marquez is taking his time to land the cleaner punches.

Roach tells Pacquiao he needs to pick it up because they are falling behind.

Round 8
Lampley: "Marquez can't match Pacquiao with footwork and speed." Goes on to give story about how a football player that was watching his first live fight said he was most impressed with Pacquiao's footwork.

Kellerman mentions Pac hasn't fought a great fighter since the last Marquez fight. Lampley stays quiet.

00:35 Lampley: "Right hand over the top by Manny!"
Steward: "And Marquez comes back with a shot every time after that."
Lampley: "...More and more though it seems that by moving to the side, Pacquiao insures himself by running to the side after the left"
Didn't Steward just say Marquez always comes back every time Pac throws the left?

Kellerman: "The most memorable punches that have been landed throughout the fight have been Marquezs'."
Steward: "Yes." Talks about how it's Pac's constant back and forth jiggling that creates excitement.
Lampley: *chirp*...*chirp*

Round 9
Another time Lampley ****s up the call when its in Pac's favor. Pac lands some good counter combinations. Lampley: "Pac needs to find a way to land some combinations."

Last ten seconds of the round, Pac misses about 3 different combinations. Lampley gets all emotional..."That might have won Pacquiao the round!"

In between rounds Roach tells Pac "We have to knock this guy out."

Round 10
Lampley: "And now the moment we've all been waiting for....Harold, how do you have it through 9?"
Lederman: "OK JIM! You know, Manny (Steward), here's what you dont understand and what me and Jim have pointed out. Footwork for Manny, affective aggresion for Manny, and defense for Manny."

Lampley points out the wide scorecard's Lederman had for the first two fights.
Lampley: "You might think that Harold's judging style favors Pacquiao, but no, other judges would be wise to emulate him."

End of round there's an even rally between both, Lampley even calls the shots landed ("Pacquiao lands, and Marquez comes back!"), still says "Pacquiao comes back with a rally to win the round."

Round 11
Lampley: "Going by Harold's scorecard, the only way Marquez can win is by knockout."

Steward: "Even though Marquez is matching Pacquiao punch for punch, Manny just looks so fast and so strong."
Kellerman: "Marquez is 38, Pacquiao is 32....."
Steward: "......"
Lampley moves on to next subject.

End of the round... Steward: "Clear Marquez round"
Roach: "Manny, we need to put this guys on his ass."

Round 12
Lampley: "If Berenstein is this confident (about telling Marquez he is winning), he must not know volume punching is the single biggest factor in the sport of boxing." (Marquez has higher compubox stats in the first and second fight)

Steward: "Pacquiao looks very frustrated and desperate, he doesn't know what to do."
Lampley agrees, then a few seconds later with 10 seconds left in the round: "
Pacquiao only needs to throw one more combination to seal the round!" Pac doesn't land anything.

Please pactards... All I ask is that you watch the fourth fight without the biased commentary... Judge the fight for yourselves. I was at the third fight live and all the filipinos around me told me Marquez deserved the win. If they can admit it, c'mon.... You can too.
Jmm won the third fight. What the **** are you complaining about bitch?
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 05:10 AM   #7
gurby22
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
Jmm won the third fight. What the **** are you complaining about bitch?
Bitch, read the ****ing post... At least the thread title
gurby22 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #8
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Bitch, read the ****ing post... At least the thread title
Your post was a bunch of drivel. Just because lampley and steward were nut huggers, you want to blame pactards for this as well. Gimme a f'n break.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #9
gurby22
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
Your post was a bunch of drivel. Just because lampley and steward were nut huggers, you want to blame pactards for this as well. Gimme a f'n break.
Im sorry pactard. I didn't to single you out as a pactard. I just meant pactard's in general... as in blind Pacquiao dick riders.... The fact that you feel Marquez won the 3rd excludes you from my definition of a pactard. Yet your defense of pactards bunches you back in with them...
gurby22 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #10
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Im sorry pactard. I didn't to single you out as a pactard. I just meant pactard's in general... as in blind Pacquiao dick riders.... The fact that you feel Marquez won the 3rd excludes you from my definition of a pactard. Yet your defense of pactards bunches you back in with them...
You wrote all that for what?

You're a retard.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #11
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

117-111 Marquez
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #12
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

He was worse in the Bradley fight.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 06:34 AM   #13
drunkboat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

3rd fight was a draw or one point in it.
drunkboat is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #14
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

so any jmm pee pee tards would bash the late great trainer emanuel steward as well?

emanuel steward:

but i thought that marquez should have strecthed out a litle bit more, i thought that he played it too safe, he was laying back, he thought he was winning the fight because of the instructions from his corner. big big mistake!

that was a big mistake! if anyone is to be blamed, it's his corner.i mean you never, especially that type of a fight, it's a close fight, and if anyone feel that they are winning the fight that comfortable, he has only fought himself in, he could stepped it up on a quite a few occasions himself but he didn't fight like he was trying to take a championship. you don't win a championship, you take it. he didn't fight that way so i couldn't complain if i was in either corner. i don't think the outcry here is really justifiable.

when marquez is trying to get aggressive, manny started counter-punching him tonight so that's why it's a very technical game but marquez should have stepped it up.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #15
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
so any jmm pee pee tards would bash the late great trainer emanuel steward as well?

emanuel steward:

but i thought that marquez should have strecthed out a litle bit more, i thought that he played it too safe, he was laying back, he thought he was winning the fight because of the instructions from his corner. big big mistake!

that was a big mistake! if anyone is to be blamed, it's his corner.i mean you never, especially that type of a fight, it's a close fight, and if anyone feel that they are winning the fight that comfortable, he has only fought himself in, he could stepped it up on a quite a few occasions himself but he didn't fight like he was trying to take a championship. you don't win a championship, you take it. he didn't fight that way so i couldn't complain if i was in either corner. i don't think the outcry here is really justifiable.

when marquez is trying to get aggressive, manny started counter-punching him tonight so that's why it's a very technical game but marquez should have stepped it up.
"This fight is going exactly how I thought it would go"

Almost as bad as bob arum's yesterday I was lying today I'm telling the truth.
Bladegunner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum