Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 AM   #1
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

Because I can't see the nod being given to JMM in a close fight

1. When it hasn't happened the other times

2. When the judges took so much flack for their scorecards vs Bradley
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LosAngeles
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 75
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Because I can't see the nod being given to JMM in a close fight

1. When it hasn't happened the other times

2. When the judges took so much flack for their scorecards vs Bradley

Dominate round

Clear round

Clear but competitive

Close



Those are pretty much how to label a round.

The problem with Marquez' chances at a decision against Pacquiao is that while both get the rounds they dominate, Marquez only gets a portion of rounds he clearly wins.
I'd go as far as saying Marquez only gets less than half of the rounds he clearly wins.


Clear but competive, as long as Pacuqiao is competive in a round, no matter if he clearly did'nt win it, the judges are going to bank it for Pacquiao.

Close??? I dont think there's been a close round Marquez has banked in any of the judges card in any of the fights against Pacquiao.



The result of such shenanigans are having a fight where Marquez clearly is superior, going close on the scorecards in favor of Pacquiao.

Nothing leads me to believe it wont happen again this 4th fight.
divac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MIAMI,FL
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

I agree with u 100%

marquez needs a knockout,or,2-3 knockdowns to win!
HIGHCOLLIDE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
Nopporn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCOLLIDE View Post
I agree with u 100%

marquez needs a knockout,or,2-3 knockdowns to win!
Even if Jmm needs it, he can't do it.

JMM couldn't even knock down Pacquiao in those 36 rounds so how can he knock out Pacquiao in the 4th fight?
Nopporn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MIAMI,FL
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

and you can bet 1,000% we gonna get this 1,000 x's more then the video below!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riSEb-hdq8M[/ame]
HIGHCOLLIDE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #6
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MIAMI,FL
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopporn View Post

JMM couldn't even knock down Pacquiao in those 36 rounds so how can he knock out Pacquiao in the 4th fight?



hmmmm,,,i dont know what would make me think that that marquez
can knock down or knock out manny???

hmmmm....MAYBE THE FACT HE ADDED LIKE 20 POUNDS OF PURE MUSCLE!
HIGHCOLLIDE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 AM   #7
acie2g
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

quite frankly watching how these two act together I feel marquez is setting himself up and would deserve everything he get's I actually like marquez but there is no way possible as a fighter you could rob me 3 time changing your overall legacy as well as mine an I sit back with you like we been best friends for years maybe it's just me though..
acie2g is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #8
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

that Bradley decision was as much a kick in the nuts to JMM than PAc IMO


JMM won the 3rd fight clearly just as PAc won the Bradley fight clearly, JMM deserved that win over Pac bigtime considering what went on in the others.

Corruption ruins boxing.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #9
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Dominate round

Clear round

Clear but competitive

Close



Those are pretty much how to label a round.

The problem with Marquez' chances at a decision against Pacquiao is that while both get the rounds they dominate, Marquez only gets a portion of rounds he clearly wins.
I'd go as far as saying Marquez only gets less than half of the rounds he clearly wins.


Clear but competive, as long as Pacuqiao is competive in a round, no matter if he clearly did'nt win it, the judges are going to bank it for Pacquiao.

Close??? I dont think there's been a close round Marquez has banked in any of the judges card in any of the fights against Pacquiao.



The result of such shenanigans are having a fight where Marquez clearly is superior, going close on the scorecards in favor of Pacquiao.

Nothing leads me to believe it wont happen again this 4th fight.
I completely agree
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #10
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 155
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

I'm thinking the opposite.
After the Pacquiao-Bradley fiasco, the judges would be more careful with how they score each round, especially when two superstars meet in the ring.

If anything, this fight should be better judged.

Also I agree that Bradley winning hurt JMM more since he deserved a win over Pac far greater than Bradley did.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #11
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

Wasn't the same sorta' thing being said for the Bradley fight - 'considering what happened in the JMM fight, does Bradley need a KO to win?'

You just don't know what's gonna' happen. In fact, considering the controversy surrounding their previous fight and the injustice JMM was dealt with, I'd be more inclined to believe the scoring will be tilted towards JMM to avoid another uproar at the decision. One thing's for sure, if the fight is close again, those judges will be shitting themselves when the scores are read.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #12
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Wasn't the same sorta' thing being said for the Bradley fight - 'considering what happened in the JMM fight, does Bradley need a KO to win?'

You just don't know what's gonna' happen. In fact, considering the controversy surrounding their previous fight and the injustice JMM was dealt with, I'd be more inclined to believe the scoring will be tilted towards JMM to avoid another uproar at the decision. One thing's for sure, if the fight is close again, those judges will be shitting themselves when the scores are read.
I dunno man, for what it's worth I thought Bob was going to try and cash out on Pac/build Bradley as a potential new superstar (and I beleive this is what he did try) and it failed pretty miserably (though it's entirely possible they were in their minds reversing the injustice of the first fight)

I don't see any reason from a business perspective that JMM will win, and it's ****ing sad that nowadays when considering the outcomes of fights I think more about the politics than what actually should happen

I dunno man

I just can't see two potentially controversial decisions going against the most popular boxer in the world back to back
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #13
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LosAngeles
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 75
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Wasn't the same sorta' thing being said for the Bradley fight - 'considering what happened in the JMM fight, does Bradley need a KO to win?'

You just don't know what's gonna' happen. In fact, considering the controversy surrounding their previous fight and the injustice JMM was dealt with, I'd be more inclined to believe the scoring will be tilted towards JMM to avoid another uproar at the decision. One thing's for sure, if the fight is close again, those judges will be shitting themselves when the scores are read.
Listen UR, fight 3 was not close, and yet one of the judge gave Pacquiao 8 ****ing rounds!


Listen, if you just give Marquez 7 rounds in each of the fights, which he most definitely without a doubt won that and more. But if you give him just 7 rounds in each fight, he loses the first fight by a point, wins the 2nd fight by a point, and wins the 3rd by two points.

Giving 5 rounds to Pacquiao in any of these fights is being charitable to Pac, yet he winds up losing 2 or the 3 if they were to be scored that way.


None of these fights were really close. They were competitve but that does'nt equate to being close.

I've seen lots of competive fights being scored proper and the results having wide scorecards, which should have been the case in at least the last two Marquez-Pacquiao fights in favor of Marquez.
divac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #14
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
I dunno man, for what it's worth I thought Bob was going to try and cash out on Pac/build Bradley as a potential new superstar (and I beleive this is what he did try) and it failed pretty miserably (though it's entirely possible they were in their minds reversing the injustice of the first fight)

I don't see any reason from a business perspective that JMM will win, and it's ****ing sad that nowadays when considering the outcomes of fights I think more about the politics than what actually should happen

I dunno man

I just can't see two potentially controversial decisions going against the most popular boxer in the world back to back
Yeah, that is true. Especially the bit about Bob tryna' cash out.

Although that can also lead me to believe that Bob, whilst thinking Manny's time in the sport is up, may be less inclined to want to rig a decision in his favour. And the ****ed up thing is, I would like to say "risk rigging the decision", but what 'risk' is there if there's no one to punish you for it? These promoters can do whatever the **** they want, which then makes me think that Bob would do it again if it means squeezing one or two more fights out of him - which is of course what he's planning to do next year:

- Pac vs Rios
- Bradley vs JMM

Winners face each other.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #15
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Due to the Pacquiao - Bradley controversy, is Pacquiao guaranteed a win vs JMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Listen UR, fight 3 was not close, and yet one of the judge gave Pacquiao 8 ****ing rounds!


Listen, if you just give Marquez 7 rounds in each of the fights, which he most definitely without a doubt won that and more. But if you give him just 7 rounds in each fight, he loses the first fight by a point, wins the 2nd fight by a point, and wins the 3rd by two points.

Giving 5 rounds to Pacquiao in any of these fights is being charitable to Pac, yet he winds up losing 2 or the 3 if they were to be scored that way.


None of these fights were really close. They were competitve but that does'nt equate to being close.

I've seen lots of competive fights being scored proper and the results having wide scorecards, which should have been the case in at least the last two Marquez-Pacquiao fights in favor of Marquez.
But the first two were. That's what I was referring to. The judges will be shitting it if the fight is close again like those two were.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013