Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default In what year did Wlad start to become as cool as a cucumber in the ring?

I would say around 2007-2008, he took himself to another level in terms of ring savvy.

Also, does anyone else think Wlad is much physically stronger these days? He looks much more intimidating, like a full grown mature man compared to his early 2000s self.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: In what year did Wlad start to become as cool as a cucumber in the ring?

He showed great composure against Sam Peter in 2005 while getting clubbed with rabbit punches. Sure, his eyes widened, but that's just his affect, and he remained confident and calm in between rounds.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762
Default Re: In what year did Wlad start to become as cool as a cucumber in the ring?

thats what peds do for ya..
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
p4pBute
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I thought his Mcline fight was one of his best ever, I mean wlad moved around with ease. Honestly that what made sanders loss such a shock, I really thought after Mcline he going to beat lewis, now I already knew wlad chin wasn't the best, an so did his camp. I could be wrong but I think there were two rounds were Mcline did not land a punch. This fight happened in 2002.

I think wlad really just learned to grab from stewart, a tactical grab, but a grab indeed. Also I think stewart got him past having not the best chin in the world. His trainer before steward, did a great job with him, there no way the brothers would of developed as well in America. You have to remember that there is just white hypes in the 90's in America an even now. I really think a boxer like sanders trained in Europe, he would of went much further, even Morrison.

Look at pavlik, I think he is the most over-rated guy, I mean yes he beat taylor, but taylor never had the heart to be a fighter, skill, yes, heart, NO.

To me people under-rate how great wlad was in 2000, I would not say he loses to 2012 wlad as easly as people think. Sanders was the first dangerous guy he looked past.....

edit: I know sanders is south African, but think he would developed more in europe
p4pBute is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Cool as a cucumber?

He fights like he's in panic mode when even fighting bums like Wach.. the **** you talking about cool as a cucumber?
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438

When the good fighters retired and everyone else got fat and lazy. Oh yeah and also when his brother came to fight the guys Wlad wanted to duck.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Cool as a cucumber?

He fights like he's in panic mode when even fighting bums like Wach.. the **** you talking about cool as a cucumber?
Exactly.

Tyson Fury said that Wlad was only hit a few times by Wach but looked like he had gone through hell.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
Exactly.

Tyson Fury said that Wlad was only hit a few times by Wach but looked like he had gone through hell.
Vitali and Wlad have fragile skin, they bruise very easily. Might be genetic. They swell up from a couple jabs like if they were hit with a sledgehammer.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
Eat'Em Up
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1775

His KO of Brock is underrated
Eat'Em Up is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
Exactly.

who gives a shit what Tyson Fury says
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

it aint happened yet.

Fury chin checks wlad in 2014 im hoping.
raichu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum